Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

Comments

• bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Seasons,pets, cars,toddlers,waffles,chicken soup,juice maker and teens with their own interactions.
  • ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    I think there should be the sims 4 pets, sims 4 star as in aiming to become famous actor/singer and such... plus let us simmers to build our own world, apartments and of course another sims 4 holiday worlds...
  • mysimsandi2mysimsandi2 Posts: 105 Member
    toddlers! i really want to see them again in the game. and maybe university? i like having my sims living in the dormitory
  • ZippiedoodahZippiedoodah Posts: 4 New Member
    Spiral Staircases and L Shaped Staircases,
    Better selection of Curtains,
    All objects have the same color options and more color options,
    Modular and L Shaped Sofas
    Pets including horses,
    Curved walls like the curved fences,
    Curved pools,
    Cars, Garages and Driveways.
    I really hope we get these things :)
    Apart from these things missing I do love the game so far :)

I really miss spiral staircases too! And would love curved walls, fences and roofs to match the curves! And pets--miss those! And wasn't there a way to create our own patterns before? Been a long time since I played Sims and just getting back into this with TS4 (unfortunately, I sold all my other Sims games and all the expansion packs and everything I had for them years ago). I'd love to be able to create my own clothing too--is that already possible? Please forgive my newness :blush:
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Toddlers!!!!!!!
    Always.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    Vehicles, toddlers, pets, seasons, holidays, occults, country life, adjusting lifespan, mean interactions with bad consequences on relationships on long term, a more dangerous environment with more things that can cause death, historical content, swimming in the sea, vacation worlds, more diverse worlds, larger worlds, CASt, CAW, terrain tools, more sliders and more extreme sliders in CAS.
    As well as higher graphical settings, more realistic graphics, story progression and open worlds, but it's too late for these :'(
  • RexatumRexatum Posts: 26 Member
    Some things like the pets and the careers are missing, but well - if you compare TS4 with TS3, you'll notice that a lot of depth is missing, too. TS3 was always a game which you wanted to play all day long, but I don't know why. TS4 is nice, too, but it gets boring easily.
    1) Maybe the Create a World is missing.
    2) Or the worlds which were always different from each other.
    3) Yes, perhaps the open world is missing, too.

TS3 and TS2 were always a little bit more like the real life than TS4. You had more options to influence the life of your Sims, and there were more events. TS4 is only that much of fun when you do challenges...
  • FemaleTroubleFemaleTrouble Posts: 38 Member
    At this point, new aspirations and new traits, lots of them. The aspirations are either so easy to complete, or so limited Sims end up doing the same ones. I dont expect them to completely overhaul the system, but at least multiple tracks with different milestones for the aspirations they already have. So instead of practice music for 6 hours, listen to music for 2 hours for the musician aspiration first level, maybe change that up a bit. And more aspirations that aren't tied to a specific career path, or include different careers - Retail, restaurant, GTW careers, and CL careers.
    tumblr_novzxnecn01tdnvrao1_500.gif
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    This is a random list and I'm probably going to forget a load of stuff. But at the moment I keep wishing for:

Top 3 Expansions:

* University (active schools?)
    * TS1-style Superstar
    * Farming (incorporating weather and pets).

Game Packs:

* Tropical destination
    * Winter destination

Objects and Stuff:

* Mechanic's car
    * Soccer net
    * Florist's bench
    * Sculpting Station (ambitions)
    * Tattoo chair
    * Printing press
    * Objects to support careers below (e.g. Stage for acting)
    * Laundry
    * Eco Friendly Pack (solar panels, wind turbines, composting to reduce bills)
    * Nectar Maker (add any ingredient)
    * Archaeology dig site with relics and skeletons and things I can display and research at the museum.

Careers:

* Education (from nursery to uni lecturer)
    * Modelling
    * Fashion design
    * Acting (Stage and screen)
    * Directing
    * Pet trainer

* For all careers to be active (updated with work from home assignments): musician; artist; writer; sports; etc. This is a big wish for me and would be HUGELY helpful.

Note: Generations is not on my list because I think that toddlers should be in a free patch. I also feel like family play and generational content should be a part of all packs. For example, if we got acting on stage then children should be able to do school plays, and dress up with the costume chest and use their imagination to pretend to be different characters. If we got an active schools expansion, I feel this could bring a lot of generations style play such as uni for young adults, school fairs, school clubs, proms, etc.

I'm probably forgetting a ton of stuff, but these are some of the things I'm missing a lot at the moment.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Honestly I'm still finding it hard to find clothing that fits my style. I like dresses mostly. Usually short over long but sometimes long. I like knee high black boots. I like plain normal t-shirts. I like floral patterned and plain dresses. Id like to see a more normal wedge shoe and high heels and flats. A lot of the current styles are a little wacky. I like some of the high fashion styles and whatnot I guess.

I also just feel like some small details are missing from each of the packs. Gift opening Christmas trees. Trick or treating. Laundry matts with washers and deters. Vending machines for soda and such.

Hotels and supernaturals certainly seems missing to me and I really want more clutter and spaces to put it. I mean in real life shampoo and soap and bath salts are in the bathroom. Pantries and cutting boards belong in the kitchen. Things are always on my coffee table whether its soda cans or a Tv remote.

