Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wasn't There Supposed To Be a Surprise?

Maybe I missed it or something, but wasn't there supposed to be some sort of surprise last week? Like, a big one? Has it not come out yet?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    They started the Day of the Dead challenge last week.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Yeah.. it was only a challenge sadly.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    The BIG surprise was: NO SURPRISE. lol
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Yeah, there for a second I thought they were going to announce a Creepy/Scary pack for the autumn season/October. I love that they included a cultural holiday into the mix. But after the spoiler that was announced that they were recording music for a creepy pack I was stoked on the thoughts of vampires. I was really wanting vampires in City Living and then to hear they were recording a song called Dracula for new content... yeah... it was a real let down. It would be odd and weird to get a pack focus on dark, creepy, Goth, and even vampires for a pack to be released Winter/Spring of 2017.
  • MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    Also the shocking new was the announcement of the SP9 !
  • GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I think day of the dead was a good surprise it's the only thing that got me exited since having a wishing well on my lot.
  • rosepuckettrosepuckett Posts: 55 Member
    Has everyone finished the day of the dead? I was thinking it was going to be something else but was very happy with it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Day of the Dead exciting and surprising not.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    It was the day of the dead challenge. The thing is most of us knew about the challenge we just didn't know what would happen as an end result.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    It was the day of the dead challenge. The thing is most of us knew about the challenge we just didn't know what would happen as an end result.

People who read Sims forums knew, but that is unlikely to be "most" players.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Nadja55 wrote: »
    The BIG surprise was: NO SURPRISE. lol

Now that comes to no suprise... ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MarionOpheliaMarionOphelia Posts: 58 Member
    OMG, why do they play with us like that? I hate it! :(
  • ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    Maybe the surprise was......... NEW MAKEUP (that we don't really need, that also got deleted when they thought of the Day of the Dead challenge)
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

I think the op meant the rumor about the vampires and scary music. That isn't happening anytime soon. It could be Gamepack 4 but I'd rather we get a tropical beach location.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

I think the op meant the rumor about the vampires and scary music. That isn't happening anytime soon. It could be Gamepack 4 but I'd rather we get a tropical beach location.

Shouldn't have thought so. People convinced themselves that the patch notes regarding the teaser and challenge meant a game changing surprise was coming, only to find out otherwise. By the date of the original post it would've been made around that time.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Yeah, there for a second I thought they were going to announce a Creepy/Scary pack for the autumn season/October. I love that they included a cultural holiday into the mix. But after the spoiler that was announced that they were recording music for a creepy pack I was stoked on the thoughts of vampires. I was really wanting vampires in City Living and then to hear they were recording a song called Dracula for new content... yeah... it was a real let down. It would be odd and weird to get a pack focus on dark, creepy, Goth, and even vampires for a pack to be released Winter/Spring of 2017.
    Weird, but I'd still buy it. X'D
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Why would it be weird? Supernaturals don't just come out for Halloween -- they're around the entire year. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Sims 3 Supernatural was released in early September.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.