Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fall exchange gifts for *drumroll please* ... Ciane!!

Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hi Ciane! On the day the names for this fall exchange were sent to us, I was patiently awaiting the reveal of my buddy. When I saw your name popping up in my inbox I was very happy! You're always so helpful and I learned a lot from you (especially from your reinstalling store content thread :)). So it was a great pleasure making these gifts for you. I hope you like them as much as I did making them! :blush:

One thing in your letter that really stood out to me was that getting a family with a house and a bit of their story would make you super happy. Combined with a few others things you mentioned it didn’t take long before an idea was born. This idea sort of became the “glue” to my other gifts. So without further ado, I hereby present you: the story of Eric and Leona May.

A little side note: I wrote the story in Dutch and then translated it into English. So I apologize for any weird sentences and spelling or grammar mistakes :wink:

The Story of Eric and Leona May
Chapter 1: The First Meeting / Lakewood Garden
Chapter 2: Building a Future / Copper Stone Contemporary
Chapter 3: Leap of Faith / Tall Teal Greenhouse
Chapter 4: A Happy Family / The May Family
Post edited by Martje89 on

Comments

• Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    edited November 2016
    Chapter 1: The First Meeting / Lakewood Garden
    Eric and Leona met while in college. They were strangers to each other for a very long time. But that all changed during their last year in college, when they both visited the same park somewhere in the outskirts of the city.

Leona
    On her way to class, Leona was thinking about a new article for the school paper. She loved all things related to stories and dreamed of writing her own books one day. That’s why she was practicing as much as she could in school. She had a deadline next week, but so far this new article didn’t go as planned. She really needed some inspiration. The usual places she would visit for that didn’t really inspire her this time. In the hallway, she overheard a conversation between two students about a park named Lakewood Garden. Leona knew the city like the back of her hand, because she grew up there. But she couldn’t remember ever visiting that park and decided to pay a visit in the weekend. She needed a change. Maybe Lakewood Garden could provide the inspiration she was searching for.

When entering Lakewood Garden on a nice Saturday afternoon, Leona didn’t understand why she never heard of this place before. It was a small park, tranquil, with a pond filled with lilies, a bridge over the water and a few benches under the giant trees, providing enough shade for when it was hot outside. It was simply beautiful. Leona immediately felt inspired. She chose a bench next to one of the trees, with view over the pond and bridge. She grabbed her bloc note and started writing.

1rzyp5.jpg

Eric
    After a few years on campus, where he studies architecture, Eric still wasn’t used to living in the city. He missed the countryside, the beautiful landscapes and the fishing trips he used to go on with his grandfather. Usually he only fished for a bit, and soon he would go explore the surroundings. It was actually the reason why he would go in the first place. Eric loved finding little treasures, like shiny rocks, bugs and seeds.

To escape the hustle and bustle of the city, Eric would go to Lakewood Garden, a little park in the outskirts of the city, a few times a week. He found peace there, and occasionally a new rock or some other curiosities. On a Saturday in Spring, Eric entered the park for the third time that week. Usually there weren’t many people there. The few people he did saw were regulars who just went for a walk or were fishing in the pond. On his way to his favorite spot, a bench with view over the pond, he noticed something unusual. A girl, writing in her bloc note, was sitting on “his” bench. She was very focused and didn’t seem to notice anything happening around here. Eric decided to approach her. He thought it was special that someone else chose the same spot as he always did. No one but him ever sat there.

ke6jpv.jpg

Leona
    Leona was in the middle of her story when a guy approached her. He introduced himself as Eric and told her about the bench she was sitting on. She agreed that this was a beautiful spot in the park. Eric asked if he could join her. Leona could use a break and some company during that break was nice. They started talking. Before they knew it, hours had gone by and it was getting dark.

When it was time to go home, Eric asked Leona if she would like to meet him again on the same spot in the park. She didn’t have to think about that and immediately said yes.

111t941.jpg

Weeks passed and Eric and Leona kept meeting each other in Lakewood Garden. They talked for hours, while sitting on the same bench or walking around the pond. Eric even learned Leona how to fish. And Leona told Eric about the stories she wrote and her dream of becoming a professional writer. What began as meeting once a week, soon became as often as possible. Eric and Leona fell madly in love. And Lakewood Garden was where it all began.

Downloads:
    Lakewood Garden

194f13.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Chapter 2: Building a Future / Copper Stone Contemporary
    After finishing college, Leona and Eric wanted to move in together. But they didn’t have enough money for their own house yet. So they went back home to their parents, where they tried to save as much money as they could and dreamt of the day they could finally move in together. In the meantime, they continued to meet each other in Lakewood Garden, which became their special place.

