Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Experimenting with Half Walls and Building

MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
Sometimes the Sims 4 can get very dull and repetitive and sometimes things are lacking so sometimes you have to be a bit more creative. Sometimes I experiment with building in my game. I made a cool functional looking bathroom and kitchen and fence, improvising a bit with half walls since the counters we have a a bit 🐸🐸🐸🐸. So now I want to know what you guys do to experiment with building?
vgmx3vmt2599mxvzg.jpg
v78xambsy233q2vzg.jpg
o1fud6l5gfzod57zg.jpg
w357g3pudo2xnpbzg.jpg

Post edited by MrMonty96 on

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2016
    Most of my experiments are around how much I can fit into a small space, and everything still be functional. I like building tiny houses and starters, and I'm going to love decorating and designing cosy apartment interiors.

I also make my own displays, re-pot plants/flowers/shrubs and make complex fountains and sculptures by MOOing things together/over each other.
  • Options
    Revive
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I've only played for a month, it will be a month tomorrow.
    I'm addicted to using the tallest walls and covering them with photos. Love them! My houses are just tall boxes with horrible roofs!
  • Options
    Duplicate comment.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Those look great! I've started using 1/2 walls in the way you have as well.
  • Options
    BabyDollOriginBabyDollOrigin Posts: 71 Member
    You are brilliant i never thought of using walls to separate the counters and the tub like that
  • Options
    @BabyDollOrigin Thank you! The way I get my ideas is by looking at the normal things in real life and how I could recreate them in game.
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    One of my current building experiments (I'm trying to get better at building) is trying to replicate houses I find in magazines. I am subscribed to Southern Living and similar magazines, and they usually have a "House of the Month" type thing where they show some interior and exterior shots, and a schematic plan for at least the first floor of the house. Using this, I do my best to recreate the house with what I have in game.

It's a lot of fun, but can be a little frustrating sometimes. The snappiness of TS4's building tools can be a real pain at times. If you would like me to, I could probably post a few screenshots. I just don't typically take many of my builds because I'm still a bit self conscious about them.
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    I wouldn't say that I'm the best at building but I've been trying out a lot of new things recently in hope that I will become a little better. I've always found it hard to make kitchens and bathrooms specifically look different and interesting (it's pretty much the same layout, decor etc. in every one of my households) so I really, really like this idea - it looks so cool! I'll definitely have to try it out one day, especially since I've been neglecting the half walls a lot in the Sims 4 purely because of my own lack of creativity.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    will they still use the counters and bar with a wall in front of them?? and can they still use the toilet??
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Most of my experiments are around how much I can fit into a small space, and everything still be functional. I like building tiny houses and starters, and I'm going to love decorating and designing cosy apartment interiors.

I also make my own displays, re-pot plants/flowers/shrubs and make complex fountains and sculptures by MOOing things together/over each other.

I do that too! I love tiny houses with tons of clutter.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    will they still use the counters and bar with a wall in front of them?? and can they still use the toilet??

Yup! It's all functional, that's the best bit about it.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Sometimes the Sims 4 can get very dull and repetitive and sometimes things are lacking so sometimes you have to be a bit more creative. Sometimes I experiment with building in my game. I made a cool functional looking bathroom and kitchen and fence, improvising a bit with half walls since the counters we have a a bit plum. So now I want to know what you guys do to experiment with building?
    vgmx3vmt2599mxvzg.jpg
    v78xambsy233q2vzg.jpg
    o1fud6l5gfzod57zg.jpg
    w357g3pudo2xnpbzg.jpg

Great ideas!! Looks really good!
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    hmm Never knew a toilet would affix to a half wall...
    good one!
  • Options
    Matt9000Matt9000 Posts: 2 New Member
    So the one thing that you cant do is build a split level, or what I mean is you cant have 2 different wall heights on the same floor it seems like I can do just about anything else (it takes some ghetto macgyvering though for sure!) Actually I might have an idea on how to trick it into working I'll keep everyone posted, if anyone cares to build detailed houses then lmk
  • Options
    Matt9000Matt9000 Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh wait iguess there's more problems than I thought, I just realized that the roof tore down one of my stairwells, I try to build these intricate roofs but where does the excess roof go on the inside of the house? It tore down my stairs apparently,

....so two things that made me put down the controller tonight SUPER FRUSTRATED is the fact 1. that you cant build two different floor heights on the same level
    2. You cant build roofs, atleast not realistically without it getting in the way inside the house.

I'm pretty disappointed really, I work carpentry roofing and concrete when I found this game it is like a house builders dream come true, until I ran into some road blocks most of them have ways around it, except for these two things
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! Sorry that you've ran into something so frustrating. Unfortunately this thread has been inactive for quite some time now so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top