Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get rid of bad oder?

My sims are getting dazed + 3 moodlet for a bad oder but I can't figure out how to stop it. Is it possible?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,562 Member
    My goodness. XD I've never heard of this. Are your sims living in a TLC apartment or something?

Also, try hovering over the moodlet and see what is causing it (the words will be in brackets in blue). For starters, you can try to check the rubbish chute and see if it's working well cuz I know it can break? I think?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    Yeah, its the TLC trait, I found one patch of pee but the smell is still about!
    edited November 2016
    Keffers wrote: »
    Yeah, its the TLC trait, I found one patch of pee but the smell is still about!

Have you tired checking the chute like I said? And maybe save and exit your game and come back and see if the moodlet goes away. Could be a glitch or something. But I am not 100% since I don't play in the TLC apartments; I hope someone else who does will be able to help you out.
    832XG3D.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello
    Try seeing if there is anything where the vents are on the floor , and if there is, try mopping it up and see if that helps.
  • BeachBirdieBeachBirdie Posts: 48 Member
    Did you check your inventory? Long shot, but my Sim was unhappy once because she had a bunch of trash in her inventory.. now WHY she had it there, I don't know lol
    Hey, thanks for all your suggestions. A combination of the pee, trash in her inventory were causing the problems.
    Good to know you found the culprits! LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
  • BeachBirdieBeachBirdie Posts: 48 Member
    Dat inventory trash lol.. it got me too
  • MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    In my apartment with the TLC trait, there was always one spot in the carpet with a green smell coming off the floor, but not from any vents.
    That made the sims getting dazed.
    I needed to clean it up for it to stop
    My problem is that they always spawn where i have furniture so I have to move everything each time. Very annoying.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    My problem is that they always spawn where i have furniture so I have to move everything each time. Very annoying.
    I used a Mod to take care of the issue by removing those objects. If you're not opposed to using mods, then see my thread linked.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/904254/will-the-rats-roaches-and-leaking-pipes-ever-stop-resolved-w-mod-updated-orig-post/p1

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • ShevariShevari Posts: 27 Member
    When living in some apartments (the ones with the TLC trait) sometimes the drain pipes protruding from a wall might leak causing an awful smell. I hovered with the mouse around the pipes and found the spot where I could click and command my sim to attempt a repair or call the landlord.
  • MysticWind65MysticWind65 Posts: 3 New Member
    the smell in the TLC apartment in the spice market comes from the floor grate near the front door every now and then a green goo comes up on the floor you can mop up but the smell seems to stay and you keep the Goo gross out moodlett. maybe a game glitch that might need fixing.
  • Solei_25Solei_25 Posts: 2 New Member
    There’s a Ofer coming from off the floor in my sims bedroom and I don’t know how to get rid of it, the trash shoot doesn’t say anything, and she gets the moodlet tense- and it says unsettling smell ,
  • Solei_25Solei_25 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Solei_25;c-17635201"]There’s a Ofer coming from off the floor in my sims bedroom and I don’t know how to get rid of it, the trash shoot doesn’t say anything, and she gets the moodlet tense- and it says unsettling smell ,[/quote]

I actually just had to call the landlord
  • Jackdoo05Jackdoo05 Posts: 1 New Member
    You can get rid of the smell if you build a room around it so just build a 1x2 room around it and it goes, I know that’s annoying but you can make it look nice just have to do some work

It’s the only way I’ve found to stop It