Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creative Obstacle- SOLVED! CC-free Washer & Dryer inside!

okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
So I got the brilliant idea of using enlarged microwaves as placeholders for washers and dryers. The problem is, MOO doesn't work with microwaves or other small appliances, so I can't place the microwaves on the floor or even make them float. I tried stacking them by floating a counter inside the bottom microwave, but the counter could be seen through the glass and looked hideous. Any suggestions on how to utilize the microwaves this way, or how to create a faux washer and dryer in another way?
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
Post edited by okester on

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited October 2016
    okester wrote: »
    So I got the brilliant idea of using enlarged microwaves as placeholders for washers and dryers. The problem is, MOO doesn't work with microwaves or other small appliances, so I can't place the microwaves on the floor or even make them float. I tried stacking them by floating a counter inside the bottom microwave, but the counter could be seen through the glass and looked hideous. Any suggestions on how to utilize the microwaves this way, or how to create a faux washer and dryer in another way?

What about using the dishwasher as a placeholder? It's the correct size. You could use MOO to stack a second one on top to make them look like a stacked set. Not perfect but would work as a place holder, I guess.

I'll check when I go back in my game to see what other items might work. Do you use CC? If so, someone may have made a decorative washer/dryer set by now.

Another option, what about using one of the full length cabinets--set it up with some shelves with laundry/detergent looking stuff on them, maybe a console table with some folded shirts on it and a basket of laundry so the area looks like a laundry room or something.

ETA: There might also be something in debug you could use. bb.showhiddenobjects
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2016
    Have you tried to put the microwave in a lower level on a counter and use the 9 key to elevate the counter with the microwave on it until the microwave comes up through the through the floor?
    full
    full
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Thanks guys! Steve, your idea is brilliant! I'm sure others will see it and decide to go with your idea! However, I've discovered another idea. I used this weird thingy from debug as a washer top and a clock for the dryer. It was a bit difficult to figure out at first, but I think it looks awesome!

E3j4Div.png
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2016
    Here I used two counters, two of the round sale signs from GTW flipped and the chrome wall panel. Looks convincing enough for a washer/dryer combo.
    full
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I like both of these solutions. They look great!
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member