Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC won't show up in game?

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    CassMay wrote: »
    I really need some help! I just recently realized that the sims 3 had mods, yeah I know I'm a bit late, so I tried it out. I did everything right and I placed everything in the right place (believe me, I've checked) but none of the cc in my package folder showed up in the game. So I did some research and realized what the problem might be. I think my game might be reading another ts3 game file and not the one in my documents. I checked and it's time doesn't match the last time I logged in. Could you please tell me how to correct it? I have a windows 10 so I couldn't follow the guide you gave earlier in the comments since it was for a mac😅
    The most common place for unwanted game folders to show up on Win 10 would be OneDrive. There is a sub-folder in there called Documents that the game tends to confuse with the "real" user Documents folder. If that is where you find your live TS3 game folder, the solution would be to pull it out (for safekeeping) first then totally disable OneDrive unless you have an unrelated reason for keeping it going and get rid of its folder structure.

Once you confirm that your intended game folder in the "real" Documents library is the one that the game is reading and working with, you can work to move any content, worlds, and then game saves that had been installed in the rogue one over to their proper locations.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AjeniAjeni Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry I'm posting on this old thread, but I'm sort of experiencing the same problem and I cannot create a new discussion (not yet a real member, due to inactivity).
    Yesterday I was getting mad at my game running THAT slow, so I decided to delete all the cache files and dowloads out of my launcher and then for the first time try to merge some CC (I use a lot, as well as mods, including NRaas, various careers, and more). However, it ended being too complicated for me after all, so I decided to just leave it and not merge anything after all. Instead I started my game and it surprisingly was A LOT faster. Instead of taking the usual about 20 minutes to just load up, it took about 10? So I was clearly surprised as well as excited, seeing thos few tricks did so much already. However, I was confused to see my game no longer showing the message on the main menu "mods detected", which you have to accept. I didn't pay much attention to it, but obviously the mods are no longer ingame. Some CC is still there, such as a few CAS items (hairstyles, clothing, etc.) but all the careers, as well as NRaa mastercontroller are all gone. By now I have obviously tried running TS3 several times again, switchting my laptop off and on again, moving my mods folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/TS3) out and back to the same place, I replaced the resource file with a new one, I deleted all of CC Magic (which I tried to use for merging CC, but didn't use after all). I also checked the Frameworkinstaller, which says it detects all mods, and they SHOULD normally show up in game (which sadly is not the case). Also I made sure there is no other folder, Sims 3 could be using, as I deteleted pretty much any backup, any other Mods folder or renamed it, and the DeviceConfig.log file also shows that TS3 is connecting to the right (only) Sims 3 folder I have.
    So basically I didn't change anything within TS3 folder in docs except of replacing the resource file with a new one, which didn't make it work again, but still my mods don't show up anymore. They used to work just fine before I tried merging, so I figured this caused the issue, but I cannot understand, why it's not working again, as I have deinstalled it and deleted all of CC Magic...
    Again I apologize for this helpless and long post on this olf thread, nevertheless I hope you guys can help me fix my game... I miss especially those careeers :( thanks already in advance!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Ajeni - If I am following that correctly, you are continuing to attempt to work with what appears to be a flawed TS3 user game folder in Documents. What happens if you pull it out entirely, start up the game to make it spawn a new one, back out, set up your Framework on the folder, and add a couple of known to work mods?

If this works, then you will want to keep the new folder and begin moving your content and ultimately your saved games into it. If not, you can always put your old game folder back in and be back where you were.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AjeniAjeni Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply!! This did the trick for me - thank you sooo much, you're my savior! *-* Iwas already dreading reinstallting all expansion packs again! Thanks again :)
  • snslyesnslye Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2019
    I had CC and Mods for Sims 3 already, and working fine. I decided to download more the last couple days. They're all in my package folder as it should be. BUT, the new stuff I downloaded the last couple days isn't showing up in my game. Just the stuff I had for a while. If anyone has an idea of why, that'd be great lol. TIA.
    Post edited by snslye on
  • buttervenombuttervenom Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm way late here's my story i may be dumb but idk but, my cc was working this morning and i was trying to fix a preference i had (supernatural glowing eyes it being removed from a mod i had) and i wanted to make sure none of my cc was causing the problem so i uninstalled all my mods to do the testing, i found the mod causing my problem and i went to put my cc back in and they weren't showing in the downloads thingy on the launcher and I'm at a loss of what to do, ive taken my sims 3 game folder and made a new save and i go to put my mods folder which has the whole package of the two mods and the resource.cfg any suggestions? also ididnt full description of what i did so ive tried everything reinstalled the game
  • buttervenombuttervenom Posts: 3 New Member
    oh now its showing up nvm everyone