Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The secret is out... Fleshjenn!

ยซ1
cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hey @fleshjenn! Are you surprised that I'm your secret gifter? I was really happy to see your name. I love creating fun and colorful ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ wagons! I'm not as great at creating Sims and I found trying to create the colorful ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ clothing too much of a challenge. I do "subtle" so much better!

When I make Sims, I randomize three times. I pick the parts I like best and allow myself to change three things. I follow the same method with names and traits. Randomize three times and pick what you like best (or at least part of it). BUT... IF something comes up twice, I have to keep it. That's my rules for myself. (Roll the huge nose twice? It must be kept, but it can be tweaked.)

So, Dominic rolled both adventurous and daredevil twice out of the three rolls. Those traits I had to keep, but the other three could be my favorites of all the other traits that were rolled randomly. Does that make sense? Maybe not, but it's my way. So, this led to my choosing the international super spy as his lifetime wish. I think it's something an adventurous daredevil would enjoy.

Patrice isn't a name I would have thought up on my own, so the random name option keeps me from overusing favorite names. With only three choices, and some of them really off the wall, I do allow myself to use variations. So, I could have chosen Patty or Tricia or even Ricci. You see? Yet, I liked Patrice for her, and since she wanted to be a scientist, it fit!

Using the random rolling method keeps me from making "perfect" stale Sims. But, I still get to shape them into a vision I have, or one that may develop as I create them. For instance, you love gardening Sims; so, one of the Sims should have a green thumb (Patrice) or love the outdoors (Dominic), but not one has all the beneficial traits you might like together because they didn't appear as choices during the three rolls. Your choice of favorite traits influenced which of the random traits I decided to keep and helped shaped the Sims as well.

You love anything ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ related, so I wanted a fortune teller Sim living in a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ camp. BUT... Patrice wanted a job in science (because of her gardening trait) and Dominic wouldn't find that job adventurous enough. I could, however, have the caretaker of the grandmother's home live at a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ camp. And I could have the fortune telling wagon parked there. Thus, my story took a twist from the very beginning.

Sims can't technically live on commercial lots though they can eat and sleep and hang out there all the time. So, after moving in Patrice and Roxanne, I "merged" in Dominic. This added money to upgrade the starter and gave Dominic a residential lot, even though he does not "live" there. (When saving lots and families, I evicted Dominic to save just Patrice and Roxanne as a family. They, of course, kept his money. When "merging" Dominic back in from the bin, they ended up with his starting money added once again. So, you have some spending money after all my upgrades.)

That's the technical background. Now, for the story...

https://iamciane.wordpress.com/stories/a-gypsys-tale/

And your first upload: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009738

roof_up_original.jpg

lht_original.jpg

This is the way the starter might have looked like when they originally moved in (I say, might have, because I tweaked it):
l4wd_original.jpg

If you want it as a starter, upload it here:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009864

And...

This is the way the family first looked in my game before I limited the SPs and EPs. So, maybe someone wants them that way.
original.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009874

Post edited by ciane on

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    The ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ's tale continued here with the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ encampment.

There are two versions. One for those with all-in-one bathrooms:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009940

And, one for those without it:
    l2wd_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009939

I really love playing my sims full-time on community lots. Having Dom merged with the Duffy family, but "living" here was great for me. I hope you enjoy the lot.
    Post edited by ciane on
    edited November 2016
    Your last gift is found in pictures and info here:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/stories/a-gypsys-tale/twice-as-nice-sugar-and-spice/

It's always interesting to see how twins differ from each other. In this case, Mariah loves gardening while Kaitlin would rather be on the computer, though she does love the outdoors too. Mariah's athletic skill and ambition lead to a desire to be a super star athlete. Kaitlin's athletic skill helps her out in a far different, lower profile profession where her ability to schmooze helps her win friends and earn promotions. I hope you enjoy playing with the twins I've dubbed Sugar and Spice.

original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009941

Their home was designed with twins in mind. This is the family home where they grew up:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009942

Well, not exactly... They actually grew up in this house titled Twice as Nice:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9009943

But it received a make-over to remove anything from EPs and SPs that you didn't have installed. More pics are here.

Post edited by ciane on
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Wow, that's a very interesting way you have of naming Sims! When you say the name is random, do you use something like random.org to select them? Or something different?
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thanks for sharing how you name your sims, such a clever way to get new names into the mix! The house has happy curb appeal with all those hydrangea bushes and it's easy to see the happy mood continuing while inside, too. As always, it's a lot of fun reading your stories.

3 sims + house + story = a wonderful place to start when playing this gift!!!
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Cute story so far Ciane and I really like the sims. (You are good at making them :) ) The house is really cute as well. Looking forward to more of their story.
    Wow, that's a very interesting way you have of naming Sims! When you say the name is random, do you use something like random.org to select them? Or something different?

