Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Machinima by Simmerville - Jan 18: Mazaloom NEWS Year 231

Comments

• COATS4COATS4 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey guys, check out my new machinima series :) would appreciate any feedback as this is my first attempt!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpXj_9J_pkVqVv5jSk1Zpmw
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    COATS4 wrote: »
    Hey guys, check out my new machinima series :) would appreciate any feedback as this is my first attempt!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpXj_9J_pkVqVv5jSk1Zpmw

That teaser was pretty cool, but I could not get access to episode 1. Looks like you've got the grip right, though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    A brand new short video was just released on my Youtube channel: "Super Power Dad". It's short (7 minutes) and it is a 100% stand-alone production. I had fun creating this little Christmas tale, it's traditional as well as tragic, and way less complex than most of my previous stuff :) Hope you like it!

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    What a surprising Christmas story with a scary moral... but I love it :)
    Be careful what you wish for.....maybe you get your wish fulfilled but you do not decide for yourself how it will be fulfilled :#
    What a surprising Christmas story with a scary moral... but I love it :)
    Be careful what you wish for.....maybe you get your wish fulfilled but you do not decide for yourself how it will be fulfilled :#

Thank you! :) Glad you liked it. And hoping you do enjoy the Holidays!
    Just a quick note that my series "As Sims Go By" is back for its 3rd season. I've posted before about some changes, mostly the new season will be easier to follow as each episode will focus more on one household. A main story will start and end with each episode, so there will be less need for watching (and remember details from) previous episodes.

20201218a.jpg

First episode will get released tonight, feb 16th!
    Season 3 is up - a few hours delayed... What's up an the Dougham House? Mayor's wife, Corinne Dougham Lady Crestville, definitely wants to become a Baroness, but the trips Cornelius, Martin and Wilhelmina are also around, and you get to meet Corinne's younger sister Nancy for the first time. The Council starts a new 5 years period with 2 new members.

The 3rd season includes 5 episodes, each more stand alone than previous seasons, so it's less important to watch every episode (but because it's a series it will of curse add if you watch more). I had to lower my ambitions a bit as I can't spend as much time on the production as I would like. I see this also like a documentary from my game, cause there's less fiction than you might think - it's mainly real sims on real locations and some footage is even from ordinary game play with a minimum of staging.

Anyway, enjoy!
    Oh, this thread has been silent for too long! Sorry about that! I've been busy producing new episode in my ongoing series As Sims Go By. This is titled Family Portraits, includes a touch of nobility but mostly romance. In the Council House it's Josue Rosewood who gets the focus, and his household including daughter Mandy. It's a stand alone story, watching previous episodes might help but is not required.

Just a very short, yet hilarious clip from the Sims Sessions festival ;)

My Screenshots Folder series is not exactly machinima, but I decided top post a link to the first Cottage Living Special, anyway. Click if you want to see a flying fox :)

This year has been a different year to me, and one side effect was less time for making TS4 machinima. I'm still not back, but at least I found time to make episode #2 of the "My Business" series that opened TWO years ago - LOL. Here's Amy S. Raven from Muggerdale in Gloomville, a Janitor since a couple decades and soon facing retirement.

Just a quick update to tell you that I'm currently creating a new video series called "MAZALooM Medieval" :) I have enjoyed playing Sims Medieval this Fall, and before I could say "medieval" ideas for the new series were multiplying themselves. If you know my TS4 universe you will know there is nobility with family trees going more than 200 years back in time. Base characters of the new series are from those family trees, so I got myself an extra challenge trying to copy those facts into the TSM game.

Well, there will be 5 episodes (2 of them are already completed but won't be published until minimum the 3rd episode is ready). I assume the first episode will release around Nov 25th :) First there got to be a post on my blog with a tiny bit more info on what family will be featured etc.

