Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack Comparison, Reflection and Feedback

Comments

• Options
    MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    But hey, the eps were at least HUGE, I guess, in the end that's what counts and determines quality. *rolleyes*

In fairness, I think quite a few people want their expansions to feel as much like expansions of the game as possible
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    POLLYANNA2 wrote: »
    @teaa5 I would be happy to sacrifice Create-A-Style and open world from Sims 3 for the playability factor but I would insist on toddlers, and more traits etc. I don't need it all in my super game wish! I am open to negotiation Sims Gurus!

Edited to add: Seasons is also on the non-negotiable list...

oh Yes :))) Seasons are the MUST!! I still hope for non limited Seasons EP in sims 4 .. but after they limited apartments.. I have my serious doubts that Seasons will be implemented in all worlds;(
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If you google for "best expansions pack + sims 3" you'll find out that Late Night was by far the most popular ep among simmers (I think LGR has it ranked also very high on his list).

source: http://www.thetoptens.com/best-sims-3-expansion-packs/

And this says it all.

Let's give it a try: Late Night's best feature was Bridgeport (in fact, it was my second favorite world, so they did a pretty good job with it). The problem: If you don't use a fan-made patch the map suffers of significant routing errors that eventually can corrupt your save file if you don't use mods such as errortrap etc.
    Then we had apartments (camera-movement of doom, rabbithole neighbors, NO (!) new gameplay at all, ZERO control over neighbors etc.) and with them came elevators --> always leading to a traffic jam inside the building + more routing errors + sims getting stuck).
    In addition we got pubs, night-clubs and vip-lounges - everything neat in theory, but since they were almost always empty it seemed like a useless (because dysfunctional) addition to me.
    Also a very poorly designed celebrity system that made everybody become famous only because they talked several times to a VIP sim (resulting in a town full of VIPs), paparazzis that always leave as soon as you start interacting with them (which is so dumb) etc.
    And - of course - vampires, however, they got reworked later anyway. Nuff said.

The only addition I truly enjoyed were butlers. They were alcoholics (drinking at the bar all day long) and it was great (but for real the AI was just terribe --> you can google it yourself "Sims 3 + butler + alcoholic)!

And those were the *Special* fetures of Late Night (don't forget, every Sims 3 ep is packed with set dressing --> rabbithole interactions). I am sorry, I just don't see any more depth or better gameplay features in those eps in comparison to TS4. On the contrary.

Almost everything in TS3 was half-baked at best.

Conclusion: If you love the numbers game (meaning: quantitiy over quality) stick with TS3.

By the way: Let's better not start a discussion about the glorified stuff pack (called Generations)...
    --> http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-3-generations

That really rakes TS3 over the coals doesn't it? Do you ever wonder you hurt The Sims Studio/Maxis' guru feelings with all that hate toward TS3? I mean it is the very same company. It would seem like it could, don't you think? I mean if saying something about TS4 hurts feelings wonder how they feel if they read what you say about their last game since they are pretty much the same people.

I don't hate TS3, it's a great game with obviously a different focus and it showed in their eps --> half-baked and/or rudimentary features packed with set-dressing (rabbithole interactions). But hey, the eps were at least HUGE, I guess, in the end that's what counts and determines quality. *rolleyes*

I wonder are you really saying this stuff to Maxis or to us? when I complain about anything in these games I try to address my complaints directly to Maxis. I think sometimes people like to just fuss among themselves but probably wouldn't say those things straight out to the company like some of choose to do. I have complaints about TS3 and TS4 and one funny thing I never needed mods to actually 'run' or fix TS2. There was only one time I needed a quick fix until Maxis fixed the over population of character generating in TS2 when they built Bon Voyage, but that was when it was handed off to The Sims Studio and no longer in Emeryville, so yeah, but they fixed that programming error the next month. Could uninstall the mod which I only had for less than a month to fix it.

