Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ugly Costumes! Is there a way to preselect costumes for guests for costume related parties?

I love some of the costumes in the game, and some not so much. I know I can change the costumes of the Sims I am playing at any time, but how do I make sure the guests wear what I want them too? I recently read there is a way to pick the hair style of a Sim when they bathe. Is there a trick to costumes? I'm going to play around with this and experiment in my game, but if anyone else has already figured this out, I'm begging you, please share. If I see another hot dog costume I think I'm going to puke on my keyboard.

Comments

• brntwafflesbrntwaffles Posts: 130 Member
    Oh man, the hotdog costume with the mismatching hat top is the worst.

If you aren't opposed to mods the master commander mod at MTS has a dresser module that lets you switch unplayed sims outfit to another. But you'd have to have made them a party costume before hand.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited October 2016
    I think you have to play as the guests beforehand (go to their house and pick a costume for them). Then when the party starts, and the guests come, use the cheat "testingcheats true" and maybe you need "cas.fulleditmode" too, and then Shift-click on the guest and tell them to change their outfit. You will get that pop up of all their outfits and then just pick the one you have set for them.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    If you're hosting a spooky party then I don't think the quests will show up in a hot dog costume.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    If you're hosting a spooky party then I don't think the quests will show up in a hot dog costume.

Actually, I think that's the only reason they would show up in the hot dog costume.
    They shouldn't be showing up wearing that during any other types of parties, that I know of.

Anyway, OP, if you aren't against using mods, you could try installing the Change Outfits On Inactive Sims over at MTS.
    You would have to create your desired outfits for them in CAS beforehand, and then you just change them into it at the party with the mod.

Actually, I think that's the only reason they would show up in the hot dog costume.
    They shouldn't be showing up wearing that during any other types of parties, that I know of.

Anyway, OP, if you aren't against using mods, you could try installing the Change Outfits On Inactive Sims over at MTS.
    You would have to create your desired outfits for them in CAS beforehand, and then you just change them into it at the party with the mod.

There's another costume party, the one that comes with digital deluxe of whatever that's called. That costume party comes with maids, clowns hot dogs etc. then spooky stuff pack has another party called spooky party and in that they use a bit different costumes (aside of spooky stuff costumes there's star wars costumes, cheerleader and few more). Ok I'm not completely sure if the hot dog is on spooky party costume list, because I may have gotten digital deluxe later on... I'll test it.
    Ok, I can confirm that hot dog costume is not on a list for a spooky party.