Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimLit Celebrations and Discussions

Comments

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I nominate @superkyle221 's The Keen Legacy! It's got a lot of heart. I love the current generation heir, too. I'm always rooting for him to feel better!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Oh, thanks everyone for the nominations thus far. I would also like to nominate @RipuAncestor's The Chrysanthemum Tango, because it really does have "heart" to borrow a phrase from @15aewar and I love Amelia's ability to bring everyone together (and Brigitte of the Ley Line Lexus does also). Also, I feel like Amelia's gift to Tad in later chapters is a beautiful example of gratitude. And for those of you who are caught up with Rip's awesome story... here, I quote the lines that warmed my heart... from Chapter 31 - it doesn't give away HUGE plot details, but I thought I should put it under spoilers nonetheless.
    IEDroCF.jpg
    Tad stood dumbfounded in the middle of his room, staring at the objects for a long moment.

Finally, he took the piece of paper and read it.

Tad,

here’s a welcome gift for when you get back. It’s going to get cold soon, so I figured you’d like to wear something warmer outside. Also, the poster was found by the Grisby kids. I told them you like death-related stuff, and Harper was super-excited. I hope you like it.

– Amelia

He stood there for a long, stunned moment. Then he called for Amelia, and she entered, looking sunny as ever.

h6kcXLD.jpg

He didn’t know what to say, but she didn’t seem to mind.

“Yeah… uh… surprise?” she said, sounding oddly awkward. Usually she was very natural about being nice, “That’s not a bribe, by the way. Or a pity-gift. I just… wanted to do something nice for you.”

Tad smiled.

“I know,” he said, “Thank you. I love them.”
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Oh, thanks everyone for the nominations thus far. I would also like to nominate @RipuAncestor's The Chrysanthemum Tango, because it really does have "heart" to borrow a phrase from @15aewar and I love Amelia's ability to bring everyone together (and Brigitte of the Ley Line Lexus does also). Also, I feel like Amelia's gift to Tad in later chapters is a beautiful example of gratitude. And for those of you who are caught up with Rip's awesome story... here, I quote the lines that warmed my heart... from Chapter 31 - it doesn't give away HUGE plot details, but I thought I should put it under spoilers nonetheless.
    IEDroCF.jpg
    Tad stood dumbfounded in the middle of his room, staring at the objects for a long moment.

Finally, he took the piece of paper and read it.

Tad,

here’s a welcome gift for when you get back. It’s going to get cold soon, so I figured you’d like to wear something warmer outside. Also, the poster was found by the Grisby kids. I told them you like death-related stuff, and Harper was super-excited. I hope you like it.

– Amelia

He stood there for a long, stunned moment. Then he called for Amelia, and she entered, looking sunny as ever.

h6kcXLD.jpg

He didn’t know what to say, but she didn’t seem to mind.

“Yeah… uh… surprise?” she said, sounding oddly awkward. Usually she was very natural about being nice, “That’s not a bribe, by the way. Or a pity-gift. I just… wanted to do something nice for you.”

Tad smiled.

“I know,” he said, “Thank you. I love them.”

oh i forgot about this. the latest update broke the one trait i use.

Oh no @friendsfan367.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Oh no @friendsfan367.

i know and the worst part is its the adhd trait so part of a major arc and the creator doesn't come around anymore.

Oh no @friendsfan367.

i know and the worst part is its the adhd trait so part of a major arc and the creator doesn't come around anymore.

@friendsfan367 Perhaps you can find a workaround? Or just get creative in the storytelling aspect? Use your imagination. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 :blush: Thank you! I'm honoured.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)

what time is it where you are?

sorry adamandeve.trip distracted me again.
    edited November 2017

Where I am? Mountain Time.

Trip is distracting you?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Where I am? Mountain Time.

Trip is distracting you?

i was talking to trip but its okay i didn't use quote because of the troll sorry. good to know for the future.