I can't say TS3 or TS4 doesn't need mods to actually correct more than TS2 ever did. I played TS2 ten years without any 'fixing' mods so I don't know, when I think of quality it probably makes me think TS2 and not necessarily TS3 or TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    @HalloMolli What did you want to prove by giving a link to a German description of the Get to Work expansion? Gamestar didn't say much about the game except also telling about the return of ghosts and pools. So what is your point?

The link works fine for me, it shows a test where the reviewer decided to give TS4 a better score because of certain improvements they made with the game (written: 14.08.2015)

Edit: BTW: the point i am trying to prove? Never trust your (hardcore-) community. Since World of Warcraft Burning Crusade it became evident that view of hardcore gamers =/= view of casuals (and here is the money~).

Then what part of the community are you part of?

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    @HalloMolli What did you want to prove by giving a link to a German description of the Get to Work expansion? Gamestar didn't say much about the game except also telling about the return of ghosts and pools. So what is your point?

The link works fine for me, it shows a test where the reviewer decided to give TS4 a better score because of certain improvements they made with the game (written: 14.08.2015)

Edit: BTW: the point i am trying to prove? Never trust your (hardcore-) community. Since World of Warcraft Burning Crusade it became evident that view of hardcore gamers =/= view of casuals (and here is the money~).

Both.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member

Both.

Simcity 2013 went after casual gamers and I don't see it flourishing today?

How is it that the hardcore community is the one that keeps these types of games afloat and builds your fanbase and you can't trust them?

I am really trying to understand your logic here, because there doesn't seem to be any, given the end result of SimCity with the same goal in mind (draw in casual (translate - throw money away at nothing) customers)?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If you google for "best expansions pack + sims 3" you'll find out that Late Night was by far the most popular ep among simmers (I think LGR has it ranked also very high on his list).

source: http://www.thetoptens.com/best-sims-3-expansion-packs/

And this says it all.

Let's give it a try: Late Night's best feature was Bridgeport (in fact, it was my second favorite world, so they did a pretty good job with it). The problem: If you don't use a fan-made patch the map suffers of significant routing errors that eventually can corrupt your save file if you don't use mods such as errortrap etc.
    Then we had apartments (camera-movement of doom, rabbithole neighbors, NO (!) new gameplay at all, ZERO control over neighbors etc.) and with them came elevators --> always leading to a traffic jam inside the building + more routing errors + sims getting stuck).
    In addition we got pubs, night-clubs and vip-lounges - everything neat in theory, but since they were almost always empty it seemed like a useless (because dysfunctional) addition to me.
    Also a very poorly designed celebrity system that made everybody become famous only because they talked several times to a VIP sim (resulting in a town full of VIPs), paparazzis that always leave as soon as you start interacting with them (which is so dumb) etc.
    And - of course - vampires, however, they got reworked later anyway. Nuff said.

The only addition I truly enjoyed were butlers. They were alcoholics (drinking at the bar all day long) and it was great (but for real the AI was just terribe --> you can google it yourself "Sims 3 + butler + alcoholic)!

And those were the *Special* fetures of Late Night (don't forget, every Sims 3 ep is packed with set dressing --> rabbithole interactions). I am sorry, I just don't see any more depth or better gameplay features in those eps in comparison to TS4. On the contrary.

Almost everything in TS3 was half-baked at best.

Conclusion: If you love the numbers game (meaning: quantitiy over quality) stick with TS3.

By the way: Let's better not start a discussion about the glorified stuff pack (called Generations)...
    --> http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-3-generations

That really rakes TS3 over the coals doesn't it? Do you ever wonder you hurt The Sims Studio/Maxis' guru feelings with all that hate toward TS3? I mean it is the very same company. It would seem like it could, don't you think? I mean if saying something about TS4 hurts feelings wonder how they feel if they read what you say about their last game since they are pretty much the same people.

