Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 City Living Challenge - The Movin' On Up Challenge

2...Next

Comments

• senoracarmen0112senoracarmen0112 Posts: 6 New Member
    Does the lifespan have to be normal fr this challenge, or can it be long of infinite?
  • MysticLegacyMysticLegacy Posts: 97 Member
    Ooh that's a good question that I didn't think of. I suppose it doesn't really matter. You can choose normal and have it be a generational type challenge, or you can choose a longer/infinite lifespan and let the founder stick around longer. Up to you!
    Mystic

Wife of Pinstar & co-owner of The Sims Legacy Challenge website
    Origin ID - Pinstar1161 (shared with my husband)
    Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
  • Jemma_PizzazJemma_Pizzaz Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey guys I really wanted to play a Generation legacy challenge made for City Living and I couldn't really find one ... so I made one :D

It has 8 generations and you can only use the City Living clothing items (and just City Living objects if you want to try harder unless they are needed for aspiration e.g chess table or you can't get them e.g Pool (because who doesn't want a pool in an apartment))

I was inspired by this Challange the rules are the same but this version adds Generation challenges. If you have any questions just ask me :D

This is my first Legacy challenge and If you have any comments or notes/how to make the game better I can always change the gen (I will give credit to the person who had the idea).

Of cause sims is YOUR game if you don't want to follow the generations exactly as I set them out to be that's fine and if you don't move to the apartment you can always add extra generations, I haven't played this yet but please let me know how it goes :D I suggest a normal life span but you may change that if you wish - Have Fun ^.^

Gen 1: "I need to find my own place"
    This is your started sim, you can create one yourself or take one from the gallery - they must be a teenager.
    They must start of living in the apartment (1313 21 Chic Street - Fashion District) their money set to 0. They are allowed a teenager job.
    They must have the location Aspiration.
    You can pick the traits.
    They must be married before half way through young adult where they move out to (19 Culpepper House - Spice Market) after a week of marriage where they will have 1 child.

Gen 2: "I don't like change and I don't need anyone in life"
    Must have the Loner, Self-Assured and Unflirty traits.
    Moves to (17 Culpepper House - Spice Market) during Young Adult then moves to (2B Jasmine Suite - Spice Market) once an adult then adopts a child/toddler once an Elder and looses the Loner trait to another of your choosing.

Gen 3: "I want the biggest family possible"
    Keeps the same partner from Young Adult - Elder.
    Must have the Romantic and Family-Oriented trait.
    You have to have a Big Happy Family aspiration and so must your partner.
    Moves to (18 Culpepper House - Spice Market) once married and then after having 2 kids move to (920 Medina Studios - Arts Quarter) to have 2 more kids.

Gen 4: "I had wayyy to many siblings growing up"
    You can pick the traits and aspiration.
    Must have 1 child then move to (930 Medina Studios - Arts Quarter) has another then moves to (702 Zenview - Fashion District)

Gen 5: "Why did my parents take me away from my passion"
    Must be the oldest child.
    Must have the creative aspect as a child.
    Must have the painter aspect as a teenager to a Elder.
    Must have the creative and Art Lover traits.
    Must have the painter career.
    Moves to (122 Hakim House - Arts Quater) once a teenager then once marries moves to (1010 Alto Apartments - Uptown) and has children (you can move whenever you want and have as many kids as possible, I suggest twins for the next part because) at some point you must get a divorce where the sim goes back to 122 Hakim House and their partner stays in 1010 Alto Apartment. You can play whichever of those 2 sims you want but that sim must take at least 1 of the twins (this must be when that are still children and they may never speak to each other. (unless needed)

Gen 6: "I'm confused about my gender"
    You must marry someone who is the same gender as you (Sorry if you're homophobic you can just skip that part and marry whoever you want)
    Because the sim is gay/les you must adopt a child once you have moved into (Vill Landgrab - Uptown) and then adopt another child and move to (Fountainview Penthouse - Arts Quater) where (if you are the child of the painter sim) must try and decorate the walls with your own paintings OR (if you are the child of the other sim) try and reconnect with your long lost twin.

Gen 7: "I got picked as a child because my parents were considered weird"
    (this gen isn't trying to mock anyone I've just never played a legacy challenge where a gen was you have to marry the same gender so I thought it would be really interesting to add it in)
    As a child you and your sibling were mocked by a lot of children at your school (you can have 1/2 friends each) because of this you must have a bad trait (gloomy, Loner ext) each and they must be different.
    You are very close with your sibling and live together.
    Once both Young Adults you must move to (888 Spire Apartments - Uptown) where you later move to (Old Salt House - Spice Market)
    You cannot get married or if it is it is too a best friend you've have since you were a child (if you do get married you can't have sex or be flirty I suggest cas.fulleditmode and forcing the marriage) (if you wish to stay not married you can adopt a children same with if you get married - this is quite hard to explain if you have any question just ask)

