Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play mmos?

If so, how many? Are ya still active in any of them?

I'm sorta going through a dry spell,study has made it hard to enjoy em whenever I get a rare chance to play something once in a blue moon.

I've recently got back into Sims but I am wholeheartedly a MMORPG kid at heart.

I have some-what active accounts on:

Guild Wars II(close to 6 years)
Eve Online
Black Desert
Blade & Soul
Final Fantasy Online
Path of Exile(My favourite)

MMOs I've closed accounts:

League of Legends
Spiral Knights
Tree of Savior
Goonzu Luminary
Neverwinter Online
Wizard 101
Adventure Quest

There are more but they don't count as I haven't played enough to gain interest.

I was meaning to make a TESO account but I never found the time or cleared space to install the game.

Sooo yeah, i guess you can say I've been around :sweat_smile: How bout you?

tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Mmo's aren't really my thing. I prefer single player games. Though I do like a little co-op every now and then.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Occasionally Guild Wars and Final Fantasy XIV. It's pretty inconsistent.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    If so, how many? Are ya still active in any of them?

I'm sorta going through a dry spell,study has made it hard to enjoy em whenever I get a rare chance to play something once in a blue moon.

I've recently got back into Sims but I am wholeheartedly a MMORPG kid at heart.

I have some-what active accounts on:

Guild Wars II(close to 6 years)
    Eve Online
    Black Desert
    Blade & Soul
    Final Fantasy Online
    Path of Exile(My favourite)

MMOs I've closed accounts:

League of Legends
    Spiral Knights
    Tree of Savior
    Goonzu Luminary
    Neverwinter Online
    Wizard 101
    Adventure Quest

There are more but they don't count as I haven't played enough to gain interest.

I was meaning to make a TESO account but I never found the time or cleared space to install the game.

Sooo yeah, i guess you can say I've been around :sweat_smile: How bout you?

I'm not active on that one atm, but my main is '06 (I have roughly 80mil SP)
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    None active, but I plan on playing Revelation Online in the upcoming CBT.

MMOs are hit or miss for me. Many of them I will play for a bit, but I end up not sticking with them for too long. Some I've enjoyed in that past have been:

Guild Wars 2
    Blade & Soul
    Dungeon Fighter Online
    Continent of the Ninth
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    @Uzone27 Awesome! I've actually just made 2 new Gallente clones recently as I've gone rusty & wanted to retrace game-play.

@SoapSuds Revelation looks rad! Is it similar to Aion? The armour in C9 looks wicked sick! :star:
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've played Mabinogi since about 2008 until now. Less so now cuz I've gotten a little bored of it and tend to just stand around and look cute haha but I recently hopped into Archeage which is actually pretty cool though the crafting system is a little overwhelming! I've never played anything else though. I've been anxiously awaiting Peria Chronicles! Which keeps getting delayed D: But once that comes out that'll probably be the only thing I play it looks AMAZING and I'm a HUGE fan of infinite customization
    Post edited by ByondTime89 on
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    @ByondTime89 My bro used to jam on Archeage & told me it has the best naval combat game-play.

I remember him showing me a clip once of some gamers attempting to drag a ship inland & then using what I think was a spear gun to attach the boat to an airship :joy:

I really like the style of Peria Chronicles & I am a sucker for infinite customization :relaxed:
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    Been playing MMORPGs since 2005, started with 9Dragons and played until Acclaim stopped hosting its MMOs completely. Tried quite a few others but mainly Mabinogi which I started during the North American Open Beta in 2008(missed the Closed Beta by about a week and always regretted not getting the title "The Beta Tester") and still play the same character(have a lot of alts as well, 7 to be exact, but they only really get used during events where you don't have to select a main character to participate) and have all but about 9 skills that can be learned by human characters and am training them all.

As to the ones you listed, I have accounts in "Blade & Soul", "Path of Exile", "Tree of Savior", and "Neverwinter Online".

I've played Mabinogi for about 2008 until now. Less so now cuz I've gotten a little bored of it and tend to just stand around and look cute haha but I recently hopped into Archeage which is actually pretty cool though the crafting system is a little overwhelming! I've never played anything else though. I've been anxiously awaiting Peria Chronicles! Which keeps getting delayed D: But once that comes out that'll probably be the only thing I play it looks AMAZING and I'm a HUGE fan of infinite customization

I'm Cadh2000 on the Mari server, and you are...?
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    Cadh20000 wrote: »
    I've played Mabinogi for about 2008 until now. Less so now cuz I've gotten a little bored of it and tend to just stand around and look cute haha but I recently hopped into Archeage which is actually pretty cool though the crafting system is a little overwhelming! I've never played anything else though. I've been anxiously awaiting Peria Chronicles! Which keeps getting delayed D: But once that comes out that'll probably be the only thing I play it looks AMAZING and I'm a HUGE fan of infinite customization

Cadh20000 I mean. I hate not being able to edit...
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

• ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited November 2016

Cadh20000 I mean. I hate not being able to edit...