2wdaxww.jpg

Leona applied for a job at a local newspaper. She saw this as an opportunity to practice her writing skills even more and to get to know people that could help her publish her own books one day. She worked hard and made long hours. After work she would meet Eric or go to the library to work on her first book.

xmk395.jpg

Eric began working at an architecture firm. In his free time, he was designing a dream house for Leona and him. Eric and Leona already chose a beautiful spot in the outskirts of the city, surrounded by the forest and close to a lake. A calm place to relax after work and to work on fulfilling their dreams. A quiet and inspiring place where Leona could write her books and where Eric would have room for the fruit and vegetable garden he always dreamed of.

2cysjf9.jpg

A year went by. They saved enough money to buy the lot where they wanted to build their home. Soon, construction on their house started. Eric and Leona didn’t want to live apart any longer and decided to rent a little house in the neighborhood. It was shabby, but they were happy. And each day that passed, was a step closer to living in their new home.

Eric, being very handy, did a lot of the work himself. Friends and family helped as well. It didn’t take long before the house was ready to be lived in. There was still enough work to be done, but leaving their shabby rental and moving in to their own house was a big step forward. After a few months, construction on “Copper Stone Comtemporary” was finished and Eric and Leona’s dream home was ready.

2dmhv1e.jpg

wbw9i9.jpg

whckgl.jpg

xf7mtl.jpg

2itkmyt.jpg

wl9gk.jpg

Downloads:
    Copper Stone Contemporary

Copper Stone Contemporary was built in Hidden Springs. It's a modern family home. The first floor has a big open living and kitchen area, a bathroom and an office for Leona to write her books. The second floor contains Eric and Leona's bedroom, which also provides access to a balcony with a little seating area and planters with herbs. There are also two little bedrooms and a nursery for future children, a bathroom and laundry room on this floor. On the third floor is an art room for Eric where he can design houses, but can also do other creative activities such as sculpting and painting. The studio leads to a roofed balcony, which again has some planters, but this time with fruit. In the backyard is the fruit and vegetable garden Eric always dreamed of. It also offers a patio with barbecue and enough room for future children to play.

I chose lots of natural materials and colors for this house because I thought it really suited Eric and Leona's story (I will tell you more about them in another chapter of their story). The inside has a lot of different shades of blue, because well, you said you love that color (I do too!) and also some red and beige :wink: Anyway, I hope you like this house I made for you. Enjoy!
    edited November 2016
    Chapter 3: Leap of Faith / Tall Teal Greenhouse
    Another year passed. Leona wrote lots of articles for newspapers and magazines. But they always revolved around a particular subject they wanted her to write about. People seemed to like her stories though, as she always received positive reactions. So with some encouragement from Eric, Leona finally decided to quit her job and started focusing on writing her own stories.

Leona had worked on her first novel for a few years. But it wasn’t until she quit her job that she could really focus on it. After a few months she was ready to publish her first book. Leona was lucky to find a publisher very quickly. Her first book was a modest hit. Soon a second one followed, which also sold quite well.

2i1p0rt.jpg

In the meantime, Eric still worked as an architect. But after doing this for a few years, he realized that designing houses wasn’t something he wanted to do for the rest of his life. He loved working on Copper Stone Contemporary, but that was because it was his and Leona’s own home. It was their future, their dream. He didn’t get the same feeling when he designed houses for other people.

So he took a leap of faith and also quit his job. Eric always felt close to nature. In his desire to live more eco-friendly, he became a vegetarian years ago (he also owns a bike instead of a car). Leona joined him later on (and owns a bike too). Together they grow their own fruit and vegetables in their garden.

2vmwl02.jpg

o7niu8.jpg

After quitting his job, Eric took some time to think about what he wanted to do with his life. Eventually he decided on a combination of a few things he loves. He began growing more fruit and vegetables, which he sold to a local store, friends and neighbors. And with the knowledge he gained during his time working as an architect, he began designing gardens. He made some wonderful creations and taught people how to take care of their garden. He also gave them advice on how to grow their own vegetables and fruit. Eric was very happy. And Leona was very glad that Eric found something he really loved doing.

Eric also found joy in art. In his art studio on the third floor of Copper Stone Contemporary, he began making sculptures. He sold the sculptures or put them in some of the gardens he designed.

se9jl1.jpg

Eric also joined forces with one of his friends (an architect) for a special project. Together they designed and built Tall Teal Greenhouse: a beautiful greenhouse for the people in town. A place where families can come together to share their love for nature, to learn about growing fruit and vegetables and to make delicious food with fresh ingredients. But also a place to hang out together, play games and work on some skills. Of course, Eric and Leona were very frequent visitors. They dedicated a lot of time to making Tall Teal Greenhouse a success.