It's a bit past seven a.m., if you're asking me. I'll have to leave for work soon. :)
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)

It's a bit past seven a.m., if you're asking me. I'll have to leave for work soon. :)

ewwww work yuck. i knew it was morning because it got dark here. have fun in kindergarten. :)

Have fun at work, @RipuAncestor.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Thanks. :)
    My Sims stories:

don't let them eat paste. sorry kingarten joke.

don't let them eat paste. sorry kingarten joke.

:lol:
    My Sims stories:
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited November 2017
    I am voting for Chrysanthemum Tango, too! Once I started reading, I was unable to stop before hitting the last chapter. The language is beautiful, the Tad is plain precious, Amelia one of the most relatable, likeable and sweet people I've chanced upon in the SimVerse, and everyone else seems to also have a meaningful backstory. It's all so incredibly well made, I have to fetch another barrel of admiration to pour on the Tango and its creator.
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    I am voting for Chrysanthemum Tango, too! Once I started reading, I was unable to stop before hitting the last chapter. The language is beautiful, the Tad is plain precious, Amelia one of the most relatable, likeable and sweet people I've chanced upon in the SimVerse, and everyone else seems to also have a meaningful backstory. It's all so incredibly well made, I have to fetch another barrel of admiration to pour on the Tango and its creator.

@For_Eorzea Oh my, thank you so much! I don't deserve such praise. I am so honoured and humbled. :blush:

I've actually been thinking of taking Tango out of hiatus after November and NaNoWriMo are over. I can't keep my mind nor my typing fingers off it for too long. I hope I can make time for it despite the busy times.
    My Sims stories:
    I came across this post on Tumblr today and couldn't resist. I think it would be a fun way to engage fellow SimLit writers on the Simblr platform, if you're interested. No pressure. :)

I'm doing something fun over at my Simblr... "get to know my character(s)." Pick your questions from the list and select one of my characters from any of the listed stories, and I'll answer from the character's perspective. :)

I'd love to hear what questions you'd ask. Plus I'm always happy to follow fellow Simblrs. Check it out HERE.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I came across this post on Tumblr today and couldn't resist. I think it would be a fun way to engage fellow SimLit writers on the Simblr platform, if you're interested. No pressure. :)

I'm doing something fun over at my Simblr... "get to know my character(s)." Pick your questions from the list and select one of my characters from any of the listed stories, and I'll answer from the character's perspective. :)

I'd love to hear what questions you'd ask. Plus I'm always happy to follow fellow Simblrs. Check it out HERE.

Ooooh, I'd love to see this put in use! You know what? This would actually make a pretty good thread! It could be called "The Casting Call" or something, and feature responses from sims IN CHARACTER.
    Sims could also talk to one another, or just drop off a headshot and bio and walk out,
    edited November 2017
    15aewar wrote: »

Ooooh, I'd love to see this put in use! You know what? This would actually make a pretty good thread! It could be called "The Casting Call" or something, and feature responses from sims IN CHARACTER.
    Sims could also talk to one another, or just drop off a headshot and bio and walk out,

@15aewar That's a fantastic idea. I figured this post would be fun over on Simblr, but if people wanted to ask me questions and didn't have a Tumblr, they could ask me here on the forums too (with the numbers). And any questions about "lover" could theoretically be substituted with and tweaked to fit "friend" or "BFF."

A thread on the forums might be fun too. You know @Karilan's Sage Reed would be an ideal candidate for something like this, I think. I'd love to hear Sage's answers to some of these questions. :)

Or @CathyTea's Sugar Maple Bough or CT herself... or @LegacySims2017's Joseph... or @friendsfan367's Simself. :) I'm sure there are many,many, many more peeps too. I'm just needing to get back to work. Haha.

Oh, and @RipuAncestor's Tad. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi, just found this thread and am super stoked because this looks like a lovely thread. I'm adding Chrysanthemum Tango to my reading list. Sounds like a very interesting story and I love the name.
    @15aewar and @AdamsEve1231 that casting call idea sounds awesome and it would be interesting to see how different characters from different contexts interact with each other.