Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why did my game up date today?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
Before you say something about The Sims 4 update, yes I know about that and what was involved with it. But it is the Sims Medieval games had update along with my Sims 4 game that had also updated. Any ideas on why that game updated as well?

Comments

• Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    I noticed this too. Very unexpected!

@SimGuruDrake - Might we get some patch notes/details?
  • GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    Both my Sims 4 and Medieval are still in queue for updating. I've been looking for info on how long this might take. I might go into Sims withdrawl.
  • TenThousandStarsTenThousandStars Posts: 10 New Member
    @Gramcrackers - if both the games are stuck in the queue but not updating, quit Origin and restart it. That should make them start updating or at least that's what fixed it for me. Hope this helps, I also want to know what was updated!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    That was what I had to do, it got stuck into the queue to update, exit out of Origin and restarted it.
  • The_PlumbotThe_Plumbot Posts: 34 Member
    So no patch notes or anything? Has anyone noticed anything new or something that has changed? (I don't really play medieval, but this could be the kick in the but I need to get back into it)
  • archedmaidarchedmaid Posts: 1 New Member
    It sits in origin as one product now, is one difference.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited November 2016
    I got the update too and found this on the web: http://simscommunity.info/2016/11/16/the-sims-medieval-gets-a-new-update/
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you @berginon for the link.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I did notice that my "Pirates and Nobles" had disappeared from view so does that mean that both are incorporated into one? It is labelled special edition
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks @berginon!
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I did notice that my "Pirates and Nobles" had disappeared from view so does that mean that both are incorporated into one? It is labelled special edition

Pirates and Nobles is now under the main game on Origin. Same as TS3 expansions and stuff packs.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    For those of you who wanted to know, people who now purchase the game were having a problem with the game telling them they had to "authorize" the copy of the game they had just bought from Origin and the game wouldn't start at all. This new update allows them to now purchase the game, bypass the Launcher and play. However, like Sims 4 you need to be connected to the internet to start the game.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    I hope they fixed some quest bugs. I really love the game, but I always de-install it as soon as I can't continue my quest because of those silly bugs. I never found out how I ever should be able to finish all the content, if I get stuck with bugs.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    XxIesjuh wrote: »
    I hope they fixed some quest bugs. I really love the game, but I always de-install it as soon as I can't continue my quest because of those silly bugs. I never found out how I ever should be able to finish all the content, if I get stuck with bugs.

Sometimes, if you get stuck (bugs or not) it can help saving the game, move out on starting page and move back in again.
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    @Simsister2004 Thanks for the tip! I might try that in the future. Perhaps I will re-install the game this week.