Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Earthquakes

I do not own the game yet but I was wondering what does the earthquake trait do? does it shake the place up or just says theres an earthquake and things break?
My Top Picks for an EP:
University
Seasons
Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)

Comments

• LawlzimaqtLawlzimaqt Posts: 81 Member
    It shakes the screen and your sims get a tense modlet. That's it pretty much.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It makes your screen go all shaky for a second, your sims go "WOAH! :O" and then you get a tense moodlet because obviously this game does not have enough moodlets or moodlet focus already and THE EMOTIONS SYSTEM IS OBVIOUSLY THE SINGLE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS FRANCHISE AND NOT A MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT, SORRY-EXCUSE-FOR-CONTENT THAT THEY SHOULD THROW OUT THE WINDOW IN THE SLIGHTEST. NOPE, CLEARLY NOT UPSET ABOUT MOODLETS WHATSOEVER. NOT ME. :#

But yeah I think it's a +2 Tense moodlet.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Haha I figured as much thats the case
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
    Random question since you guys are the only ones replying. Where are the new woohoo spots? Did we not get any ?!!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Lawlzimaqt wrote: »
    Random question since you guys are the only ones replying. Where are the new woohoo spots? Did we not get any ?!!

There's zero.

They said they "couldn't think of any that seemed fitting." Pretty sure they said that while showing us the non-functional elevators, too.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    Lawlzimaqt wrote: »

There's zero.

They said they "couldn't think of any that seemed fitting." Pretty sure they said that while showing us the non-functional elevators, too.

Thank you. I only watched one live stream and it didn't say anything interesting. All they talked about was talking toilets. :/ but oh well. Maybe they will fine some "fitting" ones next time.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    They should least have a duck and cover and also asked if they are living with someone "did you feel the shake?" And "is everyone OK?" Interaction that would be better than a tense moodlet.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't mind the Tense moodlet, as that's a fitting sim reaction for this iteration of the game, but the quake itself should impact the environment in a more meaningful way. It would have been great to see it break a gas line on the stove and start a fire, broken windows, risk of death due to a falling ceiling, or busting pipes that flood the apartment etc. Maybe they didn't do that because the Gremlins lot trait is very similar concerning the breaking of objects, but I still think it would have been a nice dramatic effect.

As it stands, it's a really cool idea with very little impact. I absolutely love the idea of natural disaster lot traits in the game, but they need to have an environmental effect on build and buy objects as well. (Just my opinion). Many of the lot traits are very well thought out and implemented, unfortunately this isn't one of them. :/
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I don't mind the Tense moodlet, as that's a fitting sim reaction for this iteration of the game, but the quake itself should impact the environment in a more meaningful way. It would have been great to see it break a gas line on the stove and start a fire, broken windows, risk of death due to a falling ceiling, or busting pipes that flood the apartment etc. Maybe they didn't do that because the Gremlins lot trait is very similar concerning the breaking of objects, but I still think it would have been a nice dramatic effect.

As it stands, it's a really cool idea with very little impact. I absolutely love the idea of natural disaster lot traits in the game, but they need to have an environmental effect on build and buy objects as well. (Just my opinion). Many of the lot traits are very well thought out and implemented, unfortunately this isn't one of them. :/

I read on another thread that there are degrees of quakes and some actually break things.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

I read on another thread that there are degrees of quakes and some actually break things.

Ooooh, that's good to know, Alan! Thank you for sharing that. I haven't had one break anything yet, so that's exciting to hear.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I've hardly used the earthquake since the release of this forum has anyone experienced an earthquake that actually broke something or is that not possible!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've never had an earthquake that broke anything. Its just a slight shake of your screen and a moodlet that will last a few seconds
    I wish there could have been like a hiding interaction or talk about earthquake action. But sadly not.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Scares me more than the sim.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I've never noticed any earthquakes yet, but my sims will get a tense moodlet on the lot most of the time...How often do they occur?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    as a simmer i chose never to use the earthquake trait and never will use it since it do not fit my gameplay at all
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

Here is the link to my post when it first happened,
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910914/earthquake#latest
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    What pack is this in?