I'm Byondtime on the Mari server! Hello fellow Milletian ;D I think I vaguely remember seeing you before @Cadh20000 o:

@Savage_Patch_Kidd I haven't gotten to any of the seafaring stuff yet but I've just been exploring the huge continent and doing noob quests XD I was a little disappointed to find I had to pay to have a homestead so that kinda brought the game down for me but overall it's a pretty expansive world, my friend said it reminds him of Skyrim
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    I've played more than I can remember. Since I started gaming over 30 yrs ago on a Commode 64, please forgive my memory issues. Some were:

Rift
    Guild Wars
    Guild Wars 2
    Age of Conan
    Star Wars the Old Republic
    The Secret World
    World of Tanks
    War thunder
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

@Konan_Norris Thats super impressive! I hadn't gotten into mmos until my mid teens around 2007/8. Prior to that the only mmo I was aware of was Wow & Runescape. I wish I had known about GW at that time.

@ByondTime89 Ah thats a shame that would put me off as well. I still wish I had tried the game in its prime.

@Cadh20000 I really like the aesthetic of 9Dragons, reminds me of Dynasty Warriors which I'm a huge fan of the franchise. 9 being my favourite in the series. I wonder if 9Dragons is a copy of Perfect World which I've heard from my bro was once the mecca of mmorpgs.
  • GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    I no longer play MMORPG since I am overwhelmed by real life stuffs. I kinda miss it, but MMO is such a time sink that I guess I am too old to play such games. My first MMO is Ultima Online, then I moved to Anarchy Online, which has a sci-fi theme. My last one is City of Heroes. I really like the hero theme game, and it was really fun to play.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    been active on FFXIV for two years now (and actively active. As in raiding weekly and keeping up with teh gear :D ), before that I spent around half a year on Wildstar, until it flopped badly, before that I was in GW2. I also have an ESO account that I sometimes use.
  • Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    Glacier wrote: »
    I no longer play MMORPG since I am overwhelmed by real life stuffs. I kinda miss it, but MMO is such a time sink that I guess I am too old to play such games. My first MMO is Ultima Online, then I moved to Anarchy Online, which has a sci-fi theme. My last one is City of Heroes. I really like the hero theme game, and it was really fun to play.

hah I forgot Ulrima Online, City of Heroes, and Warcraft. I loved City of Heroes.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Glacier wrote: »

I'm kind of In the same boat, my first mmo was Pristontale, over time I went onto Diablo II and III, Guild Wars I and II, etc etc but as a farm owner and a mom to a toddler I barely have time for the sims and harvest moon. :3
    I'm Byondtime on the Mari server! Hello fellow Milletian ;D I think I vaguely remember seeing you before @Cadh20000 o:

Lol, probably have, I'm usually hanging around Dunbarton when not doing dungeons or fishing...or on my Homestead crafting stuff(I have every crafting skill in the game and every tool for such that can be built on a Homestead).
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

• pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited November 2016
    Aion is my favorite.
    Second is lineage 2
    I've also played blade&soul and tried other mmorpg but didn't like them
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
    edited November 2016
    @Glacier Yeah it's hard. I had just recently gone back into gaming after I had 3 months of non stop working & other rl commitments. My class schedules are tight & I only get two very short holiday breaks in a year. I'm prepping for my graduate project which will take up all of October to the end of January. So I'm just enjoying the little stress free time I have to reconnect & have fun.

I heard the housing in Ultima was absolutely crazy :dizzy:

@mirta000 FFXIV is so awesome! I haven't jammed in a while because.. well you can kinda guess anyway ahaha :sweat_smile: Not enough time in the world. I almost moved to Wildstar when all my mates left GWII. I'm glad I didn't in the end.

@SimChickee You're a very busy bee! :blush: Harvest Moon is the best!!

@pandie00 Aion & Lineage are really beautiful games. I wanted to play Aion but my laptop couldn't handle it.

@SimChickee You're a very busy bee! :blush: Harvest Moon is the best!!

Ever tried Rune Factory? It is like a cross between Harvest Moon and an RPG. Farming, courting someone from town, marrying, etc... plus combat, exploration, and even boss battles. Only one I've played was 3 for the DS but it was quite good and I'm a big Harvest Moon fan myself.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

@Cadh20000 I absolutely love games like these! I'm loading a gameplay vid & I think I will actually try it sometime this week.
    Have fun then!
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

• DalenakittyDalenakitty Posts: 29 New Member
    I used to play GW as a kid, never fully got into GW2 though. I played Aion on and off for like 4 years, it's so dead and nerfed now though :/ I am hoping some better ones come out soon. I haven't been pleased by what is currently available/still active.
    @Cadh20000 Most deffo will mate, thanks for the recommend!

@Dalenakitty Had a theory class a while back where my lecturer discussed how the current market for pc mmorpgs is dropping. It looks fine now but its most likely not going to be the same as it was back in 2002/13. Mobas are the more popular platforms but I personally don't like pvp.
  • SharlaSedaiSharlaSedai Posts: 56 Member
    LOTRO for the win! I love that game, and with Mordor in view (literally, we're at the Black Gates with the last update), there's never been a better time to jump in. :D