I don't hate TS3, it's a great game with obviously a different focus and it showed in their eps --> half-baked and/or rudimentary features packed with set-dressing (rabbithole interactions). But hey, the eps were at least HUGE, I guess, in the end that's what counts and determines quality. *rolleyes*

I wonder are you really saying this stuff to Maxis or to us? when I complain about anything in these games I try to address my complaints directly to Maxis. I think sometimes people like to just fuss among themselves but probably wouldn't say those things straight out to the company like some of choose to do. I have complaints about TS3 and TS4 and one funny thing I never needed mods to actually 'run' or fix TS2. There was only one time I needed a quick fix until Maxis fixed the over population of character generating in TS2 when they built Bon Voyage, but that was when it was handed off to The Sims Studio and no longer in Emeryville, so yeah, but they fixed that programming error the next month. Could uninstall the mod which I only had for less than a month to fix it.

I can't say TS3 or TS4 doesn't need mods to actually correct more than TS2 ever did. I played TS2 ten years without any 'fixing' mods so I don't know, when I think of quality it probably makes me think TS2 and not necessarily TS3 or TS4.
    I played Sims 3 completely modless between 2010-2015 (apart from nomosaic somewhere halfway, I hate the blur but I also hate that in Sims 2).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Both.

How is it that the hardcore community is the one that keeps these types of games afloat and builds your fanbase and you can't trust them?

I am really trying to understand your logic here, because there doesn't seem to be any, given the end result of SimCity with the same goal in mind (draw in casual (translate - throw money away at nothing) customers)?

There was no demand for a game like SimCity. So they missed their targeted groups, it didn't cater to any of them, neither hardcoregamers nor casuals.

Last time I played TS4 before my rig broke there were 42k players online playing the game. SimCity was already dead at this point.

Literally every game that is a huge success in regard of generating revenue + total number of people part of the community has its focus on casuals today.

Logisitcs wrote: »
    Lol did you seriously bring up the mod issues for Late Night again?

GUESS WHAT?! You need a mod for TS4 base if you don't want relationships/sims culled out of existence!

And TS4 takes the crown for set dressing, can't even build your own apartment or edit the shell lol.

Late Night just brought its specific issues to the table. The game in general suffers from many issues in the code that will corrupt your game eventually if you don't take care of them (not only routing errors but sims leaving objects in the world, cars getting stuck, sims (babies) get lost etc.).

The difference is that culling will never destroy your savegame. Anyway: You can prevend sims culling by moving your important sims into houses. Problem solved. Relationship culling will be tuned at a certain point in time (Gurus noticed already that it's way too aggressive right now). However: Both are still a mechanic that is needed to keep the performance stable (loading-screens). Everything that happens in your background is monitored and therefore saved by the game. And it constantly creates new townies (to fill certain roles, to get rid of townies you don't care for in particular and those who are meant to exist only for a short period of time such as tourists and to replace townies who died). Without relationship and sim culling the game would become filled with outdated und unimportant data resulting in a significant performance loss.

Apartments are only one feature of many in an ep that is not only about apartments (unlike in TS2, where we got a whole ep dedicated only to apartments) but about the life in the city in general.

Edit: Does not change the fact that eps or dlc content overall in TS4 is way above the level of TS3 in terms of quality/functionality and value.

Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options

Both.

There was no demand for a game like SimCity. So they missed their targeted groups, it didn't cater to any of them, neither hardcoregamers nor casuals.

Last time I played TS4 before my rig broke there were 42k players online playing the game. SimCity was already dead at this point.

Literally every game that is a huge success in regard of generating revenue + total number of people part of the community has its focus on casuals today.

Logisitcs wrote: »
    Lol did you seriously bring up the mod issues for Late Night again?

GUESS WHAT?! You need a mod for TS4 base if you don't want relationships/sims culled out of existence!

And TS4 takes the crown for set dressing, can't even build your own apartment or edit the shell lol.

Late Night just brought its specific issues to the table. The game in general suffers from many issues in the code that will corrupt your game eventually if you don't take care of them (not only routing errors but sims leaving objects in the world, cars getting stuck, sims (babies) get lost etc.).

