Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Watchers Writing: Reading Circle

Comments

• DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I have so many ideas in my head but absolutely no time to work on them... Just got back home and will play Sims3 for half an hour before heading to bed... Tomorrow won't be that bad though, but I have a lot of household work to catch up with and then, maybe, I will have time to work on something...
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I have so many ideas in my head but absolutely no time to work on them... Just got back home and will play Sims3 for half an hour before heading to bed... Tomorrow won't be that bad though, but I have a lot of household work to catch up with and then, maybe, I will have time to work on something...

Good luck! I hope you're able to squeeze in some writing time!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Sims3 is awesome sometimes.

Tony was preparing for his shift and recieved a call from his boss. He stood around in the bathroom in his thief clothes. His now definitely pregnant girlfriend stood up from the couch, went to the bathroom, waited until he was finished with his phone call and told him she was pregnant. He looked a little bit lost at first, but then showed her thumbs up, smiled at her and left.
    She stood there for a while, thinking about pregnancy and gardening, and went back to watch TV.

I will describe it differently in my story when I finally come to writing it, but... this is just awesome.

Tony was preparing for his shift and recieved a call from his boss. He stood around in the bathroom in his thief clothes. His now definitely pregnant girlfriend stood up from the couch, went to the bathroom, waited until he was finished with his phone call and told him she was pregnant. He looked a little bit lost at first, but then showed her thumbs up, smiled at her and left.
    She stood there for a while, thinking about pregnancy and gardening, and went back to watch TV.

I will describe it differently in my story when I finally come to writing it, but... this is just awesome.

It's so awesome! I love the thought and convo bubbles--and that we can capture them in the story when we want to! Wish we had an option of doing that in TS4.

I like the way the TS3 Sims will wait for each other to interact, too.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • pixelatedKarpixelatedKar Posts: 382 Member

Popping in quickly before dashing back to work, couldn't resist not commenting on this. I loved moments like this in the Sims 3. I remember once while attempting the baby challenge her toilet got stolen and she went into the washroom and freaked out and then peed herself.

Will catch up on comments later, back to work :disappointed: New chapter will be out tonight once I finished editing it.
    Legacy Central - Reading Circle | The Blount Legacy | One Hundred Gnome's
    ORIGIN ID: pixelatedK
    Finally done work and home! Woo! I don't mind call in shifts but when the person calling in has called in everyday they worked for the last 3 weeks making me work every one of my call-in shifts is aggravating. Before I head to bed I thought I would leave the link to my story here, will comment more tomorrow and start reading stories tomorrow as well as its only a 8 hour shift instead of 13.5.

One Hundred Gnome's
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Sorry for not being very active y'all. I'm in the process of wrapping up the story for House 006 of my challenge and trying to determine how I'm going to handle the next generation, so there are simply too many thoughts running through my head to keep anything straight. I have yet to learn how to keep my plot lines straight and manage to think/discuss/chat about other things at the same time.

Hope this made some sort of sense. :) Does anyone else find themselves overrun by their stories like this? Or is it just a newbie thing?

Good thing is my finish line is in sight, I'm rounding the corner for that last stretch and hope to regain my brain soon. Cross your fingers for me.
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    Finally done work and home! Woo! I don't mind call in shifts but when the person calling in has called in everyday they worked for the last 3 weeks making me work every one of my call-in shifts is aggravating. Before I head to bed I thought I would leave the link to my story here, will comment more tomorrow and start reading stories tomorrow as well as its only a 8 hour shift instead of 13.5.

One Hundred Gnome's

I'm glad you only have 8 hours tomorrow, sounds like you could use a break! I've worked 13+ hour shifts for a week straight once, and hated it. I don't mind long shifts for a day or two, but any more just makes me cranky. XD It's good money, though, so I really shouldn't complain.

Can't wait to start reading your story! Need to hop over to my phone and save the link there, as I do all of my reading on my phone.
    yaHATa3.png
    AllieMac wrote: »
    Sorry for not being very active y'all. I'm in the process of wrapping up the story for House 006 of my challenge and trying to determine how I'm going to handle the next generation, so there are simply too many thoughts running through my head to keep anything straight. I have yet to learn how to keep my plot lines straight and manage to think/discuss/chat about other things at the same time.

Hope this made some sort of sense. :) Does anyone else find themselves overrun by their stories like this? Or is it just a newbie thing?

Good thing is my finish line is in sight, I'm rounding the corner for that last stretch and hope to regain my brain soon. Cross your fingers for me.

I definitely find myself overrun by my stories! I get so many ideas while I'm playing, then even more when I'm going through the screenshots I took, then even more when I start writing. It gets so jumbled sometimes, and I have a hard time deciding which ideas I want to go with and which ones I want to scrap. XD

Fingers crossed for you!
    yaHATa3.png
    AllieMac wrote: »

I absolutely find this can happen! I need to have processing time. Sometimes, I just need to sit and write, and I can't read or participate in conversations until at least the seed idea is down. Other times, I just need to let the ideas simmer a bit, and I can do other things while they simmer.

