Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Myshuno Meadows Park -- Has Anyone Done A Redesign? Sims Don't Visit Park Now...

So, I spent an hour or two redesigning this park since it's a great space to have all the items that now won't fit into the small and even medium size apartments. The new problem is... nobody visits the park in addition to the Sim or Sims I send there now. I have noticed that our parks in general do not have many sims visit at a time. This is disappointing because parks are a great place to socialize and have some fun for our sims.

Now I have a huge park filled with water slides, foosball tables, workout equipment, several food booths, espresso bars, juice bars, basketball hoops, horseshoes, videogame machines and it looks like a ghost town. :/
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    sounds really interesting, have you shared it? i would download and give it try to see if sims turn up
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I haven't shared it yet but that's a good idea. I think I will upload it to the Gallery and then post back here what name to find it under. Thanks! :)

INFJ -A/-T
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I did the same thing, and no one came except my own sims and when we invited their clubs there. I don't know why no one else came. :'(
    Thank you for the feedback, feetinstockings. This may be something that the devs need to address in the 1st patch for City Living.

INFJ -A/-T
    Ah.. Just found this mod: modthesims.info/download.php?t=558764

Now I'm off to see if Myshuno Meadows will populate accordingly. :)

INFJ -A/-T
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I noticed that Myshuno Meadows is a new venue type -- I think it's Central Park or something. It doesn't have the same lot requirements that standard parks have -- you don't have to have chess tables or playground equipment -- but it also doesn't seem to attract other Sims, similar to the National Park or Generic lot type. I'm not sure if that's on purpose in order to have it as a wedding venue without being inundated by wedding crashers, but that could stand some tweaking. And yes, I've noticed in general that parks seem to be less populated than they used to be. I remember in Sims 3, one of the issues with venues was if you had too many different venues in a world, all of them would be less populated since Sims had more of a choice of where to go. That shouldn't be the case with Sims 4 the way it's structured.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I haven't done anything to Myshuno Meadows, but I've noticed that whenever I send my sims there, there's nobody else in the park itself, but plenty of sims in the greater area around the park (near the food stalls, the fishing area, the basketball court & playscape, etc). It may just be the way the park is designated?
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I'm having the same issue :( I sent my sim there yesterday and he literally was the only sim there.
  • LGBTincLGBTinc Posts: 41 Member
    I haven't even edited Myshuno Meadows but it's completely empty, sims won't go there. And trust me, I've stayed the for a while.

I believe it may be a bug that needs to be fixed.
    sims-baby.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    Just to let simmers know, there is a build challenge at the moment in Creative Corner, where simmers are redesigning the park.All simmers are very welcome to enter the challenge :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14204456/#Comment_14204456
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    I've only seen one or two Sims other than my own at the location and it worries me. If you look at the little place located in front of Myshuno Meadows, you'll see food booths and a basketball court, stuff for kids and there's always someone there but none of them enter the park. Has anyone asked a guru about it yet? It would be pathetic if the biggest lot in San Myshuno is abandoned because of some missing codes.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the same issue in my game - no visitors to the park other than the sims I send there. I suspect that it is because the lot is not actually a normal park, but a special-purpose venue, much like the generic lots, which don't attract visitors either (by the way, I have noticed the same thing with The Bluffs in Windenburg - there is never anyone else there).

There may be a reason for this - for example, to give your sims some exclusivity and privacy - but I don't like it. One thing I have not tried yet is to see whether it is possible to set Myshuno Meadows as a club meeting venue. If so, that might be one way (perhaps) of ensuring that it is populated.

ETA: For what it is worth, I too am finding lately that all my parks are underpopulated. I am lucky if there are two or three other sims there and I hardly ever see any children, which is really sad. It would be good if this could be drawn to the attention of the gurus.
    I have since used Zerbu's mod to change Myshuno Meadows from a "Special Venue" to a "Park" venue. Also using the mod by Arkeus17 on MTS which adds more sims to all the lots by 5X the usual amount. So now my new park often has at least 15 sims using it at one time... sometimes more when kids are there too.

Arkeus17 Mod: Project: More Sims In The World! -- found on Mod The Sims website.

Zerbu's Venue Mod is Here.

Good Luck to all those who enter the new Challenge! :)

INFJ -A/-T