Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Traits

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have a sim that LOVES fruitcake! She gets a really good moodlet for hours after eating it. She also got quite fat from eating it everyday for several days...lol

I just got an alien with that hidden trait too. That cracked me up so much :joy:
    Hw3O7eO.png
    As you can see there (although it's in German), he even had the option to "Enthuse about Fruitcake", rather than "Complain about Fruitcake" :D

I hope it isn't genetic though. I want him to have normal children at some point. No such weird mutants that enjoy eating fruitcake.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Sorry (not really) for necroposting, but what exactly does the trait_isAlienPollinator do anyway? My ingame "natural abduction" alien baby has Senior Pollination Technician #3 listed as a parent. Does this mean there is a townie running around who is Senior Pollination Technician #3?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,228 Member
    edited April 2017
    @CorkysPetals trait_isAlienPollinator is reserved to the NPC Pollination Technician, it's same as trait_isGrimReaper.

That means this NPC pollinator will be the parent of an alien baby (alien abduction).

@LeGardePourpre

Does that mean there is an alien npc named Pollination Technician walking around in the game? Does that alien sim act differently from the other aliens in the game?

Grim Reaper does things in the game, what does Pollination Technician do, other than automatically getting tagged as the parent of an abduction baby?

I'm just curious and you seem to know more about this than I do.
    edited April 2017
    @LeGardePourpre

Does that mean there is an alien npc named Pollination Technician walking around in the game? Does that alien sim act differently from the other aliens in the game?

Grim Reaper does things in the game, what does Pollination Technician do, other than automatically getting tagged as the parent of an abduction baby?

@CorkysPetals That pollinator Sim doesn't walk around in the neighbourhood, is completely hidden instead. Yes, it's simply the parent of an alien abduction. I think I've heard there is one for each neighbourhood.
    Although CaptainSauce (a Youtuber) had a bug occur where the pollinator of one of his Sims suddenly appeared. But normally, being born from abduction means that the baby will never see the mother.
  • jeanniebeansjeanniebeans Posts: 44 Member
    @papersuitcase I think that unplayed sims have a right to make their own autonomous decisions.....but the sims you play you control...if you don't want gay/lesbian/bi sims don't make them. But I think it is cool that like in real life we cannot control what preference others have! LOL
    edited April 2017
    @Pancakesandwich

The reason is career_Adult_NPC_Pollinator is 24/7 , a full-time employment :p .

It's same as the Tragic Clown, he never walks in the street as long as you don't summon him.

@LeGardePourpre

Now, do you possibly know how I can summon my local pollinator?

(that sounds so weird if out of context :D )
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    @LeGardePourpre

@CorkysPetals That pollinator Sim doesn't walk around in the neighbourhood, is completely hidden instead. Yes, it's simply the parent of an alien abduction. I think I've heard there is one for each neighbourhood.
    Although CaptainSauce (a Youtuber) had a bug occur where the pollinator of one of his Sims suddenly appeared. But normally, being born from abduction means that the baby will never see the mother.

Are the Pollination Technicians always Female?

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, they're always female.

Also im pretty sure its the same pollinator in any neighborhood. All three of my abductions turned conceptions were in different neighborhoods (willow creek, newcrest, and San myshuno) and they were the same gal. So many blue babiesss.

Edit: technically the kid can call their mother, and it might be possible to talk to them so much you can invite them over but can't say for sure.
    If the pollination technician isn't a sim who can walk the neighborhood, why have a trait for it? The game could just supply a picture of "mom" and some genetics for the new alien baby without having a list of traits for a non-existant sim.

