Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Traits

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Might I point out the Grimm can be found w/o death anyone in the Sims world?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited April 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Might I point out the Grimm can be found w/o death anyone in the Sims world?

Where do you find him? I turn aging off in my game so I haven't seen Grimmy for a long time.

-edit

I imaging that once the game creates Grim Reaper and your sims interact with him, become friends with him, the game places him in the "Not In World" section. I'm not sure if he shows up before the very first death in your game.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited April 2017
    @CorkysPetals
    She doesn't need to show up to be used for abductions, but her genetic is used in the process. The game uses her even if it doesn't show her to you. To make a baby with the genetic of two parents, the game creates a PT (or get the existing one) and uses it in the process.

The hidden trait is there so the game can recognize which one of the Sims in your save is the PT.
  • Options
    @Neia

I suppose she occasionally shows up in game like a celebrity siting.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @CorkysPetals She's forbidden from showing up, even more then the Grim Reaper. Both are normally forbidden from showing up in everyday context. But it's less strict for the Grim Reaper. On the contrary, I haven't seen a single file where pollination technicians are allowed to show up somewhere.
    Concerning the Grim Reaper showing up more once your sims have met him, as some people's screenshots show him everywhere and sometimes with NPC roles, it's usually a glitch because he's normally forbidden from having these roles.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Apr. 13 Patch :
    • trait_isPlantSimNPC
    • trait_PlantSimChallenge_RecievedStump
    • trait_PlantSim

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @LeGardePourpre

Now, do you possibly know how I can summon my local pollinator?

(that sounds so weird if out of context :D )

The only way I found is by using cheat code ( sims.summon_sim_to_zone [Sim ID] ) or "Teleport any sim" mod
  • Options
    GP05 Parenthood (Not tested) :
    • trait_LifeSkills_UncontrolledEmotion
    • trait_LifeSkills_EmotionalControl
    • trait_LifeSkills_GoodManners
    • trait_LifeSkills_BadManners
    • trait_LifeSkills_Compassionate
    • trait_LifeSkills_Unfeeling
    • trait_LifeSkills_Responsible
    • trait_LifeSkills_Irresponsible
    • trait_LifeSkills_Mediator
    • trait_LifeSkills_Argumentative
    • trait_ParentingSkill_UnderstandBaby
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_PickyEater_A
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_PickyEater_B
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_PickyEater_C
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_PickyEater_D
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_PickyEater_E
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_PickyEater_DisgustedByFood
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_Clingy
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_Rebellious
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_Loud
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_Bear
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_Distant
    • trait_ChildhoodPhase_MeanStreak
  • Options
    Thanks LeGardePourpre

You are a font of information.
  • Options
    SP11 Fitness Stuff :
    • trait_Hidden_EarBuds_MusicLover_HasBeen_Given
    • trait_Hidden_TreadMill_ClimbingWall_Challenge_Complete_1
    • trait_Hidden_TreadMill_ClimbingWall_Challenge_Complete_2
    • trait_Hidden_TreadMill_ClimbingWall_Challenge_Complete_3
    • trait_Hidden_TreadMill_ClimbingWall_Challenge_Complete_4
    • trait_Hidden_TreadMill_ClimbingWall_Challenge_Complete_5
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    @LeGardePourpre - I have a problem with a female that has once been a Gardener created by game. Since I altered her garden skilIs she doesn't show up as Gardener anymore. I made her playable to cheat her skills and then made her not in world and unplayed again, but no luck. Could it be that she lost her hidden Gardener trait?
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @LuvMySimz wrote: »
    @LeGardePourpre - I have a problem with a female that has once been a Gardener created by game. Since I altered her garden skilIs she doesn't show up as Gardener anymore. I made her playable to cheat her skills and then made her not in world and unplayed again, but no luck. Could it be that she lost her hidden Gardener trait?

When you control a sim (or her household), the NPC career is removed.

- You must control another household
    - Invite her on the lot
    - Get her Sim ID with this cheat code : sims.get_sim_id_by_name [First name] [Last name]
    - Set the NPC career and NPC trait with these cheat codes :
    • Home service :
      careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Gardener_Service [Sim ID]
      traits.equip_trait trait_isGardener_Service [Sim ID]
    • -- OR -- City employee (Park and neighborhood) :
      careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Gardener [Sim ID]
      traits.equip_trait trait_isMasterGardener [Sim ID]
    - Remove or lay off or control the current NPC gardener

Note: the game may prefer to hire the most recent sim or to create a new random sim.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @LuvMySimz wrote: »

When you control a sim (or her household), the NPC career is removed.