I like this one when I'm trying for ethnically correct names, but I'll use the in-game one too.

http://www.behindthename.com/random/
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Nice story so far!
    I like your strategy for creating Sims. I do that too, sometimes I cheat. If my sim keeps getting the evil trait and I really really really don't want that for example :p .
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I like your explanation about the random sim names. I can never think of good names and sort of do the same thing (you know great minds think alike :p )
    I saw some nice little decorating ideas in the Hydrangea House, I love the vase with the bamboo idea! Your sims came out great and the story is fun to read.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Beautiful home and Simmies @ciane - got you rec'd!
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    That is a fantastic house and a very adorable family you made, ciane <3. Love, love, love them!
    Much rec from here!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    I love the idea for randomizing names and traits. I will have to adopt it in my own game play. because as you mentioned using the same traits over and over can make for bland gameplay.
    the house looks cute.
    just heading over now to check out your story. I am really excited to read it!
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    The sims look great, but the house . . .so adorable!
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    What a cute house! And Duffy and Vela looks like nice sims to play :) rec'd
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Oh my! You are such a great builder and decorator! I love your stories, Ciane! As I told tanu, I admire the stories you tell, because that sort of thing doesn't come to me as I play. I really should TRY. It might help me get back into writing fiction again.

I especially love the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ wagon. It's so cute and cozy, and the fact that your Sim can live in it without owning it, what a neat idea! That way your Sim doesn't have to pay taxes, either. ;) The only problem with it that I can see would be neighbors barging in on you at all hours, and using the things you think of as "yours".

But... how did you get the wheel effect? I've TRIED to do something like that, but couldn't find anything that works. What did you use, and did you have to MOO it or Alt it?
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    The ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Wagon is great; so nice and colorful!

The twins look interesting; some fun traits and personality :smile: And I love their home! Very nice family house :smile:

Rec'd :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    What a lovely, lively, colorful but not clutter-ful ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Wagon! Offering two variations for those with different bathroom needs/preferences is a nice idea.

Gotta <3 more choices with the twins... live in house 1? Live in house 2, which is mostly similar to house 1? Own both and spend time in each? Have the twins live separately, but next to one another AND try one's hand at rotational play? Decisions, decisions.

All of your gifts are wonderful and offer many variations to play! @fleshjenn (and others!) will have many happy hours of playing ahead. Thanks :)
    edited November 2016
    Oh my! You are such a great builder and decorator! I love your stories, Ciane! As I told tanu, I admire the stories you tell, because that sort of thing doesn't come to me as I play. I really should TRY. It might help me get back into writing fiction again.

@MiaSkywalker - I especially love the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ wagon. It's so cute and cozy, and the fact that your Sim can live in it without owning it, what a neat idea! That way your Sim doesn't have to pay taxes, either. ;) The only problem with it that I can see would be neighbors barging in on you at all hours, and using the things you think of as "yours".

But... how did you get the wheel effect? I've TRIED to do something like that, but couldn't find anything that works. What did you use, and did you have to MOO it or Alt it?

I have the lot set to "no visitors allowed" which works unless you have pesky paparazzi. That is the reason that the stereo is only in the garden and that there is no television. Dom was woken up one night in playtesting and then I editted the lot.

I used a pattern on the foundation that I hope looks somewhat effective for anyone who doesn't have that wagon wheel bench. I love that bench with the wheel back. I don't remember what it came with. I'll look later in game. I don't remember if I MOO'd or Alt'd the bench a bit closer. I may have. I usually tweak things to get the look I want.

And, the Sim would still have to pay taxes on their residential lot, but merging him with another family and playing both gives the illusion of no taxes for him.
    What a lovely, lively, colorful but not clutter-ful ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Wagon! Offering two variations for those with different bathroom needs/preferences is a nice idea.

Gotta <3 more choices with the twins... live in house 1? Live in house 2, which is mostly similar to house 1? Own both and spend time in each? Have the twins live separately, but next to one another AND try one's hand at rotational play? Decisions, decisions.

All of your gifts are wonderful and offer many variations to play! @fleshjenn (and others!) will have many happy hours of playing ahead. Thanks :)

@ADWilson - I didn't think about having on sim live in one house while the other sim lives in the other. You know, an apartment of two brownstones together on one lot would be a great idea. I'll have to try that next!
    Thank you to everyone for all your lovely comments!
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Very awesome gifts!! Love the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ encampment and the colors used in it and the home for the twins. Very well done!
    Love both versions of the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Encampment :) Mariah and Kaitlyn are great sisters and twins! I love that you redid the house with them in mind as well! My game is really bursting and I love it! lol

I especially love the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ wagon. It's so cute and cozy, and the fact that your Sim can live in it without owning it, what a neat idea! That way your Sim doesn't have to pay taxes, either. ;) The only problem with it that I can see would be neighbors barging in on you at all hours, and using the things you think of as "yours".

Yes you should try! I bet you'd be great at it! :)
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    @ciane thank you again. my internet was a bit steadier tonight so I was able to go and read your backstory. I am really excited to put the Duffy family in game and see how I can progress their story line.
    I love the bright bold colors on the gyspy camp. I think the design was spot on as to how I imagine wagon living.
    And I can see we both like twins! lol I made a male set as one of my gifts. maybe they should all hang out together huh?
    @fleshjenn - Yes! I do think they should all hang out together! :mrgreen:
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @ciane - Wow! Such amazing gifts! I've got them all rec'd! Love Mariah n Kaitlin and what a beautiful, beautiful home - love Twice the Nice!