Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Traits

Comments

• papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Do they have gender preference in the vanilla game, or is it added my MCCC?
    It's in Vanilla game :)
    Capture.png

That's cool. :)

Not to me. Kind of goes against the tagline "you rule".

All sims are bissexuals by default, you change this via romantic interactions...

Did you not just see the post above where the child had already decided he was gay?
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Weird. I had no idea the game created gay sims I thought they were all bi and were influenced by whoever flirts with them.

I think they are nonsexual and are influence by who flirts or maybe just talks to them (I think that's how Sims 2 worked). I think some premades may have this already determined because they come with established relationships in the base game. But I think if you look at a game you've been playing awhile the townies will have been interacting with each other in the background.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    This topic made me curious about digging into game xmls.
    I found these hidden traits in the xml files , there also a ton of hidden buffs that controls sims emotions and actions.

hidden_trait1.png
    hidden_trait2.png

Thank you so much for that. It looks like the current list of all hidden traits. At least the ones labeled traits_hidden.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Yeah, I'm letting the gender pref info Show Sim Info showed me influence MY flagging done via MC. They'll pretty much all get together with whoever/whatever, if I tell them to. 0/0 or 100/100, or if they do swing one way or the other (anything in between), the mod doesn't care during pregnancy alarms. It looks for flags, not preferences. I've not seen anything USE the prefs, actually. But since they're there, sometimes I do.

I'm widening out my gene pool (and keeping my married teens out of the procreate mix, affairs FTW there! :p haha!), in fact... (idea from a story I've read), I have males set up as the only inseminators (like RL), so my same-sex females I'll leave marked till they marry... then I unmark them to give them a chance to get pregnant during an alarm. "Taking one for the team," kinda... once they're pregnant, to perpetuate the gene pool, I'll re-mark them for same sex, and they can be true to their nature again.

Animated paper dolls. Pretty fun trying to see what all I can get to happen. ;)
  • vanee4vanee4 Posts: 119 Member
    Haha. "Taking one for the team". :s Where can I flag them as bi or gay in MCC? I am definitely gonna do that from now on. Btw: you can alo set the settings to same gender couples more likely to adopt a child.
    In my rotational save I am currently wondering how to get Dina Caliente and her girlfriend pregnant. Her gf has a twin brother so maybe she could take one for the team as well..., this could stir a lot of drama... >:)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I just noticed there isn't one for the favourite drink. Yet if you order their favourite, they get the same thing each time.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited September 2016
    @mrnhmath wrote: »
    Capture.png

All sims are bissexuals by default, you change this via romantic interactions...

I would say all the teen/adult sims are ONLY bisexual because a straight sim can become gay.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    @mrnhmath wrote: »
    Capture.png

I would say all the teen/adult sims are ONLY plum because a straight sim can become gay.

Plum or not. It actually happens in real life, too. I know a few who has been straight and later in their grownup lives became gay.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Simsister2004

I'm one of those who think the humans don't "become" straight or gay/lesbian or bi, just the humans don't choose it.
    The humans can only accept or not who they are.

But this discussion is another topic.
    @Simsister2004

I'm one of those who think the humans don't "become" straight or gay/lesbian or bi, just the humans don't choose it.

Irrelevant really since it's a game which the slogan reads "you rule". By that logic, sims shouldn't be picking their orientation, they should be blank canvases mold-able by me, the player.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    @Simsister2004

Irrelevant really since it's a game which the slogan reads "you rule". By that logic, sims shouldn't be picking their orientation, they should be blank canvases mold-able by me, the player.

YES, sims are what we make them. Don't compare to real people, living in your neighborhood!
  • EllaryEllary Posts: 50 Member
    vanee4 wrote: »
    So there is a gender preference? :o I thought there wasn't... can we also alter this with the mod? :#

here is the mod I use for that. you just click on them and in the little menus there is Gender Pref. You can set it in percents or just to just one gender fully.

on the Modthesims site search Gender Preference Set by azoresman . sorry it says I can't post links ><
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Capture.png

Did you not just see the post above where the child had already decided he was gay?

