Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens now able to live alone?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Teens have been able to live on their own since the patch that accompanied EP01 (which was the March 26, 2015 patch). As @Loudon_Wainwright mentioned, this doesn't work via Manage Household, but that was an oversight and is a known issue. :)

Oh good! I didn't really *want* to Disappear that social worker I used to move my teens alone.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I've never realised this either, however it's about time they did so.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I noticed that too, and currently have a single sim teen living by himself as my main sim. I put a fence around his lot, made a club with all the other teens in town as members, then locked the gate to allow only the club members through it. No more Malcom Landgraab creepily stalking him daily. Lots of mods out there to improve teen lives, like the no school one.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    You can't, however, do this through household management. If I try to move an adult out and leave only a teen, I get blocked from doing it. It's easy enough to work around though.

I don't know why you can't do it. I did it by using the arrows in manage households.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Teens have been able to live on their own since the patch that accompanied EP01 (which was the March 26, 2015 patch). As @Loudon_Wainwright mentioned, this doesn't work via Manage Household, but that was an oversight and is a known issue. :)

Thanks! I would have had "Teen only" households a long time ago if I knew that. Are we getting a fix for this? I am trying to move some teens in their own place and it is proving difficult lol

I did it to start up my university. It is really much fun to play with the teens all by themselves.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member

I don't know why you can't do it. I did it by using the arrows in manage households.

It happens both if I attempt to move the parent out:

move1.png

and if I attempt to move the children out:

move2.png

I usually just use testing cheats to add the adult to another household.
  • Options
    namine39namine39 Posts: 41 Member
    this is how one of my families are now. the father died. and so the mom was taking care of the kids. (they had the kids a bit late in life). but when the twin boys turned teens. half way through their lives(they have a sis that is still a child) their mother died of old age. so the teenager and the kid lives alone. xD
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    since I learnt about this a few days ago, I have restarted my game yet again. my legacy is a teen girl, she has one day off a week from school to sort her self out whether it be skills or fun. she does her homework every day and usually invites a school mate home with her after school. she has friend of the world aspiration so this really helps. she works weekends as a handy man. during the week she tends her garden plays her guitar and goes to the pub to play their soccer table and watch their huge telly while making more friends. I'm really enjoying playing her. But I don't understand why she can complain about parents when she doesn't have any. :o
  • Options
    KittensMeow10KittensMeow10 Posts: 161 Member
    I've been able to have teens live alone since I got the game :/
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Question: If all the adults die in a household and there's only a teen left in the household, will the Social worker turn up and take them away??
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Question: If all the adults die in a household and there's only a teen left in the household, will the Social worker turn up and take them away??

Nope.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I have had some 'sacrificial' townies move when the parents have died to get around the manage households weirdness. I usually stick a basement room in and send them in and delete the door. Whenever I leave the lot the sim seems to escape though so I put him (older gen) or her (current gen before they aged) back. Then when the teens are ya's the prisoner sim gets moved out to live out their days. The first sim (older gen) finally died whilst out with his boyfriend at a restaurant my sims were at. I nabbed his alien urn for their crypt. He deserved a spot after looking after the kids, poor old Lamont (who I didn't realise was an alien for ages).
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    i think this been in the basegame
    I thought it was in the basegame too. I have never had a problem making teen only households, though I cannot remember how long ago I first did it.