If the pollination technician IS a sim who walks around, what is their purpose? How do they act differently for some random game generated alien? They don't actually participate in the abduction. The Tragic Clown and the Grim Reaper actually do something in the game.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's mostly a carryover from sims 2 with pollination technician #9 smith in the desert town i forget the name of... to keep that concept going, even though it's technically in an alternate universe (where apparently, the technicians are all female instead of all male). i rather like it, there being one abductor out there putting babies in the men.

and i was going to mention the captainsauce video about his pollination technician showing up. it absolutely surprised him, since he'd created a fake one to use in his storyline then, suddenly, the real one walks up during a party... so, apparently there is a way to get them to arrive (maybe the 'know everyone' cheat at the mailbox?) but we're not sure how, yet. i do hope that she winds up like grimmy because he's seriously one of the most popular sims in my game! invited out to everything by basically everyone

edited April 2017
    If the pollination technician isn't a sim who can walk the neighborhood, why have a trait for it? The game could just supply a picture of "mom" and some genetics for the new alien baby without having a list of traits for a non-existant sim.

No because the alien mother give her alien DNA (skin and face).

In my case, I created a family tree for my NPC pollinator (children, siblings and parents), it was possible because she is a real sim.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @CorkysPetals The pollination technician needs to exist as a template for genetics. It's her only purpose.

@kalaksed Maybe the real pollination technician appeared because she was jealous of the impostor who took her job :D
  • jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    So can you only see the hidden traits with the mod listed? Or does mccc mod work to show this too ?
  • jeanniebeansjeanniebeans Posts: 44 Member
    How do you summon the Tragic Clown? I haven't ever had one in my game?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Does anyone know if a preference for/against vampires is a hidden trait?

I ask 'cause I've had some sims turn and no be very happy about it - like they regretted it, while others seemed to enjoy their new life state right from the off.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    @BabySquare No hidden trait

Thanks. :)

Hmm, must be personality-based then.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »
    @BabySquare No hidden trait

Thanks. :)

Hmm, must be personality-based then.
    @BabySquare I think that it's the Geek trait that makes Sims like vampires, just as it makes them like aliens. I had a Geek Sim who really enjoyed turning into a vampire, while several others before were really sad about it. Geeks also seem more willing to let a vampire bite them.
    edited April 2017
    Candyd wrote: »
    @CorkysPetals The pollination technician needs to exist as a template for genetics. It's her only purpose

Let me try to explain my question a different way. I have had 3 sims get abducted and impregnated in the game. In those times there never was a pollination technician who showed up in the game. So if my sims can get abducted and made pregnant when there is NO pollination technician walking around in the game, why would the game ever produce a Pollination Tech who shows up at the pub or at your dinner party?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @CorkysPetals
    Sims in your save aren't all Sims that walk around. When your Sims are impregnated, the pollination technician is used, she exists in the save but she doesn't "show up" because there's a career that keep her busy (that's the purpose of this career : to prevent her from showing up). The game doesn't produce a pollination tech to show up somewhere, it produces a pollination tech to use it for impregnation, so she exists in the save but doesn't show up.
    edited April 2017
    @CorkysPetals

Why ? I don't know.

Maxis decide to keep the same template as The Sims 2, an unique character who never leave the UFO.

Maybe for the story, it's better to think the Pollinator is a mysterious visitor who want to keep secret her existence and avoid the scientists.
    edited April 2017
    Neia wrote: »
    @CorkysPetals
    The game doesn't produce a pollination tech to show up somewhere, it produces a pollination tech to use it for impregnation, so she exists in the save but doesn't show up.

But she does show up! This is why I've been asking all these questions. At 9:50 the video shows Senior Pollination Technician#3 show up at a party. A while ago she showed up in my game at a pub on Alien Night. So the game does create a walking talking sim who is SPT#3.

My guess is that there are a group of npc characters who exist as code. They get turned into walking talking sims when the game requires them to show up. Grim Reaper shows up at a death, Tragic Clown can be summoned. Since Grimmy and Tragic Clown have a particular job to do, they have hidden traits that cause certain behaviors (interactions and animations).

So, what does Senior Pollination Tech#3 do? She doesn't show up for abductions. Why does she have a hidden trait?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top