Outside
    14mw19l.jpg

8vrfyf.jpg]

ehc9j7.jpg

2jcsmbk.jpg

2hrcrb4.jpg

Top view
    8xvpj8.jpg

Indoor garden
    2jaewk3.jpg

Main floor
    13ymr8w.jpg

1z1g2zr.jpg

Second floor
    167oz13.jpg

Third floor
    bgcrk3.jpg

Downloads:
    Tall Teal Greenhouse

I felt the story of Eric and Leona needed something extra. That’s why I created Tall Teal Greenhouse for you. I thought it would be a wonderful place for them to hang out, be close to nature and teach others about it… maybe even their children one day?

Tall Teal Greenhouse is a place where families, friends and neighbors can come together. It houses a large indoor garden with plenty of fruits, vegetables and herbs. On the main floor is a corner where people can bake and make marmalades with fresh ingredients, a small kitchen, a corner for children to play and enjoy themselves, as well as two bathrooms. In the library on the second floor, people can read books and work on their painting and sketching skills. The top floor provides a beautiful view over the surroundings. In the garden outside I put lots of things for Sims to explore, including beehives, fruit trees, chickens, a playground for children and some games and skill items. Have fun!
    edited November 2016
    Chapter 4: A Happy Family / The May Family
    As time passed, Eric and Leona still frequently visited Lakewood Garden for a walk or a pick nick. Eric would go fishing or exploring. Leona would sit somewhere, usually reading a book or sometimes writing stories. They had lots of fun and were very happy together.

Exactly 5 years after Eric and Leona met, they visited Lakewood Garden again. But this time, Eric had a big surprise for Leona. After a nice afternoon in the park, the sun was setting. Eric and Leona walked towards the bridge over the pond with lilies. Here, Eric asked Leona to marry him. A yes from Leona immediately followed!

33y2ids.jpg

zvqwpj.jpg

Eric and Leona didn’t want to wait and after a few weeks they married in Lakewood Garden, the place where their story began. It was a small and intimate ceremony with just the two of them. They didn’t need anything else but their love for each other.

hvqxrm.jpg

A few months after their wedding, it was Leona’s time to surprise Eric. She was pregnant! Eric was over the moon with this news. Ever since they fell in love, they dreamt of starting a family together. Eric and Leona felt really blessed that they were about to become parents.

353e3jc.jpg

Leona had a smooth pregnancy. She kept writing and her list with new ideas for stories grew bigger and bigger. She even started working on a children’s book, which she was hoping to read to her own little boy or girl one day. Leona’s due date came closer very quickly and before they knew it, they were about to be welcoming their first child.

One night, when Eric was working in his art studio and Leona was reading a book on the balcony, Leona came rushing in, telling Eric the baby was coming and they needed to go to the hospital. Soon after, their sweet baby girl Lily was born. They named her after the beautiful lilies that grew in Lakewood Garden.

2z6t8uu.jpg

Eric and Leona enjoyed every second with their daughter. Leona loved to tell her stories. She even did that when Lily was still in her mother’s belly. And Eric loved hugging and playing with Lily whenever he could.

66mbuf.jpg

Time flew and soon it was Lily’s birthday, which they celebrated in the backyard of their home. They were a happy family together and still had lots of dreams for the future. They hoped all the best for their daughter and maybe one day a little brother or sister for her...

z1fgx.jpg

Downloads:
    The May Family
    The May Family + Copper Stone Contemporary
    Eric and Leona: a fresh start

So, this is where the story of Eric and Leona ends. It up to you to see how their story will continue. Will Lily get a little brother or sister? And what will she become in life? Is she going to write books like her mother, or will she spend her time mostly outside, close to nature like her father? Whatever happens, I hope you will have lots of fun playing them!

As you can see, I uploaded 3 downloads for you. The May Family without their house and the version of them with Copper Stone Contemporary. The house in that version was improved a little over time. I added ceiling tiles on the roof of the balcony and porch (I noticed I forgot them in the version I uploaded earlier…) and I added sprinklers in the fruit and vegetable garden, which were improved by Eric so they water the plants automatically.

I also uploaded a version of just Eric and Leona (unskilled), in case you want to start with a clean slate. While playing them, they skilled up faster than I anticipated. I was having way too much fun lol :wink: So if you feel like having a fresh start, here’s your chance to do that.

