Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 Downloaded Objects Disappear - Not an Expansion Problem

I have Windows 7.
I have all expansions installed and I have definitely installed them correctly, as I had read the manuals word for word. The game runs fine. It is in compatibility mode and I run it as Admin. I have made The Sims folder Read-Only.
I download objects into the UserObjects folder.

As of now, I only have 218 files inside of this folder, which is 44 mb. Size on The Sims under Program Files x86 is 44.5 mb, if that has to do with anything. I was thinking of making all of my iff files into far files, if I can ever figure out how to do that. I have downloaded the FarOut program to do that, but I can't figure out how to do it. However, I should be able to have so many more downloaded objects! I should NOT be having a problem at only 218 files.. So, I shouldn't have to far my iff files! And there shouldn't be an object ID problem at only 218 downloads.

Also, I have been using the SimOrganizer program to re-organize downloads, allow them to show up in sub-neighborhoods, community lots, magic town, etc. Nobody talks about this program, only the SimCategorizer program.. Aren't they the same thing?

However, re-organizing my downloaded objects in Sim Organizer is where the trouble started. (I think) Loading up my game, I notice that the objects that I have re-organized have not actually been re-organized as I had put them in the organizing program. But when I open the program, the tick marks show that they have stayed re-oraganized, the way that I did it to my liking. But in the game, it's as if I never re-organized them in the first place!

Secondly, the more I downloaded, the more I used SimOrganizer, the more objects that started to disappear in my game! For example, you go to the Beds section, and only one of the beds I have downloaded into my game remain. And so on..
So, I think it was after I re-arranged my downloads in the game that the downloads started to go missing!

I have tried re-downloading object zip files again, but it didn't help. When opened in SimOrganizer, the tick marks showed it had still be re-arranged the way I had done it. And it didn't show up in my game.

Also, SimOrganizer shows that I have 604 files in that program. Which is way more than the 218 that only show up in my game..
Lastly, I have checked every category for the objects, including the All category with the infinity/8 symbol, and they aren't there either.

What have I done wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for anyone's help