Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ravello-A Tuscan Lot (feedback welcome)

BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
Hello everyone! I have finally gotten around to uploading Ravello, another Tuscan lot in my Tuscan Series (This is my fourth Tuscan lot, so I figured I had a series on my hands :wink: ). This lot has 3 bedrooms (including a master suite), 2.5 bathrooms, living/dining/kitchen area, study, 2 car-garage, trellis covered patio/entertaining area, pool, gazebo, and vegetable garden (already planted). Here are some screenshots:

RavelloCovershot3-1.jpg
Here is the exterior of Ravello...

Screenshot-42.jpg
Here is the pool/entertaining area...

Screenshot-81.jpg
Here is the master suite, which leads out onto the trellis covered patio...

Screenshot-75.jpg
This is the master suite bathroom...

Screenshot-62.jpg
Here is the dining/kitchen area...

Screenshot-55-1.jpg
Here is one of the upstairs bedrooms...

Screenshot-86.jpg
This is an overview of the bottom floor...

Additional pictures can be found in my story here: Ravello Screenshots
The lot itself is available for download here: Ravello

General Info:
Playtested: Yes
Lot Size: 30x40
Furnished Price: 152,955
Unfurnished Price: 86,999
Premium Items Used: Yes (minimal)
CC Used: Yes (links below)

Robokitty at MTS2 (Mexican tiles used around pool area)Robokitty Mexican Tiles
Sims Art Studio (paintings)
Olive Garden
European Pines
Cinnamon Roads
Sunset
Trees

You will need to visit these two sites to download these items if you would like them to show up in your game as I have put them in the lot. If not, I believe the game just replaces the items with something similar.

As always, feedback is very welcome! Constructive criticism will allow me to become better at building...Don't be shy! If you think something looks off, please let me know!

Comments

• SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited August 2009
    Beautiful! Waaah! I'm working on one now with a lot of similarities! Oh well. I guess you beat me to it!!! A rec. for you!
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited August 2009
    This is stunning! It is peaceful relaxing and it has a truly Tuscan feel about it! dl and rec!
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh Breanne - this is beautiful. I must have it. dl and rec form me. Thank you for sharing :)
  • BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Waaaa! You guys are FAST! *laughing* Thanks so much girls! I'm glad you all like it!
    SimEve wrote:
    Beautiful! Waaah! I'm working on one now with a lot of similarities! Oh well. I guess you beat me to it!!! A rec. for you!

*laughing* SimEve! It's OK! I have a friend who PM'd me another forum and said that she hoped it was alright, but she was making some lots similar to this and was using some of the things I'd done. I told her, of course it was! I love seeing other people's builds, especially if they have been inspired by me in any way. It's very flattering! Please share it with me when you are done...I'll be looking for it!! Check out my other Tuscan lots as well...They are all very similar in style, but I try to make each one unique with different things. If you see anything you like or that I've done in the lots, please use it in your own! :D

Kimwriter: I'm so glad you like it. I love the Tuscan style (as you can see by most of my other lots) and I always have so much fun coming up with/decorating them!

Risclady: Thanks so much Risc! This is quite a compliment, coming from such a wonderful builder as yourself! Thanks!! :D
    edited August 2009
    *laughing* SimEve! It's OK! I have a friend who PM'd me another forum and said that she hoped it was alright, but she was making some lots similar to this and was using some of the things I'd done. I told her, of course it was! I love seeing other people's builds, especially if they have been inspired by me in any way. It's very flattering! Please share it with me when you are done...I'll be looking for it!! Check out my other Tuscan lots as well...They are all very similar in style, but I try to make each one unique with different things. If you see anything you like or that I've done in the lots, please use it in your own!
    Thanks. Mine is more of a Mexican style but there are a lot of similarities! Yours is beautiful!
    edited August 2009
    SimEve wrote:
    Thanks. Mine is more of a Mexican style but there are a lot of similarities! Yours is beautiful!