Also as someone who went to school for culinary arts I'm disappointed in how little attention to detail the elements for restaurant kitchen have. I'm talking about walk in freezers and coolers or trudges and of course pantries again. Mop buckets and signs. The three sink method of washing dishes and the huge steam and chemichal dish washing machine with a huge hanging spraying device. All of the different types of cooking devices from flat tops to huge pasts cooking vats and fancy baking ovens and all of the floor drains. Plus restaurants use cash registers too.

Pets practically rule many peoples lives and I doubt id have a reason to live without my two dogs to keep me and my husband company. It gets lonely without all the love a pet gives. So why would my Sim feel any different.

Family life is missing various elements that would be cool on community lots like baby changing stations. Vending machines to get diapers and baby wipes (as well as tampons and pads for women but most people don't want to go there)

Grocery store items. Yes we have retail but what about grocery carts and baskets? The little conveyor belt area for checkout areas. The automatic slidingdoors (which has been done in previous games) The food decor to put on grocery store type shelving. Maybe even make a produce style thing to work like the city living food stall that sells produce. A meat or deli style area with a meat slicing machine (great for restaurants too).

Honestly I could go on and on about the areas of real life Id like to emulate but the area Id most like improved upon that is likely the most controversial is the realisticness of the budgeting bill paying and cost of things. I think I read somewhere originally the Sims was supposed to teach money management ina realistic manner but they decided to go a different direction with it. I know for the Sims three there were nods meant to make money management and bill payment more difficult or easier but id like a more realistic version from the Sims creators eventually. But I'm sure many players might not want that as much which is understandable but still.
  • shadownightfireshadownightfire Posts: 63 Member
    -pets
    -seasons
    -additional world's
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Hobbies. I need more things for my sims to do. Freetime is the best example since it's the only EP I remember that includes hobbies. Ambitions did have some hobbies but they were more tied to professional careers.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    Lots of good ideas here, but for me, the thing I want most is pets. Pets were a huge part of my game in the past, and Sims 4 just isn't enough without them.
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    washers and dryers in the sims4 weather and pets and seasons

But I thought you want the game to be fun, not based on real life? Washers, Dryers, Weather, and Pets are all from real life, I thought you didn't want that?
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    For me its toddlers/preteens and just more basic animations like making the bed and more playful interactions such as kids playing tag, pillow fights not locked to a object. As you mentioned the military career is another one I would like to see so I can remake a family I had in Sims 2 hopefully the obstacle course comes along with it, they really went over the top with careers and excluded everyday normal jobs. Cars driveways and garages is another must have for me I hate having to fake it.

This!!! I couldn't agree more about faking the garages. Drives me nuts! I always put work benches and "laundry" in my garage. Even if the car isn't functional, I still miss having it! At the very least, I want a garage door to complete the look of a home.
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    Depth and options
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I'm missing toddlers way more than I thought that I would! They added a huge element to the game and playing with kiddos.
    There are some expansions that I would love to see again (Pets, Seasons, Supernaturals, and University) as well as some careers (Education, Self-Employed, Military, Law, and Dance).
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    What's missing for me: Toddlers, pets, seasons, weather, modern graphics, options, non-tie to Origin, Create-a-Style, open world, large neighborhoods. Not buying it until all those things are in it, which means never.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Missing for me : toddlers and family based EP, pets, seasons and lastly supernaturals in that order
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited December 2016
    - An option to stop the worlds from auto-populating if you have enough unplayed households to fulfill NPC roles. It's a great nuisance for me, even using MCCC.
    - Also, the option to turn off Aliens. That way people who like them can get abductions and such. I don't like them showing up randomly for Alien night at the bar... or in my sims' relationship panel, since I'm a rotational player.
    - Sims to acknowledge extended family (step-parents, uncles/aunts spouses, in-laws, etc).
    - Reactions to the death of loved ones even if not witnessed or outside active household.
    - you-know-T or new life stage, new Vacation world, Seasons, Generations/Family pack.
    - Unlikely, but I'd like bassinet free babies.
  • RemusSirionRemusSirion Posts: 1 New Member
    The thing I miss most is some kind of affection system. In the Sims 3, sims felt attracted to other sims based on some criteria and it added a bit of randomness which I liked very much. I feel like in the sims 4 I have to decide who my sim is going to marry 100% by myself. I really would like my sims to have their own opinions about who is attractive to them and who is not.
  • SimmerferlifeSimmerferlife Posts: 43 Member
    I want to see cars because they are part of life and this is a life simulation but if we get cars they would probably be followed to a loading screen :| .
    There's so much that I don't even know where to start, but toddlers are a big one. That combined with babies being confined to the crib are huge for me. I also want more normal options for careers- teacher, lawyer, military, construction, etc. I'd also like some more typical suburban furniture and decor- stuff that isn't super fancy or ultra modern.
    That is also a problem with sims 4 my friend :) .
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Season's , Toddlers, some sort of pet. I Like the way the sims look in sims 4, easy to build, but it has gotten boring. I have went back to Sims 3 to play. Yeah my sims may not be as attractive, it is somewhat harder to build but at least I have all life states, pets, seasons, world adventures. I could go on but won't so I uninstalled Sims 4. The only way I will purchase and re install is if toddlers are added in, and content gets better. I don't want a butler.
    But really think about it all of the things you want will maybe include a loading screen. For example: city living when you are in you apartment and want to go to your neighbor's apartment you have to go through a loading screen. That might be that way with all of these ideas. Like when I said cars that may follow through a loading screen.