- You must control another household
    - Invite her on the lot
    - Get her Sim ID with this cheat code : sims.get_sim_id_by_name [First name] [Last name]
    - Set the NPC career and NPC trait with these cheat codes :
    • Home service :
      careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Gardener_Service [Sim ID]
      traits.equip_trait trait_isGardener_Service [Sim ID]
    • -- OR -- City employee (Park and neighborhood) :
    - Remove or lay off or control the current NPC gardener

Note: the game may prefer to hire the most recent sim or to create a new random sim.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! My Male Alien Sim fell in love with his female Gardener and it's sad not to see her arrive on the lot as a Gardener anymore.
    Yes I can call her and invite her, but I want her to be a Gardener again. So again, thanks dear for your helpful info. girly-knicks.gif

Next time I will be more careful when customizing an NPC ;)

ETA: It worked like a charm :)

xmas.jpg
    Post edited by LuvMySimz on

• Options
    RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > ... check out this mod, Show Sim Info.
    >
    > You can use it to see any traits (and other info, read the description page) on your sims. Skills, traits, job, housemates, age info, etc. VERY handy "details" mod. :)

I'm planning to check out this mod, but I have a really dumb question (yes, there are such things as dumb questions -- just bear with me. I'll get it some day): Other than satisfying curiosity, what is the purpose of seeing info on NPC and other sims?
  • Options
    Well, satisfying curiosity is the main reason. To find out what behaviors are "genetic". Some people are interested in the both the game and WHY the game does things a certain way.

Also, it helps us figure out how to do cheats like make an npc gardener become a gardener again.
  • Options
    RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    @CorkysPetals Thanks for the explanation. I'll just use it for curiosity since I play for "mind candy" and don't really need to understand game mechanics to do that.
  • Options
    Well, satisfying curiosity is the main reason. To find out what behaviors are "genetic". Some people are interested in the both the game and WHY the game does things a certain way.

Also, it helps us figure out how to do cheats like make an npc gardener become a gardener again.

Yes thanks to @LeGardePourpre I managed to get my loving gardener back, and I'm very happy that you guys are digging into the trait cheat codes like this and sharing your knowledge with us. The game would be only half of fun without you helpful people.

• Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I think the visited Sylvan Glade trait it means your sim gets the option of clicking on the tree and traveling directly to Sylvan Glade without having to do the follow the prompt puzzle. The fifty mile high trait may trigger the player achievement (cuz it doesn't do anything else!), the experimental food trait must let them cook the food at home.

The favorite movie trait appears only after they watch a movie and declare their favorite movie type. After that they enjoy that type of movie more than other movies.

And I found a new trait. Is Adoptable. I have no idea what that does.

I thought hidden traits were something a Sims acquired through genetics not achieving a goal. Like in the Sims 3 the "Pyro" Trait that was passed on through genetics and family. That is hidden traitsto me; something you have to find in the game a Sim has and carry it on through generations

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @RiotLily wrote: »
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > ... check out this mod, Show Sim Info.
    >
    > You can use it to see any traits (and other info, read the description page) on your sims. Skills, traits, job, housemates, age info, etc. VERY handy "details" mod. :)

I'm planning to check out this mod, but I have a really dumb question (yes, there are such things as dumb questions -- just bear with me. I'll get it some day): Other than satisfying curiosity, what is the purpose of seeing info on NPC and other sims?

The game decide many things without asking, when you want to play a specific story it's useful to know the current settings.

For example :

I want to assign these parameters to Babs L'Amour :
    - NPC Landlord
    - Left-handed
    - Likes fruitcakes
    - Favorite movies: Romance
    - Political position: Left

In order to avoid conflicts (right-handed + left-handed), it's necessary to remove the current hidden trait before assigning another one.
  • Options
    I thought hidden traits were something a Sims acquired through genetics not achieving a goal. Like in the Sims 3 the "Pyro" Trait that was passed on through genetics and family. That is hidden traitsto me; something you have to find in the game a Sim has and carry it on through generations

Yes, and more. Back in 2009 when Sims3 was first introduced, Pyro was a hidden trait children got from a firefighter parent. But the firefighter parent got the "Immune to Fire" hidden trait from the job, and other careers gave hidden traits at higher levels. NPCs who delivered pizza, were burglars or police officers also had hidden traits that they might pass on to children.

But even back in the Sim3 days simmers were calling any trait not available in CAS to be a hidden trait. Even opportunities that popped up occasionally gave traits that were "hidden".

And it's just easier to call them hidden traits than "traits that you don't see in normal game-play that affect a sims behavior".

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @CorkysPetals @PrincessrozeeS

And technically Maxis use the Trait system in order to manage these parameters, they are almost never visible in the User Interface.

It's exactly the same thing when we say "Hidden skill" for the Climbing skill.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    magicmermaid9magicmermaid9 Posts: 122 Member
    > @dreamprisoner said:
    > Don't forget the 'Likes fruitcake' trait

My child sim has that trait. Funny cause the mother doesn't.
    Whoops, just spent another day watching Dan and Phil
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I have a question about the careers/traits. Could it be that since the latest patchs that this doesn't work anymore?
    I'm asking because when I add the career like I was told

nothing happens. The sim Info still says "has no job" - When I first did this a couple of month ago it worked and the Sim info said "works as a gardener." But not it doesn't work for some reason. Sim is unplayed.
    Does anybody have infos if EA did some changing to the trait codes?

• Options
    edited March 2018

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top