Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I alone?

I don't like cc! I like mods and things but only very few.. but as far as cc.. even clothes for the sims I don't like it.. I guess unless it looks like it's maxis-made. So funny because I couldn't play the previous Sims games without it!
DyFJE8G.jpg
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants

Comments

• nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    I agree 100%, especially the cc hair. I think that looks horrible.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    Agreed! Unless they make it to look like maxis-made and even then it's very iffy.
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I used to use mods, now I don't care to anymore, as for CC I don't like CC stuff either it just looks weird and out of place.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I use some CC, but for hair and clothing I generally need Maxis Match (Aside from my RDJ shirt but that's for my simself *Hisses* MINE!...LOL) and I use and some CC objects if a story calls for it, such as Voidcritters for All mod (I have a very geeky AI sim that loves collecting the cards and battling) and a plumbob toy that is, well, a plumbob. In my universe, those are essentially a sim's essence. Remove that and you can have major trouble.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I only use gameplay mods and nothing else. CC has always bothered me from an aesthetic standpoint because it usually tries to be hyperrealistic but ends up making the sims look more or less like dolls instead of people. The clashing styles between Maxis stuff and the CC is just not for me.
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    I only use gameplay mods and nothing else. CC has always bothered me from an aesthetic standpoint because it usually tries to be hyperrealistic but ends up making the sims look more or less like dolls instead of people. The clashing styles between Maxis stuff and the CC is just not for me.

Very well said!
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I used to be absolutely against cc until I found hairstyles that resembled maxis content. From there I was open to more stuff like certain outfits.

I still don't like how some cc looks because they just don't match the style of the game.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2016
    Personally, I'm the contrary, I use a lot of CC.
    I don't think that CC is problematic in itself, the thing is that there aren't enough creators who enjoy making realistic CC IMO. All the good stuff is lost in the middle of tons of things that I don't like. At least with furniture, it's easier to find nice CC. With hair and female clothing, I wish it could be easier to avoid things that look too much like some kind of Miss Universe / Disney princess / anime character / Barbie doll. But I now have my little collection.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't like CC of any kind not only because it doesn't match, looks out of place, etc but because of the risk it poses to the game and my computer. As for mods, with the patches coming out once a month, you have to be huperviligant with them or that risks breaking the game and computer as well. It's just not worth the risk, because I have had computer breaking issues with CC and mods in past Sims games, or my time to deal with it after a patch.

Edit typo
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I only prefer Maxis-Match CC. I have quite a bit of it in my game and it just adds variety to what's already there and available.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I use both mods and CC, but when it comes to CC, I only use maxis-match. I used to love Alpha, but I hate the way it looks against TS4's style. It just doesn't fit.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    For me, I really need CC because almost none of the base game stuff really suits my taste, the expansion packs have added a few things I love a lot, but for the most part I rely heavily on CC. I have super long hair in real life and hardly any game has really long hair to avoid clipping issues.
    I want my sims to reflect my personal aesthetic too so I use a lot of the longer cc hairs.

I try to stick with simpler textures for hair (I don't like them to have that super metallic shiny look to the texture). I like some cc clothing, but I don't like it very much overall because I just find that a lot of it isn't done well and you don't really see that until you have it in your game.

I use a ton of CC furniture though, especially since It took me a long time to start buying things for the game. I really don't like the Victorian inspired furniture. I think Victorian styled stuff is pretty and everything, but in another hobby of mine it is pretty much the ONLY style I see for sale and I'm just kind of sick of seeing it. I really need more modern looking stuff for my houses so I tend to angle for CC that looks more like what you see in modern houses.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I go through stages with it. Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm doing a legacy style game I skip all but maxis match because it drives me bonkers when the sims age into the wrong hair/eye colors! If I'm just playing to play I tend to go nuts with cc.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I don't use as much CC with TS4 and I did in the past. Most of the townies I make are all maxis items unless they made to fit into my the storyline I am playing, then I will use whatever I feel suits the Sim I am creating. Most of the community lots I have build are just maxis stuff. At first I just used a combo of both for my lots and townies, but I go through my CC folder and clean it out every so often and I got tired of fixing townies and lots that had CC I had gotten rid of so unless it is something I will be using all the time as in playing the Sim or living on the lot, I use Maxis stuff.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    No you're not alone. I'm like you too. I can't play TS2 without CC cuz the Maxis made outfits are so awful, in my opinion. But the ones for TS4 are pretty good and in style so I'm fine with it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    No you're not alone. I'm like you too. I can't play TS2 without CC cuz the Maxis made outfits are so awful, in my opinion. But the ones for TS4 are pretty good and in style so I'm fine with it.
    Hi Hi! good to see ya again :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• lilly6327lilly6327 Posts: 6 New Member
    I can't get into any house after downloading City Living,. it just redirects me to the screen with each of the cities. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, will someone tell me how to fix it? I already tried uninstalling The Sims 4 from my computer and reinstalling it, but it didn't have any effect on my problem. If someone here works for EA, will you please send out an update? :)
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    I don't really use CC, but I do like using mods to tune the game to my liking.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I don't think it's a question that even needs to be asked.
    Of course you are not alone and a majority of the players play without custom content.
    CC is for players who want what the game isn't offering them, or who want to bend the art style to their own preferences.

I take great delight in bending the game to what I like and I don't care about the style clash. :)
    I truly love my modified game. <3
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AushyAushy Posts: 16 New Member
    It's funny -- I actually have never used CC or mods in games. I only started getting into CC a bit before Sims 4 was out -- and that was for a VERY small amount of things. No idea why! Maybe it's also why I don't get into stuff packs. I think I just am more ready to play the game than to look at the aesthetic stuff (no matter how cool that stuff is!).
  • AmbereenAmbereen Posts: 56 Member
    I use both mods and cc. I can't live without mc command center because it literally just -fixes- the entire game to the point where I'm happy to actually play it. And as for cc, I'm not generally a fan of the maxis hair because half the time it either looks glued on/clumped together or there are just not enough choices. Especially for men. But there are a few I like, just like there is cc I don't like. It's up to personal preference. But man, let me tell you, cc skin tones are a -must- for me.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm the opposite - I use a lot of CC, I have nearly 2,000 CC files in my Mods folder. It has to be Maxis Match though - no exceptions.

The hair on my Sim in my avatar is CC. I think it's a mesh edit of an EA hair but I don't remember. He's also wearing a CC jumper.

25ebb3313bd641f18dc7fc641e55e659.png

I'd say most of my CC is simply mesh edits of EA clothing/hair though. CC creators can make EA items look better with just a few simple tweaks.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Im really weird with CC. I also only like maxis match, and one day every few months or so I'll go mad on CC, download a crap ton but then get rid of it all a week or two later xD I love mods though and I use a lot of them.
    CK213 wrote: »
    I don't think it's a question that even needs to be asked.
    Of course you are not alone and a majority of the players play without custom content.
    CC is for players who want what the game isn't offering them, or who want to bend the art style to their own preferences.

I take great delight in bending the game to what I like and I don't care about the style clash. :)
    I truly love my modified game. <3

I was genuinely curious if I shared the opinion so indeed the question should have been asked, I'm not here knocking anyone's personal preferences I just wanted to know what others thought on the topic, more than happy to hear why others like what they like though! :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg