Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Items Falsely Displaying Used in CAW

I had previously posted this on Create a World Forum but no replies - so hope someone here can help:

I have a few worlds in progress and do try to limit the volume of store items being used (although it might not appear that obvious! :) )
However I uploaded a world and found that some items are listed but are not there. ;)
I took a screen dump of items used and deleted the world from My Studio.
I revisited all the lots in the off chance I had 'tried' placing them and change my mind and forgot to remove them but for the life of me, I cannot find them. This is a small world with about 50 lots in total so there are not too many hot tubs, fish tanks, laundry appliances or buffet tables to check. I have even uploaded the lots containing these items to the exchange but they are not listed, so I am perplexed. ;)

These are the items that are displaying incorrectly: -
Hanz Trainers Treadmill - Shut In Treadmill and Finish Line Treadmill used (changed all to Shut In Treadmill that came with the base game but still displaying)
Rustic Staycation Whirlpool Station - Maelstrom Hot Tub used for all 3 hot tubs
Bon Vivant Buffet Table - Great Eats Buffet (base game used for both lots and when lots uploaded, this 'claimed' store item not displayed)
Ultra Washer & Dryer - Ambitions Washer & Dryer used - tried changing to Town Life Washer & Dryer but still displays Ultra Washer & Dryer but okay when lot uploaded on it's own to the exchange.
Alpha Waves Aquarium - All My Fishes Fishtank used for the 2 lots that have a fish tank
Midnight Moon Wall Lamp - Bayside and Moroccan Store Wall Lights as well as base and expansion pack wall lamps used; but not this item
Tiki Doll - Unused - nearest items could be the 'Perfect Sim' statue?
Chair Al Fresco - Two Store Chairs (Mediterranean and Ultra Overly General chair) and base/expansion pack chairs used but not this item.

I considered that maybe I do not have the above falsely displayed store items installed so would not be able to see them; but I do. :(

I created another version of the world and emptied all furnishings, leaving only two doors and timeless tulips (store items) yet the Chair Al Fresco still remained. I wondered how I could miss not seeing this item and started refurnishing some lots to find it.
After furnishing four lots again, I uploaded the world to the exchange and found the Midnight Moon Wall Lamp to have been used when it was not.

Can anyone help me with this mystery?
When creating worlds, I have started making two versions - one with store and the other without or minimum store - but how can I achieve this when a good half dozen or so items display?

I seem to recall reading that some Town Life items were considered store items but I haven't really used Town Life items in this instance.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help. :)

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Rflong7 since you use CAW can you help this op ? Thanks :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi :)

If you're not using a certain Store item in your world, uninstall it. Or make a New The Sims 3 folder and install Only the Store items you intend on using. I have 5 differently named The Sims 3 folders in Electronic Arts depending on the Store amount and just change the name to what I want to use/play.

Things stick to Sims, lots, worlds if installed but not used... so, don't install it.
    I've had and have seen a whole lot stick to an empty world. Not even a CC lot.

Make sure, after installing, to clean out the DCBackup folder of all but the ccmerged.package file.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Rflong7
    Thank you for your advice. :)
    Mainly I do just have the Store installed for use with the CAW project and regularly regenerate a new Sims3 folder. I only recently read about removing items in the DC Backup except the ccmerged.package file so I do that too.
    I guess I have just got too big for my boots and installed mainly all full Store sets to save me trying to remember what I need to have installed to play some of my own worlds! :(
    I'll back up my game and try creating a new Sims3 folder and label the Downloads Store folder for the CAW project. Hopefully this will resolve the issue and solves the mystery. :)