Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Freeplay 2

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
Hi everyone these are my ideas for The Sims Freeplay 2, which I believe should be made.
1. Better Graphics.
2. Emotions, just a few, maximum 7.
3. Pay for added content that is premium, reasonable pricing though.
4. Real time still.
5. 8-15 careers at release.
6. Ages: Baby, Toddler, Child, Preteen, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder.

Paid content could be branded, like Levi's Jeans for both Genders, like a mini stuff pack, 2 Levi's branded Jeans for each Gender Teen and above including 501s, 2 tucked in shirts, for both genders and 2 untucked t shirts.

Give me your ideas and thoughts and SimGurus if you have input or please give it.

Comments

• KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    7. No Freeplay 2
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    As long as they can find new ways to expand the game we don't need Freeplay 2. But I will love to see Freeplay 2 if and when expanding Freeplay 1 stops :)
  • LeiaStyleLeiaStyle Posts: 41 Member
    Not to rain on your parade, but a Sims Freeplay 2 really isn't needed at this point in time. And I don't really want Sims Freeplay 2, personally. The reason is that Sims Freeplay is an online game. Meaning, once it closes or development ends, any content that was purchased on it with real money will be gone. Obviously this is not the same as with the PC games for the Sims - all of those are installable on a computer and any content purchased can be saved and installed again.

I would much rather them continue development on the Sims Freeplay and not shift their focus to a new game where we would need to re-purchase things we already had in the original game.

Plus, things like graphics are limited by the platform of the devices and the resources a mobile device has available for games. You probably wouldn't see much better graphics on mobile for the forseeable future anyway. We already have numbers 3-6 on your suggestions list (except for reasonable pricing and a couple of age groups - which can easily be changed/added to the current Sims Freeplay).
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    I definitely agree that we could do with reasonable pricing. I would have bought a whole lot more for the sims free play game if each item only cost a small amount and I could buy them whenever I liked.

I would have thought it better to make the same money selling the packs etc. to more people for less each time than just to sell to people who are willing to spend fortunes.

There would be more happy simmers that way surely, and once the item has been created, how much more does it cost to sell it to each 100,000 gamers than 100?

Also, the VIP levels take a lot of spending to level up, and to me seem to get silly beyond VIP5 with only a few perks to gain.

If they want to tempt more of us to buy stuff, the purchase has to feel worth the money, and mostly, it does not.

But maybe I'm just a scrooge lol ;)
  • ragefire88ragefire88 Posts: 11 New Member
    I think with the devices we have now a days, most have or will have 64 bit chip with 1-2 GB ram GB if you have a iPad Pro..
    (not speaking for Android due to sheer amount of devices they have out there x.x)

We could have better graphics, though the style is great as is ..
    (Those thinking we can't handle it look we have PC ports now, we even have big games out, ever seen BrightRidge? IOS can handle alot)

We could handle a better updated version BUT it needs a proper remake this time ..

Online should be optional, Offline should be a main feature ..

I like your idea on Emotions I think we could handle it, I agree on limiting the amount of them..

no real time .. thats why the game is online locked ..

All age stages should remain..

free will needs to be in it ..

Bigger Family Size for houses depending on device..
    they give us DIY model house that are HUGE with a basement and all, yet can only have 4 sims unless you pay to be a VIP
    (I may have that part wrong but I think higher VIP means more Sims in the house)

if free to play, then make a option to pay to upgrade..
    Would be nice meaning the IAP would remove ads timers etc
    Why can't we have more traditional Sims game like the old Sims 3 game on iOS why can't they base it off that?
    Careers would be nice but non of the waiting junk, maybe some active careers like Sims 4 ..

More clothes, hair ..
    more furniture ..

Heck i'm fine with Sims Freeplay as it is, a upgrade actually sounds scary, given the fact the state this one is in ..
    If they just made this one Offline, unlocked all the event island locations, opened up the whole map, remove the timer junk, give them some freewill and depending on device release the Sim cap ..called it a day im sure many would be happy with just that ..
    Just think all the time you put in the game and if the servers get pulled you lose all your money, all your time well spent into this game ..
    I am not fully sure i'm ready for another Sims Freeplay honestly ..

Part of me believes there still catering to those with older devices, those with limited ram... I think more can be done with today's devices, least the iOS ones anyways ..

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I definitely agree that we could do with reasonable pricing. I would have bought a whole lot more for the sims free play game if each item only cost a small amount and I could buy them whenever I liked.

I would have thought it better to make the same money selling the packs etc. to more people for less each time than just to sell to people who are willing to spend fortunes.

There would be more happy simmers that way surely, and once the item has been created, how much more does it cost to sell it to each 100,000 gamers than 100?

Also, the VIP levels take a lot of spending to level up, and to me seem to get silly beyond VIP5 with only a few perks to gain.

If they want to tempt more of us to buy stuff, the purchase has to feel worth the money, and mostly, it does not.

But maybe I'm just a scrooge lol ;)
    I agree that the prices are surprisingly high. But the Sims Freeplay isn't different from all other free-to-play MMO games in that respect because the prices are about equally high in all the other such games that I have tried.

We can wonder about the reason. But I am in no doubt that the prices are deliberately chosen that high after many considerations and market investigations. So it seems that the income from such games just would be lower with lower prices. The only exception is that in many games items are on sale for a much lower prices a couple of days from time to time.

Of course the game companies are able to sell items for such huge prices to very rich gamers and to fanatics who does want the things anyway. But there must be too few of such gamers to really matter. Therefore I think that the main reason for the high prices are that there are many teen gamers who just want the things because they can persuade their parents to pay for them. Therefore the prices are likely set to the amounts that teens can persuade their parents to accept when the teens want to download them.