The difference is that culling will never destroy your savegame. Anyway: You can prevend sims culling by moving your important sims into houses. Problem solved. Relationship culling will be tuned at a certain point in time (Gurus noticed already that it's way too aggressive right now). However: Both are still a mechanic that is needed to keep the performance stable (loading-screens). Everything that happens in your background is monitored and therefore saved by the game. And it constantly creates new townies (to fill certain roles, to get rid of townies you don't care for in particular and those who are meant to exist only for a short period of time such as tourists and to replace townies who died). Without relationship and sim culling the game would become filled with outdated und unimportant data resulting in a significant performance loss.

Apartments are only one feature of many in an ep that is not only about apartments (unlike in TS2, where we got a whole ep dedicated only to apartments) but about the life in the city in general.

Edit: Does not change the fact that eps or dlc content overall in TS4 is way above the level of TS3 in terms of quality/functionality and value.
    I miss the part where that's fact ;) I completely agree Bridgeport is very borked in a save destroying way (not LN, it's simply that world, when you play LN's features elsewhere nothing's the matter), but once you've fixed that I can assure you first hand experience that you can have a blast playing the game with the features provided for months in a row and I'll continue using them in the future. Sorry but for me that's not the case with GT and GTW.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I know where you are coming from @JoAnne65 , it was still fun to play with many of those features within an open world architecture (won't doubt it, but the reason for that is the open world concept build into the basegame and not the 'fleshed out' features we were used to mainly in the eps). However, what an ep such as Late Night proves is the fact that it consists of many 'smaller' game experiences which lack either depth, customization options, sandbox elements or they were simply not as functional as you would expect.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I freaking loved ambitions for what is was. And my favorite career was in fact being a fire fighter. But let's be honest here: What was there to do besides of repairing the truck and the freaking bell all the time?! Occasionally I was send to a house to 'rescue' a sim or to extinguish fire. And the fire-fighter career was the most in depth here. Most of them such as the architect or (tattoo) artist were rather a gimmick that added literally nothing (!) new to the gameplay (by using bb-mode or cas as their core).

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I know where you are coming from @JoAnne65 , it was still fun to play with many of those features within an open world architecture (won't doubt it, but the reason for that is the open world concept build into the basegame and not the 'fleshed out' features we were used to mainly in the eps). However, what an ep such as Late Night proves is the fact that it consists of many 'smaller' game experiences which lack either depth, customization options, sandbox elements or they were simply not as functional as you would expect.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I freaking loved ambitions for what is was. And my favorite career was in fact being a fire fighter. But let's be honest here: What was there to do besides of repairing the truck and the freaking bell all the time?! Occasionally I was send to a house to 'rescue' a sim or to extinguish fire. And the fire-fighter career was the most in depth here. Most of them such as the architect or (tattoo) artist were rather a gimmick that added literally nothing (!) new to the gameplay (by using bb-mode or cas as their core).
    I do agree Sims 3's basegame features saved the day for some of the EP's. And of course some flaws that came with EP's were fixed later. I just don't feel Sims 4 is any better in this respect. Ambitions had two careers that I quit beforehand out of sheer boredom (house decorator and investigator, both a complete and utterly fake joke). It's my least favourite EP, next to Generations that missed quite a few chances as well imo. I didn't play the firefighter career yet so I don't know about that one. I did like the other careers though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    I feel like with the sims 4 they took the word "expansion" too literal sadly. What they do is to expand our games a little bit. The sims 3 with every expansion pack i got it didn't just feel like my game is expanding it felt like a whole new game.
  • Options
    hotkaki wrote: »
    I feel like with the sims 4 they took the word "expansion" too literal sadly. What they do is to expand our games a little bit. The sims 3 with every expansion pack i got it didn't just feel like my game is expanding it felt like a whole new game.
    Yes, this is why I wouldn't miss any of them, even when I have favourites and less favourites. They all contribute something to the core of the game. And Ambitions still scores a 7/10 for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    edited September 2016
    There was no demand for a game like SimCity. So they missed their targeted groups, it didn't cater to any of them, neither hardcore gamers nor casuals
    Whoa,Have you ever heard of Cities Skylines? It was created by an indie company and was in response to the huge backlash of players who were hardcore fans of Sim City and were angry at what was done to the franchise with the release of sim city in 2013. It was and is incredibly successful.
    I think we really need a repeat of that. An indie company needs to make a simlike game that would meet the needs of the hardcore fanbase, I think they would be hugely successful and give EA a run for their money just like Skylines did.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    There was no demand for a game like SimCity. So they missed their targeted groups, it didn't cater to any of them, neither hardcore gamers nor casuals
    Whoa,Have you ever heard of Cities Skylines? It was created by an indie company and was in response to the huge backlash of players who were hardcore fans of Sim City and were angry at what was done to the franchise with the release of sim city in 2013. It was and is incredibly successful.
    I think we really need a repeat of that. An indie company needs to make a simlike game that would meet the needs of the hardcore fanbase, I think they would be hugely successful and give EA a run for their money just like Skylines did.