I don't think it's a newbie thing at all--I think it's a creative person's thing!

Just want to say that I find it kind of sweet that one member of our circle has a photo of a rat for her profile pic, and another a photo of a baby bunny! Little furry watchers!

CathyTea wrote: »
    Just want to say that I find it kind of sweet that one member of our circle has a photo of a rat for her profile pic, and another a photo of a baby bunny! Little furry watchers!

Yes! I'm a big animal person (currently going to school for my Animal Science degree), and I just love seeing the adorable little rat and bun bun!
    yaHATa3.png

Yes! I'm a big animal person (currently going to school for my Animal Science degree), and I just love seeing the adorable little rat and bun bun!

Oh, right! I remember you writing about that in one of your award answers or something! That's so exciting. I love critters, too.

I have 13 of them. Rats, I mean. The one in my avatar is gone for over 10 years now but she's very special to me. Risha. She thought she was better than the other rats and wanted to be a human. She didn't want to spend any time with other rats and just followed me around everywhere, ending up sitting on my shoulder and trying to steal my food everytime I was eating. At night she came to my bed and chewed up holes in my pillow. She had a brain tumor by the age of 1.4 and died. Probably all the un-rat thoughts she had didn't agree with her brains inner workings, or so I like to tell myself.

Now if rats had thought bubbles they would be like Sims. Because sometimes they do crazy stuff and every one is different. I had one that couldn't stand socks. Everytime I had her out on the bed she had to go and pull my socks off and throw them off the bed and then she would come up to my face and cuddle, proud of a job well done.
    And now and then there is rat that likes music and plays guitar on a small chain that holds the bolt in place. Or on the cage bars. At night. The others always seem to be just as annoyed by that as me.

I could talk about rats for hours. Somebody stop me.
    @DeiraShadeweaver I love rats, too. I had one when I was a child--super lovely and smart!

Now, in my garden, I have lots of wild mice friends! They live in the wood pile next to the compost. They're very sweet and love to race around. They don't cause any trouble, and the population has natural controls since we have so many hawks and falcons in the neighborhood.

We live in the city, but with all the birds, lizards, mice, and toads, it feels like the country!

And, I've posted a few new chapters of Whisper tonight! I'm guessing we'll all need a few weeks before we catch up with each others' stories, so I won't bother to post the links here yet, but if you're caught up, you can find links to the latest chapters from my homepage, https://cathytea.wordpress.com/

@CathyTea
    I read them in my break! I love how you describe relationships. I feel Shannon, I really do... I never wanted to live in a traditional relationship, but it is currently forced on me and I can't break away without damaging several people so I'm in a kind of weird state... I am unhappy but I can't change it and I am trying to keep my sanity by escaping into other worlds and stories... my own personal life story makes me sad and afraid and very angry.

There is a song by Amanda Palmer that speaks to me on a very deep level. It's called Ampersand. Look it up!
    The refrain goes like that...

And I'm not gonna live my life on one side of an ampersand
    And even if I went with you I'm not the girl you think I am
    And I'm not gonna match you
    Cause I'll lose my voice completely yeah
    I'm just gonna watch you
    Cause I'm not the one that's crazy
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Oh my word, I obviously live in the wrong timezone =p Look at how active everyone is when I'm asleep!
    I definitely get overrun by stories and plots, it's pretty difficult to not just start writing everything that comes into my head! I'd have far too many stories on the go if I did that.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    @Thymeless
    I started reading your legacy today, I made it to the second generation by now.
    @DeiraShadeweaver I've never had a rat before, but I've always thought they were so cool. One day I'll have a little rat buddy. Right now I'm owned by my dog and 9 birds. So, if you ever want to talk animals, I'm here. I could go on for hours about my babies, and love hearing about others experiences with their animals.

@CathyTea Yeah, I think I talked about wanting to start an animal rescue someday. And I know I've mentioned my love of animals in the Writer's Lounge before. I just can't help it. XD

Once I get out of class and finish up some homework I'm hoping to start everyone's stories. School and work has been busy this week. Can't wait for the weekend!
    yaHATa3.png
    @AllieMac That sounds like a fun challenge and I can't wait to start reading if. Thanks for the tidbits of help! I'll be sure to use those as I seem to forgot about all the emotion items and things I can do to make my matriarch flirty. Not just a newbie thing, I get the same way too. If I let myself if jam so much into such a little time it was confusing and then would lose focus becuase if have nothing left to write.

@Thymeless I saw the title for your last chapter and can't wait to c ft caught up to see the ghost grandmas!!! Ya I feel like I'm in a different time zone too! I'm in bed when all the action happens.

@DeiraShadeweaver No worries, take your time. I know the feeling of crazy work schedules, they're a bummer. That's so cool about all those rats. I think they're cute! A friend of mine had I think 13 at one point plus many other animals.
    I just took two hours to produce this. Now I feel much better in my head without the story voice constantly nagging at me!

It's a rather long chapter... but I kind of went with the flow.
    Meet Tony McGregor.