Mmmm! I love that style as well. The two are somewhat similar. I would love to see EA come out with some more objects/patterns that would work well with these styles...Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've created! :D
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Beautiful. I love your lots.
    edited August 2009
    Thank you so much Debra! I'm glad you like them! :D
  • LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited August 2009
    wonderful job.
    The lot looks lovely. A rec. :wink:

~Light~
    edited August 2009
    SimEve wrote:

Mmmm! I love that style as well. The two are somewhat similar. I would love to see EA come out with some more objects/patterns that would work well with these styles...Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've created! :D
    We need empty terracotta pots!!!
    edited August 2009
    SimEve wrote:
    We need empty terracotta pots!!!

YES!! I was just thinking the same thing myself earlier today. Empty terracotta pots and some catus-type foliage would be nice. Honestly, I would be happy with any type of empty planter. I miss Buggybooz's planters in TS2... :cry:

Light: Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it! :D
  • IceborgIceborg Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2009
    Just beautiful workmanship! :thumbup:

Downloaded and recommended...

• CaliforniaBoundCaliforniaBound Posts: 676 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Woah really nice work, and great interiors. The Tuscan style is one of my favorites and you did a great job. The pool area is amazing, I'm really diggin' the tiles, and the wrought iron fence, and the covered patio with the plants :D
    edited August 2009
    Ice: Thank you so much for the dl and rec! :D

California: *laughing* I'm glad you like it...The pool area was one of my favorite areas as well. I've had to get somewhat creative with my outdoor areas so that all of my Tuscan lots don't feel like they are the same. This pool area was fun to build and came together fairly easily for me! :D
  • AnimagaAnimaga Posts: 548 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I for one, love this lot. Really great job Breanne.
    edited August 2009
    Thank you Animaga! Your current lot is beautiful as well! :D
  • Francis123PFrancis123P Posts: 1,034 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Magnificient. :shock:
    Just like all of your lots. :wink:
  • TnT_TJTnT_TJ Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2009
    O.O That looks almost too real O.O. I think I will have you design my house in RL lol. They all look so warm and welcoming. This is no exception. Exceptional use of colors and textures. Magnificently (is that a word?) decorated outside and in. I love everything about it. Rec'd and fav'd :D
  • Mandy347Mandy347 Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow, that is a beautiful home - the colors, the curtains in front of the tub/beds/etc., the pool - definitely getting a rec from me!
  • Rib640Rib640 Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2009
    I really love this lot! It has a very authentic look and you did a great job furnishing it! Rec'd! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2009
    Francis: Oh, you're so very sweet! Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm really glad you like it!

Mandy: I'm glad you like it as well! I enjoy looking for ways to use the moveObjects cheat and try to create real spaces. I'm always looking for ways to spice up little nooks and small areas I'm glad that you saw all those little details!

Rib: Thanks for the compliment and the rec! I have the most fun with the interior decorating aspects of the game, I think! I'm glad you liked the way it came out! :D

TJ: Hi TJ!! *laughing* I would love to decorate your house in RL, but even mine isn't decorated like these lots...because that costs a LOT of money. My RL house is decorated in the old world style, but not to the extent that these are. Maybe some day when I win the lottery... :D Anyway, I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the rec and the fav! :D
  • BeccaRoxBeccaRox Posts: 368 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I really love this house. I made a Tuscan themed house about a week or two or go but it's not nearly as authentic looking as this. I love the use of color and patterns and your decorating skills are amazing! I had a look at some of your other lots and they are just as beautiful.

I will most definitely be giving this lot a rec as well as your other lovely lots. You did a beautiful job! :D
    edited August 2009
    Becca, thank you so much! Wow! That makes me feel so good coming from such a wonderful builder such as yourself! I really admire all of your things as well! I definitely strive for an air of realism in my lots, while still keeping them as playable as possible. I don't get very many of them done quickly because I tend to be a bit obsessive when it comes to getting everything right, and in the end I am never fully satisfied with every last detail. But, I think we are all our own worst critic... :-)
  • ReesesPiecesNo1ReesesPiecesNo1 Posts: 1,023 Member
    edited August 2009
    Your house looks really good almost as good as my spanish home...haha nah its better :wink:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=21782

i love the colors and the curtains over the bath and bed! and the pool looks awsome! from this house i cant wait to see what other homes you have to offer! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2009
    LOL Reeses! Your Spanish house is very cute! From what I can tell, you did a nice job on it (those EA pictures never do the lots any justice). I'm glad you like Ravello. :D