The last thing I want to say is that it made me very happy to work on this story and gifts for you :kissing_heart: I hope you will have just as much fun playing with the gifts as I had creating them.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Awesome. AWEsome. AWESOME! I love, Love, LOVE stories! And what a very beautiful park! I love the story, the sims, and the park. Oh how exciting! Thank you!!!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Leona and Eric seem to have fallen under the magical spell that surrounds the beautiful Lakewood Garden! Lovely story, couple and park that begin a wonderful new game :)
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Really pretty park! :) Cute story and sims as well. :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What a pretty park! With a bridge! Need it for my own games. :)
    edited November 2016
    It's awesome! So very pretty with all the natural wood and pops of color. I love all the juts in and out of the house and all the fruit and veggies. I'm glad they have lots of room for the children they'll have soon. I love that you made an art studio on top and I'll have so much fun playing this house. :mrgreen: Thank you so much! I can't believe you still have more story for me. I have a big smile and can't wait to download and play.
    edited November 2016
    ciane wrote: »
    Awesome. AWEsome. AWESOME! I love, Love, LOVE stories! And what a very beautiful park! I love the story, the sims, and the park. Oh how exciting! Thank you!!!

Thank you for the sweet comment :blush: I'm so glad you like it! When I read your letter I immediately had some bits and pieces of a story in mind, all based on things I read you like. The gifts kind of created themselves when I was writing it. And there is still more to come :wink:
    ciane wrote: »
    It's awesome! So very pretty with all the natural wood and pops of color. I love all the juts in and out of the house and all the fruit and veggies. I'm glad they have lots of room for the children they'll have soon. I love that you made an art studio on top and I'll have so much fun playing this house. :mrgreen: Thank you so much! I can't believe you still have more story for me. I have a big smile and can't wait to download and play.

Yay! That makes me very happy :mrgreen: Hopefully you'll have lots of fun with it as I put in plenty of things for you to explore :smile: Oh and I wish I had an art studio and garden like that lol. Would be so awesome!
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Leona and Eric seem to have fallen under the magical spell that surrounds the beautiful Lakewood Garden! Lovely story, couple and park that begin a wonderful new game :)
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Really pretty park! :) Cute story and sims as well. :)
    What a pretty park! With a bridge! Need it for my own games. :)

Thank you for the sweet comments @ADWilson, @tanubanue and @MiaSkywalker :blush: It seems love is in the air when you visit this park :wink:
    Copper Stone Contemporary is the perfect name for this pretty house! <3 the use of natural woods and simple, clean lines throughout... no routing nightmares (obviously!) and plenty of room for a growing family. The fruits and veggies arranged as they are make for a well-loved, eye-catching garden which should be easy to care for. Gotta love that!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Martje89 - I love that you've created a story for Eric and Leona - can't wait to see it continued. Lakewood Garden and Copper Stone Contemporary are STUNNING! Rec-a-roos for you! <3
    Oh, that nice wooden home - how pretty! It's so open and airy, just right for a small Sim family.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    So many good stories in this exchange. I like Eric and Leona a lot and I absolutely love Copper Stone Contemporary, it's gorgeous!
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Nice story about Eric and Leona.
    Beautiful park (with nice bridge!) and also Copper Stone Contemporary looks beautiful! I love how you did the garden with different areas for gardening and playing.
    I love your greenhouse! I really love builds that use the greenhouse pieces, whether they're being used in greenhouses or other things. They're just fun! But you definitely have to plan your build around the pieces, because of their specific sizes. It makes it a bit tricky, doesn't it?

You did a great job with this, with the layout and landscaping and colors. Definitely snagging it for some of my own games. :)
    <3 the continuation of the story as Leona and Eric each took the leap of faith and found their passions! Writing and gardening are enjoyable things for sims to do. The community greenhouse is gorgeous... and multi-functional... sims will come from all over to enjoy the bounty that can be found here :)
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    The Teal Greenhouse is a gorgeous build. I have a pretty outdated greenhouse for my game so I think it's time I added some teal ;)
    I LOVE the greenhouse! And that is much more than a greenhouse! It is so very perfect. I can see me putting this into all my worlds with just little variations from world to world. Thank you so, so much for this! I can tell you put so much time and thought into all my gifts. You are awesome. I am so very happy to have you as a friend.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    <3 it love it luuuuuuuurve it! What a beautiful way to end Eric and Leona's story. It makes it easy for someone to pick up and start where they left off! And Tall Teal Greenhouse *le swoon* - it's stunning! You've done a beautiful job and I've got you all rec'd!
    Awww... what a sweet ending to their story! Well, beginning, anyway; I'm sure they will be continued in many of our games. :)
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Love Eric and Leona, they're very cute together! Lakewood Garden is a beautiful little garden, and such a great sized lot to place it on...it will fit in well in a lot of places! Really like all the wood you used in the Copper Stone Contemporary! It's perfect for Hidden Springs! The Greenhouse is great too! I love the greenhouse pieces, and I always love seeing builds that use them. Love how you included the kid play area and the baking and canning stations. So much to do there!
    What a wonderful ending to your part as storyteller! But this is far from the end for Leona, Eric and cute Lily. Their story will be told in countless ways by ciane (and us!). <3 the variations offered to further extend one's game... whether starting them off as a new couple or continuing to expand their current family.