That's achieved with mods, it's not possible in a vanilla game
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think the visited Sylvan Glade trait it means your sim gets the option of clicking on the tree and traveling directly to Sylvan Glade without having to do the follow the prompt puzzle. The fifty mile high trait may trigger the player achievement (cuz it doesn't do anything else!), the experimental food trait must let them cook the food at home.

The favorite movie trait appears only after they watch a movie and declare their favorite movie type. After that they enjoy that type of movie more than other movies.

And I found a new trait. Is Adoptable. I have no idea what that does.

"Is adoptable" is probably for the sims that are spawned when you open the adoption selection screen on the computer. They probably remain adoptable by any household until they age up past adoption age. New ones are probably spawned as needed.

I just realised this could be useful.

If you want to give a sim child or baby up for adoption, maybe you can give them that trait and adopt them via another household? Someone should test it :o
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    @EmmaVane I'd love to know if that works... If so it could be useful for putting alien babies and kids into the "adoption pool" too as the ones spawned by the game are always regular human sims
    Capture.png

That's achieved with mods, it's not possible in a vanilla game

Whatever mod you're talking about, I don't have. MC doesn't DO anything with gender prefs. I don't have azoresman's genderpref set mod, either.

AFAIK they're coming into my game with those settings already fixed, I'm assuming by the bin. MC will affect their Appearance (based on player settings), but it really doesn't do anything "under the hood" during roll-up.

I would *love* for a vanilla player to do an experiment, and install the Show Sim Info mod for long enough to look at your sims. I'd be very interested in knowing how the prefs stats play out in an unmodded game. Any volunteers?

(There is a pie now showing in my original picture of the boy's info. Why/HOW does TinyPic DO that??? :D )

Maybe I said that badly. I've not played much in a couple of days. But I did see a few of the numbers had went up/down on some sims, depending on who they've been romantic with (which gender, I mean). So maybe I should've said he's already decided he WANTS to be gay... but, it isn't set in stone at all.

I do stand by it NOT being a mod doing it... or if it is, I have no idea which it would be. I'm absolutely positive it isn't coming from MC, and that's my biggest mod. Everything else I have, and there are Not Many, is a very specific type mod that does one thing. Nothing with genders at all.
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    I second @egwarhammer about the percentages going up or down. When my one girl aged up to teen she started flirty heavily with her bff, also a girl, from the get go. The BFF turned her down repeatedly. SSI has her gender preference currently at 30/20 which means I suppose she's still trying to figure things out, but it was 10/40. Not sure what guy she's been flirting with when I'm not in control, but I tend to let my sims do their own thing relationship wise. Whatever floats her boat. :smiley:

I have MCC, I don't use the flag system at all save for sims I don't want to get pregnant anymore. Only other mods I have involve speeding up actions. I don't have anything that would affect gender preference.
    vanee4 wrote: »
    Haha. "Taking one for the team". :s Where can I flag them as bi or gay in MCC? I am definitely gonna do that from now on. Btw: you can alo set the settings to same gender couples more likely to adopt a child.
    In my rotational save I am currently wondering how to get Dina Caliente and her girlfriend pregnant. Her gf has a twin brother so maybe she could take one for the team as well..., this could stir a lot of drama... >:)

If you have sim menus enabled, it's under Sims > MC > Flags. If you don't, and you have version 2.16 installed, try typing mccc jane doe into the cheat bar, that's supposed to give you those options. New toy. :)
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited October 2016

I would *love* for a vanilla player to do an experiment, and install the Show Sim Info mod for long enough to look at your sims. I'd be very interested in knowing how the prefs stats play out in an unmodded game. Any volunteers?

Installed into unmodded fresh game. CAS for this purpose, set her on lot and then sent her to the coffee house to start looking at sim stats.

Play time was long enough to do the above.

All sims except married sims were 0/0 for preference. Married sims had a preference for the gender of their spouse. I looked at all sims that were generated at the time of this test, including children. No families were played, this was only a test to see how the game generates the preferences in my fresh save file.