1.jpg?w=640
    @CathyTea
    I read them in my break! I love how you describe relationships. I feel Shannon, I really do... I never wanted to live in a traditional relationship, but it is currently forced on me and I can't break away without damaging several people so I'm in a kind of weird state... I am unhappy but I can't change it and I am trying to keep my sanity by escaping into other worlds and stories... my own personal life story makes me sad and afraid and very angry.

There is a song by Amanda Palmer that speaks to me on a very deep level. It's called Ampersand. Look it up!
    The refrain goes like that...

And I'm not gonna live my life on one side of an ampersand
    And even if I went with you I'm not the girl you think I am
    And I'm not gonna match you
    Cause I'll lose my voice completely yeah
    I'm just gonna watch you
    Cause I'm not the one that's crazy

Wow! That's quite a song--I watched the video. She's really powerful.

I really have always liked Shannon Arker--I like the way she's presenting herself in this story. I'm like both her and Marigold: I'm super independent at my core, and I also very much want closeness. My boyfriend (we've been together for most of my life--met when I was really young) is the same way, fortunately. Often, we're in sync with our rhythms for closeness and independence. At the times we're out of sync, I try to remember that mostly we are.

Writing is amazing in how it can bring sanity. And I've noticed, too, that the challenges and tensions we face in our own lives can often add depth to our writing.
    @DeiraShadeweaver I've never had a rat before, but I've always thought they were so cool. One day I'll have a little rat buddy. Right now I'm owned by my dog and 9 birds. So, if you ever want to talk animals, I'm here. I could go on for hours about my babies, and love hearing about others experiences with their animals.

@CathyTea Yeah, I think I talked about wanting to start an animal rescue someday. And I know I've mentioned my love of animals in the Writer's Lounge before. I just can't help it. XD

Once I get out of class and finish up some homework I'm hoping to start everyone's stories. School and work has been busy this week. Can't wait for the weekend!

Yeah, now I remember when you mentioned your plans of starting an animal rescue! So exciting. I can talk about animals forever, too. I'd love to hear about your birds! I am a big bird lover! My bird friends are wild ones that live in or visit my garden!

Ya I feel like I'm in a different time zone too! I'm in bed when all the action happens.

You know... it's possible that several of you are in the same time zone! I'm GMT -7 . (I'm in Mountain Standard Time.)

I'm really having fun reading the stories in our circle!

I'm all caught up on @DeiraShadeweaver 's story. I love it so much! Forest Girl is awesome, and I love how introspective she is.

I have one side story and three chapters to read in @Thymeless 's Centauri Legacy. My mornings have been made so happy this past week through reading this story after breakfast! I love the way that the game's events are interwoven into the story.

I read @pixelatedKar 's One Hundred Gnomes yesterday--What a great start! I'm a huge fan of
    Jacques Villareal
    so I can't wait to see how that develops!

I need to catch up with @supernatural103 's Isaac Sisters (started it last year, and need to catch up now!) and I'm excited to start @AllieMac 's Drifter Challenge. I love Drifter Challenges!

I'm really happy with our circle, too! It's great to have such neat stories to read and such neat writers to talk with!

edited September 2016
    I'm in the eastern time zone. I wrote the next chapter for my story this morning, I'm excited to share it, but I've decided to put myself on a release schedule. Not exactly sure on the dates yet but that's the plan.

This way instead of focusing so much on writing chapters and publishing them as soon as I can I will have a steady pace and catch up on my reading. So for I'm on generation two of @Thymeless story and read the first paragraph of Whisper by @CathyTea before I was interrupted on my break at work.

I can't wait to start reading everyone's stories. This will give me a chance on nights I feel I need to catch up on writing to kick back and read on my tablet instead of worrying.
    Tony and Natalia now have a son. It may be spoilers. But since it's an EP playthrough, and I'm almost done with Tony's LTW, his son is supposed to go on adventures and tomb-raiding. His name is Sean. Sean McGregor has a nice, scottish ring to it. Also reminds of Shaun the Sheep. If you're unfamiliar of Shaun the Sheep, look it up, it is adorable. I watched it with my daughter when she was little but she's not interested in it anymore.

I know what I want to write for Martell Legacy but I don't like it when I know. It's more fun to me to sit down and just let things happen. So there is a small resistance but I will sure overcome it on the weekend or next week.

Today will be a super busy day for me so no writing... and tomorrow is a very important day where I have to show everybody I'm not as dumb as I look and actually learned things. I hate supervised driving. I hate it when I'm not alone in the truck. I generally prefer being alone when working. The two years I spend as a cashier in a busy drugstore were basically the worst in my life career-wise. I hated getting up in the mornings. I hated going to bed because it meant I will have to get up soon. All the people constantly watching, talking to you, making eye contact, intruding upon your thoughts... no, I'm not a people person in real life. I need my space.

But Friday will be a culmination of everything I worked for for the past year so I have to get through it. Of course I'm afraid to fail. It's a one time chance, I fear. If I fail, there will be no next try. I hope my supervisor will have a good night's sleep and a nice morning so he would be in a good mood. :smiley: