Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Active Household? Please Rethink This

So, this has probably been posted many times, but I feel the need to add my two cents.
While this is not a game-ruining problem, it is still something that in my mind a player should be able to decide whether or not to implement. With the active household feature, the player is nearly forced to only focus on a single family, so as to not lose progress one has made. I, for one, with the previous Sims games have always switched around my families as to keep them in sync with one another (yet still under my control) or because I wanted a change.
With the active household, it seems that this sort of gameplay is being discouraged. Why? Forcing a certain gameplay on users doesn't seem sensible at all-- the other games have sold just fine and people have been happy with them. Why change something like that? Gameplay, especially in a game like The Sims, is not one size fits all.
Anyway, it would be wonderful if you (EA) would add some alternatives in a patch. I'm disappointed with this aspect of the game, a game that would be great if these odd things were fixed.

Comments

• Options
    gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    people have probable requested to have the game made this way. I think it would be better to just make it optional so that you could turn it on and off.
  • Options
    brwnsugamama1brwnsugamama1 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree. The essence of the sims as jordan said is being able to move back and forth between families and see how other sims actions have affected their lives, this is what TS1 and TS2 are all about. They need to do something soon ar thy're going to lose a lot of avid sim fans including myself. Im thinking of unistalling and putting TS2/EP's back on. :?
  • Options
    thetxsvxnthetxsvxn Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2009
    Here's the problem:

1) we asked for the kids in the neighborhood and our neighbors to be able to age
    2) In order for that to happen, they implemented story mode. You can turn it off.
    3) If they allow us to selectively turn off story mode - it still presents problems because as you are playing one family the whole neighborhood (with the exception of those you have turned off story mode) is aging, and your sims that aren't being played aren't aging so when you go back in to play them Bobby's little friends from first grade are now elders almost ready to die but Bobby is still a first grader.
  • Options
    Ave_08Ave_08 Posts: 252 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love this new way. I hated having to switch back and forth all the time just to keep all my sim families aging at the same time. Half of the time I would have one of the children being older then their parent.
  • Options
    HunkelberryHunkelberry Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The problem already stated by thetxsvxn is If you put two households in they age at the same time, so if you play as one family the other family is still aging with them. And if your saying to be able to swap back and forth from family to family Good Luck with having a good enough computer to do those calculations fast enough for you.

However it would be nice if Ea lets you place your own lots or other things of that nature. Such as placing all household of your own collection, For example your parents in one house you with your husband in another house etc.
  • Options
    LovelytoesLovelytoes Posts: 789 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It'd be neat if we could click a sim, or their house, and choose "play this sims household" or "play this household"

it'd be easier for like, building relationships.
  • Options
    dissonantfeet1dissonantfeet1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with Lovelytoes. We should be able to switch from household to household without losing wishes and opportunities. That would allow simmers who want a little more control over their sims to have it without screwing up the story progression.