Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Curious ......

abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
@SimGuruDrake. Just curious why was CL advertised for R399.00 in South Africa about two months ago and now it's advertised for R649.00 :( Whats up with that. That is on Origin btw.

Comments

• SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    It could be due to the exchange rate, it is very volatile due to the political circus that goes on in this country. On the other hand companies love ripping us off locally. The last I saw of Sims 3 and it expansion packs they are still full price.

I believe in dollars CL costs $40. With the help of Google to get the currant rate that = R539.55. So it is probably a combination of both factors that I mentioned.

Personally I think that is a complete rip off The Sims 4 digital deluxe is R699.95 (off special). To me the cost & what you get out of it is way off balance & isn't worth it (this game should be more than a half cheaper than what it is). Even if you just get the base game and the main expansion packs at current prices your looking at R2 635. Maybe the game is cheaper for the native dollar users & you get bang for your buck but for us Rand users I wouldn't recommend it.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Thanks for your feedback @SunsetSimsPrime. I totally agree with you. :)