Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Addicted To Sims 2

SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
Sims 2 is like my favorite! Oddly it used to be Sims 3, but the more I play TS2 the more I love it! I have tried to get into TS4 but I just can't get into it like I can TS2. Now I just wish TS2 had horses! :P

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited November 2016
    SimChickee wrote: »
    Sims 2 is like my favorite! Oddly it used to be Sims 3, but the more I play TS2 the more I love it! I have tried to get into TS4 but I just can't get into it like I can TS2. Now I just wish TS2 had horses! :P

If you don't mind CC, there are definitely horses and poseboxes for gorgeous TS2 photos. In my hood my boarding school has stables.

cv2014%20-%20wealth%20has%20its%20privileges%2002.png

Here are some links to get you started:
    http://modthesims.info/d/265537
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=257255

http://thatscarychick.com/?p=191
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member

If you don't mind CC, there are definitely horses and poseboxes for gorgeous TS2 photos. In my hood my boarding school has stables.

Do the horses move or are they just for looks? Thanks!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I LOVE the sims 2. I really like all the versions but th sims 2 will always be my favourite:)

Do the horses move or are they just for looks? Thanks!

I linked the mod above for the rideable horses. The animation isn't going to be TS3 level of course, but you get your moving horses :joy: For the more natural motions, that's done with poseboxes and it's solely for picture takers (or memory making in your sims photo albums).

Happy simming!
    edited November 2016
    @nanashi-sims Thank you!
    @MidnightAura same here! :D I'm playing it now hehe.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Been playing Sims 2 for now...*looks at clock* 6 hours and loving every minute!
    I thouht Sims 3 was good but ive been converted!
    Just dont understand it they were on a winning formula with sims 2 and 3...what happened?
    Ah well back to simming
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    Just dont understand it they were on a winning formula with sims 2 and 3...what happened?
    Ah well back to simming

Glad you're liking it! :D
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Ah well back to simming

Yes, they were. Sims 2 is great. As to what happened? I think most of us are still trying to figure that out.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Ah well back to simming

Welcome to the club! As to what happened.....greed :|
  • Persefone123Persefone123 Posts: 111 Member

The more you play The Sims 2, the more you see how much depth, detail and gameplay it has. I also love The Sims 3 and the beautiful open world but I understand how someone can get addicted to The Sims 2.

Actually I think I am addicted too, since last week I've read someone talking about how they lost their Mansion and Garden so I immediately felt a little bit of anxiety and searched for a used Mansion and Gardens disk here in my country. Fortunately I found one (the Last one) in the biggest online retailer here, for a very affordable price. So now I have all the collection plus two Mansion and Gardens. I know, greedy. But I see myself playing this game and The Sims 3 for a long time, maybe till The Sims 5.
    edited November 2016
    I know, greedy. But I see myself playing this game and The Sims 3 for a long time, maybe till The Sims 5.

Hear! Hear! I just hope TS5 will be like TS2 with an open or partially open world (e.g., similar to TS4) with all the amazing content that TS3 had :smiley:
    @Persefone123 - Not greedy at all :) I hope TS5 is a lot like 2 and 3 for sure. I have been a fan since the first Sims and I really want to see this game series continue on forever hehe. :P

@nanashi-sims - Me too! I don't mind having a semi open world as long as it's like TS2 and TS3
    edited November 2016
    The formula to me just seems all out of alignment
    You would think that Sims 2+Sims 3 = Sims 4 but instead its more like Sims 3 + Sims 4 = Sims 2

Anyways don't mean to stir the pot
    Loving the depth! Just discovered plants you us to decorate your gardens actually need trimming from time to time and wild weeds grow everywhere!!!
    I love this game!!!!!!
    Now i just need mod to slow the clock down like the relativity mod for Sims 3
    Seems there arent any sort of mods from my searches but no matter found a good one for individual ageing on and off as well as individual free will which makes life a lot easier....and more control for me
    *steeples fingers*
    Excellent
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Strangetown will always be my first love <3

Reminds me I need to find Castaway. Glad you're having a ton of fun! :yum:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd - My 3 favorites are; Pleasantview, Riverblossom Hills, and Belladonna Cove :) the current TS2 family I am playing now is in Belladonna Cove hehe.
    Is Belladonna Cove the place with the Bella Statue? I've never had that world.
    Is Belladonna Cove the place with the Bella Statue? I've never had that world.

Yuppers :D - Hey random question is your profile pic from American Psycho?
    Umm yeah :sweat_smile:

I was bored today & thought I'd play around with photoshop. :joy:

Vaporwave.png
    That's too funny :D
    I know, greedy. But I see myself playing this game and The Sims 3 for a long time, maybe till The Sims 5.

Hear! Hear! I just hope TS5 will be like TS2 with an open or partially open world (e.g., similar to TS4) with all the amazing content that TS3 had :smiley:

that would be... how can I put it?
    Perfect.

also: working wall cabinets. I'd like to see Sims storing their food in wall cabinets for a change. :)
    But at least in TS2 they will sometimes use the counter drawer while cooking (I noted this yesterday and found it super cute).

• UziUzi Posts: 61 Member
    I recently started playing The Sims 2 and now it's all I play! All the sim games have a different "feel".
    Sucker4Pain

that would be... how can I put it?
    Perfect.

also: working wall cabinets. I'd like to see Sims storing their food in wall cabinets for a change. :)
    But at least in TS2 they will sometimes use the counter drawer while cooking (I noted this yesterday and found it super cute).

Ive just noticed that as well! Didn't realise they actually use cupboards when cooking, so many little hidden gems
    I really must sleep....must stop playing sims 2......maybe one more hour.....
    edited November 2016
    [/quote]

Ive just noticed that as well! Didn't realise they actually use cupboards when cooking, so many little hidden gems
    I really must sleep....must stop playing sims 2......maybe one more hour.....[/quote]

:D

this sounded really familiar for me...

I haven't played The Sims 2 for years and after trying to enjoy The Sims 4 and giving up TS4 now I feel like a junkie for The Sims 2.
    I hope my obsession will get to normal levels like it is with TS3 though, this is not normal, heh. :cold_sweat:

You're right it isn't normal :joy: TS2 is unhealthily addictive... I've made excuses to cancel outings so that I could get a sim or two to whatever their next story point turned out to be.

That's why I can't play it when I'm busy because I know once I start... I'm not coming back up for air for at least a fortnight!

This is why I don't think I'm being unfair in my critique of the other Sims games. EA and Maxis got the formula right, so there is no reason outside of lack of talent or will that they can't get it right again :unamused:
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    You're right it isn't normal :joy: TS2 is unhealthily addictive... I've made excuses to cancel outings so that I could get a sim or two to whatever their next story point turned out to be.

That's why I can't play it when I'm busy because I know once I start... I'm not coming back up for air for at least a fortnight!

This is why I don't think I'm being unfair in my critique of the other Sims games. EA and Maxis got the formula right, so there is no reason outside of lack of talent or will that they can't get it right again :unamused:

I think you hit the nail on the head as to why TS4 is so lacking in comparison to TS2. It is NOT the same team that originally worked on it. Ergo, they don't have the talent/ability to make it what it was, and that is VERY sad. And EA doesn't seem to care so long as people continue to buy their products. As long as they show a profit, that's ALL they care about. Certainly NOT the consumer!