So, for now: Hey ho! :)
    Just confirming that the new series will be released tomorrow, November 28th! I finally managed to produce several (three) episodes before releasing the first one - I always dreamt of that, but normally you get too excited to wait when the first episode is done :)

20211124-mazaloom.jpg

MAZALooM Medieval describes the beginning of my Region 12's year count. I imagine there was a big transmission (actually from TS1 to TS2, when dimensions were added as described on my TS1 site decades ago). Because TS4 is a parallel universe, I think it all started with the same transmission. Anyway, the new series tells the story of the first era of my TS4 community, including Mazaloom kingdom. You will meet 5 Heroes, all of will lead to households in my current TS4 game - about 225 years later. You can actually trace their descendants in my online family tree, but well - that might perhaps me m ore interesting after watching a couple MM episodes :)

Also check my blog for additional info to be posted during the coming few hours. There I will introduce you to those five Heroes :) And of course with a link to the first episode, that will also be posted here.

Can't wait!!! :)
    That sounds really exciting B)

Thanks @MonaSolstraale :) Hoping you are doing fine!
    I'm a RL history and genealogy nerd, so learning a bit about some of my families' origin is liots of fun. This series will be a tad different from the typical video though, but some new ways to do thing might be good.
    First episode of MAZALooM Medieval has aired!

I'm aware that posting a video series made with Sims Medieval might be grey zone on a The Sims 4 board, but because the story will gradually weave into my TS4 game, I hope it's okay. If you already played the old Sims Medieval game long ago, this might be a memory lane, and if not - you might get inspired to try it. I had lots of fun playing it for my historical project.

The entire series (5 episodes) will be online within end of December, mostly with a new episode released every weekend.

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Thank you I am doing fine :)
    I watched the first episode. It's been several years since I played SimsMedival so I got flashbacks to my own game. There were quite a few challenges I never managed.
    I'm excited about what connection this series has to As Sims go bye.
    Thank you I am doing fine :)
    I watched the first episode. It's been several years since I played SimsMedival so I got flashbacks to my own game. There were quite a few challenges I never managed.
    I'm excited about what connection this series has to As Sims go bye.

I was a tad confused with the first aspiration, I had no idea it would suddenly be completed before I had solved all quests, so there are many I still did not solve. And after the first aspiration, I had no idea I would be supposed to start a fresh kingdom, so I played "free time" ever after. Btw, the free time thing is perfect for telling a story, so I'll sick with that for a while, I guess ;).
    It's weekend, and here's episode 2 of my new series MAZALooM Medieval. It's not made with TS4 but TSM, but story will soon blend with my TS4 universe.

Another weekend means a new episode of my mini series MAZALooM Medieval :)

This is episode 3 of 5.

• Khree29Khree29 Posts: 53 Member
    Awesome job on all of them!
    Khree29 wrote: »
    Awesome job on all of them!

Thank you so much! :) I really like the Medieval era, and the way these videos are put together is way less time consuming than my other series.

Good news: the remaining 2 episodes are ready and will be released Dec 19 and Dec 26 (or a couple days later if my vacation makes it hard to publish on time).
    And it's another weekend... :)

Only one more episode to go, it will be posted sometime between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Final episode of season 1 is out! I'm yet undecided about a 2nd season - time will tell :)

I have plans for more videos come 2022, see you then!

After a short break from video producing, I'm excited to announce a new project that will air end of January! «The Simmerville Show» is a typical talk show with guests and a few out-and-about video reports, a new way for me to share what is going on in my game!

AVvXsEiEzeZ_PDLdxuOGwn0L1rJ5UVtOxHstf6C5nnJM7KySCe4k7kseELT39UGw7OhswOtf8e3kOh6u1d-vPq44wGmOsfdso3Wrj3X9KHVXg_kij_S5P5TktNjxR1DNhMBNqmUnTH_LyYtDqqdCE1naYmXnBt2NynCHgNJ_KG7jpp_T7EPY4y49arFTzMAo=s16000

There are so many stories and faiths, and because I finally realize that they can not all get their own machinima movie, a show where selected guests and reports will be a splendid solution! The format is not set in stone, so there might be added more sections later on. I hope it will become a regular show, and if periods where I find less time for this I intend to simply make shorter episodes with content that is easier to produce.

The Simmerville Show might replace some of the content of the "Reg 12 NEWS", that will now be smaller videos with just one host (a result of Antoinette Morck no longer working for Simmerville Studio as she moved to Henford-on-Bagley).

So - premier is set to this weekend, but no later than Monday!