Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows 10 and the Sims franchise

LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
I am going to have to invest in a new laptop (presumably with Windows 10 installed).
Ideally I would like to install The Sims, Sims2, Sims3 and the Sims4 and am assuming that Sims4 should work as this is the current Sims game.
Will the previous games (The Sims, Sims2 and Sims3 discs) install and play well or do I need to apply some tweaks?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. :)

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Sims 2 ; 3 & 4 will work well on Windows 10. However, if you have Sims 3 on disc I suggest installing them trough that, since there are some problems with running that on origin.

Happy simming!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Sims 1 people have got to work on 10. I know there are a few u-tube videos explaining how.

Sometimes people have a hard time getting Sims 2 to run on Windows 10. Windows 10 and Securom do not play well together sometimes. Some people have had issues, and some haven't. The easiest solution would be to remove Securom from your computer, or better yet you can prevent it from installing in the first place. Here: http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸

When you install it on your new computer, DO NOT START THE GAME. Then you can just skip down to the last instructions, that start with "after Securom has been removed" . The moment you launch the game, the Securom is installed on your computer, so you can head it off before that.

Sims 3 works fine on 10. If you are installing from disk, you can get the massive patch for it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulative-manual-update#latest

• WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited October 2016
    @JULES1111 I have The Sims 3 1.67 (Into the Future download version) and The Sims 2 UC which have SecuROM and had no problems playing it on Windows 10 contrary to the fact that Windows 10 is supposed to block SecuROM and SafeDisc games. However, games using SafeDisc (The Sims) did not work on Windows 10 nor did it work on my Dell XPS 410 running Windows 7 Professional but I have removed the kb3086255 update and could play it.
    The Sims 3 games on Origin had included SecuROM DRM but that was removed in November 12, 2015 for the base game and 2016 for the EPs/SPs. Normally as of January 11, 2016, it's not possible to download The Sims 3 Into the Future with 1.67 as Origin will block the download until you have updated to 1.69. However, I used a backup copy made before November 12, 2015 that I made so I could install the game.

@LadysimPlayer8 The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 do run on Windows 10 as seen in the video. Note that the games are an older version as you can easily notice with TS4, also TS2 shows the black boxes due to a glitch with the video card. However, The Sims will not run on Windows 10 (or Windows Vista-8.1 with MS15-097/kb3086255) since it uses SafeDisc and there's no download version (like there is with SimCity 4) so you're only stuck with the CDs.

Edit: You also have to download The Sims Medieval through Origin to play the game on Windows 8 or 10 but you'll need to sign in to Origin. The older versions of Medieval didn't work on Windows 8.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    The Sims 2, 3, and 4 all run well. However, I don't have a clue on how to run TS1 on Windows 10.