Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sim's 1 and all expansions.

Aliegurl2414Aliegurl2414 Posts: 3 New Member
I've done them all in order, but when I use the last disk i have ( unleashed) to play it says the original disk could not be found and to install it. Why?

Comments

• Options
    Okay i've installed the original again and i've went back to the unleashed and now its saying to run as administrator and when i do it still doesnt work, and i also get a pop up asking if i want it to allow to make changes to my computer?
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    That pop up usually appears when you run something as administrator. As long as you're sure it doesn't contain viruses don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Well once i click yes it still will not load the screen
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Have you tried right clicking the Sims 1 icon and click on properties? go to compatibility and trying running it in an earlier windows like maybe XP or previous, and I clicked Run as Admin on mine, and run in 640 x 480 res. Also remember after downloading something sometimes it won't work right until you restart the computer.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Aliegurl2414

I am not sure what windows OS system you are using however these are the following steps I had to take to make sims 1 work on windows 7 64 bit..

Microsoft updates often require removing to play 1 and for me uninstalling Microsoft KB3086255 update did the trick. ( you can always reinstall it if that does not help )

I also got this message Please login with administrator privileges and try again so I followed the following instructions from the link below and the game started up for me

run the application as an administrator. Rick click the executable file, navigate down the menu to 'properties' and left click, switch to the compatibility tab and check the Run as Administrator box.

http://modthesims.info/t/564118

As I am not sure what OS you are using I do not want to give you bad advice however it does sound like you are suffering from the similar problems so decided to post the steps that were successful for me :)
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    TS1 has a really unique weird installation progress. In what order did you install the games what's your latest, in terms of release, EP?
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Godlike wrote: »
    TS1 has a really unique weird installation progress. In what order did you install the games what's your latest, in terms of release, EP?

You install in the order the games were released.

The order is:

Livin' Large
    House Party
    Hot Date
    Vacation
    Unleashed
    Superstar
    Makin' Magic

If you had all of them installed except for Unleashed and then later wanted to install it, you would have to uninstall Superstar and Makin' Magic, install Unleased, and then reinstall Superstar and Makin' Magic, I believe.
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Correct and that might work if your base game + LL still work as intended. Myself, I had to get Double Deluxe back in the day because the base game crapped out on me. So ever since I've been installing and playing the game as following in their order of release with one unusual exception.

1. Install Double Deluxe (run after installing it and tweak with compatibility if needed)
    2. Install House Party, Hot Date and Vacation
    3. Launch Double Deluxe with its CD and reinstall
    4. Install Unleashed and Superstar
    5. Install Makin' Magic and use MM's CD to play
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Correct and that might work if your base game + LL still work as intended. Myself, I had to get Double Deluxe back in the day because the base game plum out on me. So ever since I've been installing and playing the game as following in their order of release with one unusual exception.

1. Install Double Deluxe (run after installing it and tweak with compatibility if needed)
    2. Install House Party, Hot Date and Vacation
    3. Launch Double Deluxe with its CD and reinstall
    4. Install Unleashed and Superstar
    5. Install Makin' Magic and use MM's CD to play

Yea, the compilation packs really messed things up at times. I think it's theoretically supposed to not need reinstalling past then, but given it is EA, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bug or two with it. Especially if not on a Windows XP or older machine, where you get into issues related to OS incompatibility on top of any existing bugs.

I do also load up the game after I install each EP. Since they've never released an EP by itself I load up the game to make sure anything that it needs to do on first launch happens.