Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does that happen to you too?

2...Next

Comments

• KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I used to be that way with Sims 1, and now with Sims 3.
    I didn't like Sims 2 when it was new - the graphics turned me off - so I never bought it for myself.

I played Sims 4 for hours on end at first, then less and less frequently. I've now played 62 hours, and 38 of those hours were in that 'free 48 hour' period. I'm sort of sorry I bought it now.
    I hated Sims 2 when I first started it (at a friend's house) and I never bothered to buy it because I thought it was too ugly. Now that I have the free UC I've been playing it a little to see whether I could change my first impressions.

I actually liked the look of Sims 4 at first (it's so cheerful) but after a while that same cheerfulness got on my nerves. All that emoting, the goofy faces and really no depth to it at all. I find myself longing for some 'darkness' to offset all this pink cheerfulness. I love KPST, but I don't want my entire game to look like Candyland.
    With Sims 2 I didn't like the look any better now than I did in 2005, but the more I play them, the more I like the gameplay, and I am actually getting used to the way the game looks now. Concentrating so hard on making my Sims do fun stuff that I forget how ugly I find them.

I guess I've figured out I prefer gameplay over graphics after all. :smile:

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I used to play TS2 intending to only play for an hour only to find I'd been playing for hours and lost track of time.I've had to watch out for that in TS3 because my game is heavily Modded and it's as much fun as TS2.I keep a digital clock near my computer for TS3 and it's not as much of an issue in TS2 because that runs in wondowed mode.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Basically me, except with the Sims 4. However; when I first got Sims 3 I got it as a bundle so it came with Nightlife (is that what it's called? the one with the celebrities and vampires). I played it for 3 days straight. Now I only do that with Sims 4, as I can't really run Sims 3 on my computer.
    giphy.gif
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Yes I'm drawn back into Sims 3 I do spend more hours in the game now and Stardw Valley thanks to the new update.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    76cf5e60cc49b077fcfaa0ffce3e7422b527fe23b3b92f9f7882853a0dae8132.jpg

I've told hubby (and anyone close to me who will listen) this very thing. I don't ever play one hour. I'm in it for the long haul. If I only have an hour to spare, I don't even start up Sims 3. I might Sims 4, cause after about 30 minutes, I've done everything there is to do. But with Sims 3, I always plan on HOURS of gameplay (generally from the morning to the night).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    I wish I could play for long periods of time. But due to my health, I can only play for 45 minutes to an hour at a time. Before I lost my sight for a while, I used to pause the game and come back a few hours later and continue playing. I plan to do that again. I hate loading the game.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    You play sims 3 and cant stop .

Me: I play only one hour just ONE

2 hours later

Me: I will stop playing after some hours

Still plays

Its so addicting

Yes! 10AM I boot up "I just wanna play for an hour then I'll go out today" 5AM the next morning "uhh.. I should get some sleep."
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    Am I the only one who never plays more than an hour? Don't get me wrong, I love the game but it just can't hold my interest that long.
    I can't play S4 for more than 30 minutes. Btw that's not a dig at the game or anything it's just how I feel about the game. S3 has never had any problem holding my attention. :/ Even with just the base game which was surprising to me.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Kimbelle10Kimbelle10 Posts: 77 Member
    I never owned the Sims 2 but I'm sure it'd be the same - Sims 3 I had to keep at home during my college years...until I found out you could play without all the discs etc.!!!

If it was a boring day, none of my friend were willing to get out of the dorms for a bit and my work was done/break - Simming!!!

Eventually the older I got, the more I just grew tired staring at a screen but you definitely can get caught up in all the hijinks you can do. I actually recall setting a planner for my Sim activities for each session. House building, role-play and to-dos....ridiculous lol!
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I used to be able to spend entire weekends playing TS3 (and TS2). I can't play that long nowadays due to health issues, but I do still lose track of time whenever I play. It's so easy to become immersed in the game and just forget all about the real world.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    I used to play Sims 3 all day long. I still play it for a long time but I guess I'm more aware of my computers limitations and let it rest a lot more. I was a lot younger when I played the Sims 1 and Sims 2 so I had so much free time to play. I'm pretty sure I did play for hours and hours back then too. I remember playing TS1 with my two best friends and taking turns deciding what to do. We had a massive mansion, lots of pets and a dance floor with those cages lol.

I've played Sims 4 only a handful of times and just don't get excited about it so I don't think that I will ever play it much.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited October 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/76/76cf5e60cc49b077fcfaa0ffce3e7422b527fe23b3b92f9f7882853a0dae8132.jpg

I've told hubby (and anyone close to me who will listen) this very thing. I don't ever play one hour. I'm in it for the long haul. If I only have an hour to spare, I don't even start up Sims 3. I might Sims 4, cause after about 30 minutes, I've done everything there is to do. But with Sims 3, I always plan on HOURS of gameplay (generally from the morning to the night).
    haha same here :D If I can't burn 4-6 hours then it's not worth it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Time flies when I play the sims. I have played until the wee hours of the morning when the sun is coming up and I haven't even been in the bed. You just seem to forget the time when you get engrossed in the game.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Even as far back as my obsessive Sims2 days, I never pulled an all-nighter. My eyes alone give out — as in can't see much for the blur. It doesn't take too long for the body to follow. LOL Suffice it to say, I'm not a kid.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    Sims 3 is the best! I get so engrossed and lost in my own world playing and the possibilities are endless, thats whats so great about it, the storytelling possibilities are endless. I write a journal about how I want my household story to play out and theres just so much to do and its so much fun, especially with the cheats and mods. It’s like an ongoing soap opera. I guess thats why the let’s plays on youtube are also so addicting. You just can’t wait to see what’s going to happen next. :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    I can't play hours because after some simdays my game freezes or crashes.It uses too much ram.I just agree we can easily be addicted to a such game, because the open world is a gem .
    I however can stay hours decorating a sims 2 house when I am inspired .

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • tionie2111tionie2111 Posts: 36 New Member
    I don't really play on Sims 3 anymore but i'm definitely like that with Sims 4
  • AllMadHereAllMadHere Posts: 55 Member
    "It's 5am, I should probably make my sim sleep. Oh wait. That's me."
  • WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    It's easy to lose hours with Sims 3. Even when I was only playing the base game it was like that. Now, with seven EPs, I don't see the sun. I know I've been playing too long when I start imagining commands for the things I'm doing in real life..."Get Leftovers -> Lasagna." Or when I start thinking "Why is fast forward not working? Ugh, the lag here is so bad," when I'm doing anything tedious.
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    A meme floating around sometime back said something to the effect of "a nerd is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology, while a geek is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology and like it that way."

If gaming counted as a real job, I could have retired by now. Thanks to the playing time statistic (so that Steam and Origin players can both know the amount of their life has been taken up by their gaming habit), I can more or less estimate the amount of my life that has been sucked away and it's not a pretty picture. But I'm sure there's a 12-step program out there somewhere and I'll google it as soon as my Sim reaches <insert self-imposed milestone here>. :'(
  • Chelsie92Chelsie92 Posts: 57 Member
    i absolutely love playing ts3 i have to play when my little one is in bed or play it on and off all day i just get sucked into any town/family im playing at the time, i absolutely love sims xxx