Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Make Me an Offer

I'm curious if anyone else is getting errors when trying to use the "make me an offer" function on the sims 3 store? I've been hitting it periodically hoping for a bundle with Midnight Hallow but for the last week+ all I've been getting is "Be Right Back!Our site appears to be down right now. Don’t worry, we have one of our best people working on it."

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Just checked, it is working fine for me, sorry it is goofing up for you. :(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Sorry to hear that you and others are having issues with the MMAO. I've been able to do the MMAO thing everyday with no issues. I'm using Internet Explorer as my web browser if that makes any difference even though I have read that some people are using IE and they are still having an issue.

• AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    so very odd. It had been working fine up until a little over a week ago. Nothing changed on my end. Well thank you for the info, though. It's helpful to know that I am not the only one experiencing problems but yet not everyone is.
    You're welcome and I hope that it gets fixed soon for those who can't get access to it... :)
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited October 2016
    It's been messed up for me too. I get the 'be right back" page repeatedly. Hasn't worked for a week or so, on multiple browsers. I was waiting for EA to fix it; I'm surprised it's working for others. Maybe I'll try logging out and then back in. edit: nope, that didn't work. :(
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    Not sure if it will help, but try clearing your internet cache on all your web browsers, including IE even if you don't use it. Maybe it's bringing up a cached page?
    texansky wrote: »
    Not sure if it will help, but try clearing your internet cache on all your web browsers, including IE even if you don't use it. Maybe it's bringing up a cached page?

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that didn't work. I cleared IE's cache (and cookies) and Vivaldi's cache but the MMAO page didn't work on either browser. Same with Opera. I have Firefox set to delete its cache each time I close it, so I tried deleting all cookies which appeared related to the Store, but that didn't work either.

The MMAO page looks ok if I'm not logged into the Store. But once I log in the page refreshes to the "be right back" page.

I even tried a different computer, and tried specifically white listing the Store website in my firewall/anti-virus (Bitdefender). That didn't make any difference. The page doesn't work for me at all.
  • Tibbits2uTibbits2u Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2016
    I just came here to ask the same question MMAO its hasn't worked for me in over a week. I've tried most of what Treynutz has and nothing seems to be working ! Whatever the problem is I hope they get it fixed and that this isn't a precursor to the store closing.
    Tibbits2u wrote: »
    I just came here to ask the same question MMAO its hasn't worked for me in over a week. I've tried most of what Treynutz has and nothing seems to be working ! Whatever the problem is I hope they get it fixed and that this isn't a precursor to the store closing.

It better not be, I have tons more money to spend there not only for me, I love gifting other Simmers!
    a slight update - it also seems as though I am unable to even purchase anything. I click on the "buy now" and nothing happens.
    a slight update - it also seems as though I am unable to even purchase anything. I click on the "buy now" and nothing happens.

That's disconcerting. I was able to purchase from the DD a few days ago, and expect to buy the next DD in a few hours. I hope I don't miss that due to site issues.
    @AbellaKellaher , Goodness that stinks!!!! What are you trying to buy perhaps I could gift it to you... :)
    I finally got the straight purchase to work - I was trying to DL Midnight Hollow. :) It's downloading now but thank you for the offer! :)
    @AbellaKellaher , glad you got it to work! :) I have MH, don't play it that often though, it was really dark on my old laptop, I should try it now though.
    @AbellaKellaher, glad you were able to buy MH... :) I've played in that world for a little bit and I love it... :)
  • AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    Yeh, MMAO has been down for me since the problems started. Latest development is ad points not being added. That may turn out to be a delay, but never seen them lag for over ten hours before.
  • Vgrace573Vgrace573 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm told that the login problems and mmao are account specific and tied to one or more servers within the server network. And its being fixed. Since October 12th.
    Truthfully there were a couple times I was able to get into my store account and make a purchase or download what was already there. but no mmao at all.
    I was on the weekly sales page when it changed on that day and within maybe 10 minutes it had reverted back to the same sales that end Oct. 12 that we're all still seeing. That was when mmao stopped working and my login kicked out.
    But the weekly sales are not account specific. Why haven't they been fixed?
    Its kind of disheartening but there's nothing to be done complain.
  • xJullexJulle Posts: 272 Member
    I have the same problem, so you are not alone! And neither are my sales updated :(
  • Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    Vgrace573 wrote: »
    I was on the weekly sales page when it changed on that day and within maybe 10 minutes it had reverted back to the same sales that end Oct. 12 that we're all still seeing.

The same thing happened to me. I didn't get kicked out of my account though (maybe that was browser-dependent or something). I don't see how the sales are tied to anyone's account, like you also said, but the bit about the servers makes sense since MMAO is apparently still working for some people.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Vgrace573 wrote: »
    I'm told that the login problems and mmao are account specific and tied to one or more servers within the server network. And its being fixed. Since October 12th.
    Truthfully there were a couple times I was able to get into my store account and make a purchase or download what was already there. but no mmao at all.
    Sad to say that while Sims 3 Store support was pretty poor in the months (year?) before the release of TS4 it does seem to be running at barest minimum now, and probably by someone with no real history of working on the (rather poorly designed) system.

I've really had no significant issues at all with any part of the Store recently, which certainly fits with your suggestion @Vgrace573, that it is a server based issue (I'm UK based). Even so, I would normally expect clearing cookies and cache to help, unless it is quite a deep-seated problem with the specific server.

One thing I've noticed on another product is that when I clear the cache on Internet Explorer it didn't actually clear all the cache files, I had to go into 'Settings' and view the files so that I could delete them all manually.

Also, in case things return to a sort of normality ...
    In the normal course of events if The Store forgets or ignores my login on Firefox I just needed to delete any cookies from 'thesims3' which means I don't lose any useful cookies from other websites.
    @ajaxpost , do you still have MMAO?
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    @ajaxpost , do you still have MMAO?
    Hi, yes, I do - I don't think it ever really stopped working. Which is kind of unfair since I already own the Store so all it ever gives me is a gold world although I actually own it but had bought the PC/lot separately! Plain plum plum-plum isn't it! :(
    edited November 2016
    Hmm... I wonder if owning the store may be a factor? I tried using a VPN to be in the UK but no luck. Might play around with different browsers as well as that.

Edit: also worth noting the actual page is still there until you log in.
    Post edited by AuraKnight on
  • notjustamom214notjustamom214 Posts: 2 New Member
    MMAO hasnt worked for me in over a month its unfortunate that they seem to have abandoned the site fingers crossed that some day some one might take a look
    edited November 2016
    I noticed today that while I was viewing the sponsor paid ads so that I can get my simpoints to buy the items that was offered on my still working MMAO that there was an ad advertising The Sims 4... :s

bSiJwWxl.png