We need another Cities:Skylines or Planet Coaster. A game made by someone else that completely embarrasses the company that is killing a franchise.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited September 2016

I’d love seeing a competitor’s version of sims games, especially if its quality were comparable to Skylines. I was curious about that game, got it on the Steam summer sale and really liked it. The city management gameplay is immersing (reminds me about SimCity 4, it was a good game) and I also like the creative tools they provided. A simulation game made based on just the feedback section from this forum alone would be very interesting to try out, and I believe I’d like it better than TS4.

The problem with TS4 content is that it often comes with a lot of restrictions. For example, with Dine Out sims can run a restaurant, which is a nice idea, but then played sims can’t work as the restaurant staff. In the upcoming EP apartments will be included, but they’re restricted to a single world and can’t be created by players.
    It’s the same with base game too – it provided some nice building features, but then there are no terrain tools and CASt; we can edit sims’ bodies in CAS, but it’s impossible to increase the amount of modifiable areas, and no CASt again. When I think about TS4 one of the first things that comes to my mind is restrictions. TS3 has its flaws, I complained about them a lot during its years and I still could, but that iteration definitely provided more creative freedom than in any other sims game.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Obviously I was not talking about SimCity or city building games in general but about SimCity 2013 and their focus on a cooperative experience.

Edit: But yeah, bring that competitor. I'd love to see an alternative to TS.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Voeille wrote: »
    The problem with TS4 content is that it often comes with a lot of restrictions. For example, with Dine Out.

YES! Just go ahead and compare which game offers the best experience when it comes to 'restaurants'. I agree, it must be TS3 because - again - "The problem with TS4 content is that it often comes with a lot of restrictions".

*comparing* Uhh... no, it's not. Darn, but what makes TS3 special then... :
    TS3 has its flaws, I complained about them a lot during its years and I still could, but that iteration definitely provided more creative freedom than in any other sims game.

Yeah, so who cares about gameplay if you can recolor your objects, I guess.

Edit: I've just seen the newest City Living Livestream. Man, what a time to be alive.

Post edited by HalloMolli on

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    As far as the stream goes, did they show actual gameplay or mere renders? Just wondering.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    YES! Just go ahead and compare which game offers the best experience when it comes to 'restaurants'. I agree, it must be TS3 because...
    The problem with TS4 content is that it often comes with a lot of restrictions.

Edit: I've just seen the newest City Living Livestream. Man, what a time to be alive.

I never intended to say that TS3 offers a better experience with respect to restaurants. I said that TS4 content, like Dine Out, often comes with restrictions, the restaurant staff rules are a restriction, and TS3 has nothing to do with that.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016
    As far as the stream goes, did they show actual gameplay or mere renders? Just wondering.

It was a stream of the game -- some CAS, some build/buy, some lots and neighbourhood areas (the theme this week was looking at the neighbourhoods), some bits of gameplay with basketball, graffiti, selling stuff from art and craft stands, food stands, busking, political speech giving, some new UI -- oh yeah, premades... And they answered a number of questions from the chat. So no, not "renders". You can watch it yourself still. There's a lot in it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    YES! Just go ahead and compare which game offers the best experience when it comes to 'restaurants'. I agree, it must be TS3 because...
    The problem with TS4 content is that it often comes with a lot of restrictions.