Gen 8: "My relatives worked hard so I can live easy"
    This is the final Gen of the story and you must end up living in (Torendi Tower Penthouse - Fashion District) where you throw big parties all the time inviting friends and relatives and live life to the extream. You can choose how you want to live this generation and hay maybe it will lead into another legacy challenge???
  • EBearCatEBearCat Posts: 4 New Member
    Can we switch aspiration during the game? And can we use the aspiration rewards?
  • saltyllamasimmersaltyllamasimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    This looks great! I'm getting really bored with normal gameplay so I have been looking for more challenges, this is perfect.
  • chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    Hi. Thanks for creating this amazing challenge. It's a really fun way to explore the EP. I'm halfway through without breaking the rules. It even inspired me to write a story :smile:
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I might try this, but why would I take furniture with me on moving? Seems like it would be more challenging to start over with nothing every time you move.
  • PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    I started today. It's alot of fun.
    Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it :)
    Mystic

Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi everyone, I have started this challenge with a new blog site. Enjoy!
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/06/24/chapter-1-1-bright-lights-in-the-big-city/
    Awesome! I'll try to check it out later today! Hope you enjoy it!
    Mystic

Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    I've got another chapter up for your reading pleasure! Enjoy!
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/chapter-1-2-couch-surfing
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I really like the idea behind this challenge. Are we allowed to make structural changes to the apartments? I usually like to redo them because the flow as they have it seldom works for me.
  • MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 43 Member
    I think I'll do this challenge but with only one sim and a hell of a lot of youth potions XD
    @MizzTura Good luck! I'm very curious to hear how it goes!
    Mystic

Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
  • SBLoveSBLove Posts: 20 Member
    I know this is pretty late but I just got city living and I'm gonna try this challenge! :smile:
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    SBLove wrote: »
    I know this is pretty late but I just got city living and I'm gonna try this challenge! :smile:

How did it go? Did you like it?
    I think I'm going to try this. I love apartment life (both irl and in the Sims).
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Simsforever128Simsforever128 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is the sim allowed to get a job?
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    edited June 2021
    I just bought City Living and am giving this challenge a go. Using a teen sim from another save, Shanna moved into her first apartment on a Monday and it’s currently Saturday. She’s been painting like crazy, plus searching for seashells and other treasures in Sulani, which has greatly helped. She got a part time job but has only been once as she had Harvestfest, Winterfest and New Years on 3 consecutive days! She has only been to school once too!

She has furnished the apartment with low budget furniture, and has a few thousand saved up, but hasn’t paid the first week rent yet. I might post some pics on here of her apartment, if that’s alright, as I’m not taking enough to run a blog or separate discussion.

Did they have to change the wallpaper and floor coverings as well?

Edit: Shanna is onto apartment 3, though because I’ve made some changes, she and husband Duane Talla are now at 2B Jasmine Suite. Because they’re expecting twins (thank you, risky woohoo!), I decided to skip the third apartment and go straight to the fourth. I’m also scrapping the other Culpepper apartment because it’s haunted and I can’t deal with that. But I’m adding two apartments in - 701 Zenview will go before 702 Zenview, and 1020 Alto will go before 1010 Alto. I’m also doing a perfect genetics challenge with this, so they could end up with a fair few kids!
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    Because of going to 2B Jasmine Suite, which has the On Ley Line trait, Shanna actually had triplet girls (I didn’t know that trait could change the number in an pregnancy *after* becoming pregnant!). The oldest one, Eliot, inherited her mother’s hair and eyes, making her the heir, while Bronte and Austen both take after their father. They are now one day away from moving into house six, 701 Zenview, and the triplets are five days away from being teens. At the rate I’m going, because Shanna did a lot of painting early on and has built up a nest egg of about $40,000 at the moment, Eliot should be able to start her part of the legacy in house 9, one of the Alto ones. And since she’s befriended the youngest Landgraab, Callen, if she marries him and moves into VIII Landgraab as house 11, it will be rather appropriate :).

This is the list I’m following (amount needed to save in brackets):
    1. 1313 21 Chic Street ($900)
    2. 19 Culpepper House ($1150)
    3. 2B Jasmine Suite ($1500)
    4. 920 Medina Studio ($1800)
    5. 930 Medina Studio ($2200)
    6. 701 Zenview ($2800)
    7. 702 Zenview ($6000)
    8. 122 Hakim House ($7000)
    9. 1020 Alto Apartments ($15,000)
    10. 1010 Alto Apartment ($19,000)
    11. VIII Landgraab ($30,000) or IX Landgraab ($20,250)
    12. Fountain View Penthouse ($33,768) or VIII Landgraab ($30,000)
    13. 888 Spire Apartments ($45,000)
    14. Old Salt House ($50,448)
    15. Torendi Tower ($109,445)
    Finished the challenge! It took 99 sims days but third gen heir Darcy just moved into Torendi Tower. Her parents, Eliot and Trevon Goth, ended up with six kids, which was interesting in the places which had only two bedrooms, but bunk beds were wonderful 😂. It was a bit tedious always having to decorate the house, especially as I’m not good at that, but I did enjoy being able to explore San Myshuno for two generations.
  • legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    I'm definitely gonna try this out!