ETA secondary test in save play file

Ok so then I went into my play file, my special file....
    Pretty much everyone was 0/0 except those that I had pushed into relationships or who were already in relationships. All children were 0/0. Spouses had their preference for the gender of their spouse. Sims I had attempted to push into gay relationships were still at 0/0 (casual flirting nothing more). The sims that had gay partners and living as a gay household developed the preference I pushed them into.

Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Lesbian bartenders are a thing here. I've GOT to go, for now, but I wonder if it's lot-type driven, somehow, maybe?

Two DJs here, both female, one is straight and the other is gay.

I've seen SEVERAL 100/100s across various NPCs, too. ("I'll date anybody!!" :smiley: )

Maybe see what's up in your current game? I figured base sims pretty much roll hetero, or neither. How many NEW sims have you seen? I'm not trying to be a pest, just really curious. If these numbers aren't showing up for everybody, I have to wonder why I see them.

But I'll have to do it later. Bed now. Be back before work!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    @Simsister2004

Thankfully for you, there is no actual gameplay value for the gender preference, and so you will never know about it unless you use the SSI mod to find out what their preferences are, or somehow delve into the game files. (It's way beyond me how to do that.) So even if your Sim comes with a hidden preference, they will not object to whatever way you want to play with them, and their preferences will readjust accordingly.

I actually wish that the game would use the gender preference to influence who Sims get into those randomly generated romances with. I've never once had one generated for a same-sex couple, even for my married lesbian Sims. (Who shouldn't be getting randomly generated romances anyway, on principle, but I digress.)
    edited October 2016
    Terra wrote: »
    @Simsister2004

Thankfully for you, there is no actual gameplay value for the gender preference, and so you will never know about it unless you use the SSI mod to find out what their preferences are, or somehow delve into the game files. (It's way beyond me how to do that.) So even if your Sim comes with a hidden preference, they will not object to whatever way you want to play with them, and their preferences will readjust accordingly.

I actually wish that the game would use the gender preference to influence who Sims get into those randomly generated romances with. I've never once had one generated for a same-sex couple, even for my married lesbian Sims. (Who shouldn't be getting randomly generated romances anyway, on principle, but I digress.)

Mortimer goth was hitting on my male sim a few days ago even though they had no pink in their relationship panel and even called him later that night to ask him out. They had simply met one night at the bar while Mortimer was feeling flirty and he was rejected yet the game acted like these two straight married men were lovers. It's all so shallow right that no matter what we as players set up it can be knocked down with a simple emotional whim. I guess that's my biggest gripe with this game, it undoes everything we do.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Thats the thing I dont understand about the gender preferences, they dont seem to matter in my save files. My gay sims are still autonomously hitting on the opposite sex through flirty introduction - well all my sims are really, the gender preference doesnt matter when it comes to flirty introduction, at least not in my save files. Mood/traits/preferences mean nothing when a sim gets a random push to do a flirty introduction. Happy married straight sims with full needs and their partner in the same room will throw up a queue to go randomly and autonomously do a flirty introduction with any unknown sims in the vicinity regardless of gender. :fumes:
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    @Simsister2004

Mortimer goth was hitting on my male sim a few days ago even though they had no pink in their relationship panel and even called him later that night to ask him out. They had simply met one night at the bar while Mortimer was feeling flirty and he was rejected yet the game acted like these two straight married men were lovers. It's all so shallow right that no matter what we as players set up it can be knocked down with a simple emotional whim. I guess that's my biggest gripe with this game, it undoes everything we do.

Oh yeah, I see what you're talking about. Did you use a mod to see whether Mortimer had been given male gender preference points as well as the female ones he comes with? Otherwise yeah, sometimes the Emotions take them a bit too far! @Nectere, I agree with you too!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't think that a sim, a boy for example, with 100% male preference and 0% female, will find it impossible to fall in love with a female sim, it would just take longer. One of my male sims tried having a relationship with a townie, I had to get their relationship near full before he even considered being with him, I'm guessing that was because he was 100% straight at that point.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top