I never intended to say that TS3 offers a better experience with respect to restaurants. I said that TS4 content, like Dine Out, often comes with restrictions, the restaurant staff rules are a restriction, and TS3 has nothing to do with that.

Pardon me: But TS3 offers in no regard a better experience when it comes to eps, gps and sps (in the sense of depth/functionality/sandbox gameplay etc.) than TS4 does (I mean, even the popcorn machine got adapted so much better in the end - why? --> because sims don't use a freaking spoon when they eat it + it comes at least with different flavors).
    In the upcoming EP apartments will be included, but they’re restricted to a single world and can’t be created by players.

It's just funny, though, how you obviously expect that a side-feature of an ep (City Living) has to provide the same amount of customization options you were used to know from a different ep that was mainly dedicated to that particular feature (I am talking about apartments in TS4 VS 'Apartment Life' in TS2, however, even 'Aparment Life' didn't provide Penthouses, as far as I know). To me it just does not make any sense at all.

• Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited October 2016
    What you do to a serious of games is you expand apon them you take whats broken and fix it. Sims 4 is like a broken record playing the same part of the song over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdTTqDGPEeg

Also even without Ambitions i can almost have any job i want here is my sim being in the job of horsewoman.I am also beta testing and item for a great friend of mine in this video. By the way i have no mods exept for horse related ones my game is not to laggy and i do not even have a gaming computer just a small Acer with an i3.So here is the video in Sunlit Tides.

http://vid1078.photobucket.com/albums/w492/Lorna_Marler/Video-24_zpsrp1qtpbu.mp4
    Post edited by Summerskydreamer on
  • Options
    Pardon me: But TS3 offers in no regard a better experience when it comes to eps, gps and sps (in the sense of depth/functionality/sandbox gameplay etc.) than TS4 does (I mean, even the popcorn machine got adapted so much better in the end - why? --> because sims don't use a freaking spoon when they eat it + it comes at least with different flavors).

It's just funny, though, how you obviously expect that a side-feature of an ep (City Living) has to provide the same amount of customization options you were used to know from a different ep that was mainly dedicated to that particular feature (I am talking about apartments in TS4 VS 'Apartment Life' in TS2, however, even 'Aparment Life' didn't provide Penthouses, as far as I know). To me it just does not make any sense at all.

It depends what you’re looking for in a pack, and your general experience with the game, which is different for every player. You prefer how TS4 packs are handled and their content, and that’s fine. I personally like TS1 and TS2 packs the most, some of TS3 ones could keep me playing for a long time too. However, if I don’t like base game, my opinion about a pack isn’t going to be as good as it was with respect to older games. But even ignoring that, I don’t like certain choices that were made in the development process of a pack, for example mentioned in the OP Get To Work. I think one pack focusing on hands on careers and another one focusing on retail would be a better idea than what it currently is. Then they could spend more resources on making the pack content more integrated with the rest of the game, for instance sims could visit the hospital when ill and be treated by a played sim that works as a doctor, there could be burglars caught by played sims working as police officers and so on. Things like that would be a nice side features of a pack and would add more depth into the game. I haven’t played the pack myself, but I heard that if a sim owns a business and you visit the lot with another sim it’s run by random NPCs, is that true? If so, that seems disconnected as well. I liked that when I visited an owned business in TS2, I could see the owner and the employees I hired on the lot. It wasn’t perfect – it worked fine with employees assigned to roles, but if there were no hired employees (I usually don’t hire employees when my sim just starts a business, they just do everything themselves), the owner didn’t do much about the business. TS4 could improve on that idea and make the owner choose their action based on what customers do.

As for apartments, they seem a very important part of an EP focused on city living, at least for me. They could make them more fleshed out, at least provide a system similar to TS2, especially given that it apparently isn’t that hard to implement – I recall a mod for TS3 that provided something like that. If a single modder is capable of doing something like that, the game developers surely could manage it without using half of their resources on that single feature.

Anyway, that’s just what I think, and if your opinion is different, let’s just share it and agree to disagree, we’re not going to change anyone’s mind and that’s not the point of this discussion anyway :)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top