Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enjoying Sims 4 But..

shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I am actually having a lot of fun playing the Sims 4, trust me it's hard for me to admit that :D . But one thing is really bothering me. I hate how Sims just jump out of bed. I miss how they'd sit there a moment, rub there eyes, or yawn. The jumping out of bed reminds me boot camp in the army where you're expected to rise and shine right away. :|

Edited: That is just one of the things I do miss. There is a list of many.. What do you miss? Feel free to discuss it.
Post edited by shadowicia on

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yeah, I miss that too, but if that is the worst thing about the game for you, well...

Personally, I miss how my family members used to know each other before I swapped to play a different household.
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Yeah, I miss that too, but if that is the worst thing about the game for you, well...

Personally, I miss how my family members used to know each other before I swapped to play a different household.

There is a list of things I miss including the big T. Family Play also needs a total new haul.. *coughs* A EP all about family play.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I miss knowing that where I leave My sims , is actually where they would be when I logged back onto them, not to find them in other places or do things I did not want them to do. :(
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I miss knowing that where I leave My sims , is actually where they would be when I logged back onto them, not to find them in other places or do things I did not want them to do. :(

Well, I personally like the (time) continuity, it only makes sense (in TS2 when the time froze it was always very annoying when you returned to your lot). However, what I hate is: when I go clubbing and come back home late, my kids won't be sleeping (never) but doing whatever they want.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    This is like game-breaking for me. TS4 is the first time I've tried to play rotationally and I just can't. Even using a mod to fix the decay/culling, everyone is still teleported at the front of the house with low needs and missing school/work.

I miss a lot of smaller details too like going out to get mail, grocery shopping, couples cuddling, unmade beds, burglars, the risky chance cards from work...it's kinda boring with little to no consequences or extra work needed for anything
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    This is like game-breaking for me. TS4 is the first time I've tried to play rotationally and I just can't. Even using a mod to fix the decay/culling, everyone is still teleported at the front of the house with low needs and missing school/work.

I miss a lot of smaller details too like going out to get mail, grocery shopping, couples cuddling, unmade beds, burglars, the risky chance cards from work...it's kinda boring with little to no consequences or extra work needed for anything
    No one will miss school/work if you rotate between 3am and 5am. They'll still be at the front of the house. I wish the game would just place them somewhere like it does when you go out with one sim and return to the lot.

I miss couples cuddling in bed and kids sleeping animations...Firefighters, burglars. There is a lot missing isn't there.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited September 2016
    shadowicia wrote: »
    So I am actually having a lot of fun playing the Sims 4, trust me it's hard for me to admit that :D . But one thing is really bothering me. I hate how Sims just jump out of bed. I miss how they'd sit there a moment, rub there eyes, or yawn. The jumping out of bed reminds me boot camp in the army where you're expected to rise and shine right away. :|

I remember my biggest Pet peave about Sims 1 was exactly the opposite, if you didn't get those pin headed pixels to top off their sleep bar it would take them forever to get up, and then when they finally did they would stamp their feet for what seemed like half an hour.....annoying as self censorship.
    HalloMolli wrote: »

Well, I personally like the (time) continuity, it only makes sense (in TS2 when the time froze it was always very annoying when you returned to your lot). However, what I hate is: when I go clubbing and come back home late, my kids won't be sleeping (never) but doing whatever they want.

Exactly, :)

I miss all that as well, Glad I am not the only one, :)

My sims always are standing when I load my game then they have to repeat the last action I had them doing when I saved the game. That's annoying...
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I kind of miss that they left the bed unmade
    And I reall wish single sims occupied the whole double bed
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

My sims always are standing when I load my game then they have to repeat the last action I had them doing when I saved the game. That's annoying...

Mine seem to always be away from the home, they are in parks or on some street I have not been at before yet, :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah I kind of miss that they left the bed unmade
    And I reall wish single sims occupied the whole double bed
    Ooh yeah, that would be good - spread themselves out in comfort! I guess that means we also miss double beds... cos the ones we have in this game are just two singles glued together, aren't they? Hence the lack of cuddles and the duvet going right down in the middle.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I miss that too OP. And I miss them not making the bed or washing their hands after potty time. It was gross, but that was the point! We had slobs and neat freaks. For the life of me I can't see any difference right now between my "neat" sims and the regular ones. They all leave dishes every place.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

I remember my biggest Pet peave about Sims 1 was exactly the opposite, if you didn't get those pin headed pixels to top off their sleep bar it would take them forever to get up, and then when they finally did they would stamp their feet for what seemed like half an hour.....annoying as self censorship.

Yup a lot of people asked for that to be changed in sims 1 and sims 2.
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member

I miss all of that too! I thought I might be the only one... The beauty is truly in the details, at least for me.
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm assuming you mean beyond the obvious. A certain life stage. I miss those wonderful little details from Sims2. The way a Sim cooking would actually open a drawer and pull the desired utensil out and then close the drawer with a hip. How sometimes when a Sim would 'check themselves out' in the mirror they would lean in and touch their face, as if they discovered a pimple or something. The way the laundry in a bag would drip when a Sim is transferring it to the dryer (Sims3). Mostly, I miss the footprints you could see on the foundation in build mode (Sims2).
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    All this talk bout Sims 2 makes Me want to go play it now, I am so glad I still got My Sims 2 & 3 in My comp, so I can go back to them when Sims 4 bores Me, :).
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I miss a lot of things in the game, such as clumsy sims falling in the pool.
    I miss a lot of things in the game, such as clumsy sims falling in the pool.

I have yet to see that, I am glad that has happened, would be funny to see , :)
  • hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I miss that too OP. And I miss them not making the bed or washing their hands after potty time. It was gross, but that was the point! We had slobs and neat freaks. For the life of me I can't see any difference right now between my "neat" sims and the regular ones. They all leave dishes every place.

oooh i remember when they used to have to do their beds...you're right that was a good feature and it makes the game much more realistic than not having to do their beds. Maybe they would add it in an update hopefully.

Some of the things you wrote reminded me of 2 things i really like in the sims 4 which are the way they stack plates on one another when they clean. And they way they fart :)
  • MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    I miss those wonderful little details from Sims2.
    Same, I encountered some tiny details in TS2 I didn't expect that made it seem just that little more lively; once when my sim went out to greet a friend they did this ridiculous over-complicated handshake that I swear must have lasted at least a sim hour. Or if one sim flushed a toilet while another was in the shower, the showering sim would shriek, jump out and yell at the other one. It was all really cute and just added little details where they were needed.
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    I miss being able to take my children to school, I would always make my stay-at-home parent do it lol. And basically all of the baby/toddler stuff I really miss... Changing tables, bathing them, taking them on a stroll. This is random but I really miss the pool floaties from Sims 3! Lol
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Adding to the nostalgia of unmade beds and related animations. I miss having sims hanging around the house/yard in their PJs. The trash can is a few steps out your front door. You can eat breakfast in the backyard. Stop changing into casual outfits!