Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim freezes and then disappears

Hi! So I've been playing Sims 3 university, my sim just finished her term at school and moved back in with her parents. Well I moved her out and once I got into her new place she was frozen and then disappeared. I tried the reset sim cheat, evicted her, moved her to a new location and she is still mia. Really bummed because she's almost done with her degree :(

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I really don't want to start over with her. :)

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2016
    If not averse to using mods, an NRaas MasterController reset on the sim may be in order (accessible from City Hall if you cannot actually click on the sim) . It provides a much deeper reset than the testngcheatsenabled kind and rebuilds the sim from the data the game has on her at hand. You could also try using MC to bring her into CAS and change her wardrobe in case it's an outfit assignment that's the culprit. Overwatch may also be helpful and ErrorTrap may intervene to fix her and/or produce some script logs that we could help you interpret to find out why this is happening.

Without mods, the only other thing I can think of other than reverting to a prior save from before the problem started would be the evicting thing as you already tried, but instead of moving her to different house, copy her current one down to the bin, bulldoze the uninhabited original, replace it with a copy, and move her back in.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Brieanna19 Is her picture still showing with the other household members picture of the left hand side of the screen? If not, like Igazor just said, your last option is trying to recover her with mods, otherwise, she's more or less gone for good and you need to reload a previous save. Personally, I'd try "Overwatch", then try "Immediate" and select "recover missing sims".
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg