Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 and Sierra

Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
Upgraded to Sierra today and Sims 3 seems to run just fine. Haven't played any but did start up the game to make sure that it started up.

***Edit***

It's plays very smoothly and wonderfully under Sierra. Played yesterday for several hours and didn't have any problems.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
Post edited by Tremayne4260 on

Comments

• Options
    pinkshellt4pinkshellt4 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello,

I hope someone here can help me?

I have a late 2013 imac with plenty of RAM, storage and good graphics card. My Sims 3 was working perfectly fine till now.

I got some Sims 3 stuff packs and installed them, however they did not work. I realised i had to update my game through my sims launcher, so I unistalled my stuff packs and updated my game. i reinstalled a stuff pack and tried to start my game and it just wouldn't no matter what i tried.

So I unistalled EVERYTHING, base game and all expansions etc. I did a thorough clean out (including all those pesky hanging around little folders that dont get unistalled).

i reinstalled my Sims 3 base game only and updated so in my launcher the version states;1.67.................

This still didnt work, the launcher loaded up fine, but when i press the play button, my imac sounds and looks like its booting up the game,but it either crashes on a black screen (mouse is on the screen and able to move it) or just closes the loading screen.

I have downloaded and installed the latest 'super-patch' for imac -didnt work

i have downloaded the Origin Application to see if that helped - nope

I am using the Discs, not the Origin downloadable Sims 3
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @pinkshellt4 which graphics card does your iMac have?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Hello BluebellFlora,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB graphics card
  • Options
    Hello BluebellFlora,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB graphics card

That's good, it's not an incompatible Intel.

Just downloading Origin makes no difference to your game. For Sims 3 it is used to download the game, not play it. If I were you I would:
    1. Cleanly uninstall absolutely everything Sims 3 related from your Mac. Empty your trash and restart your Mac
    2. Install the base game then install the super patch
    3. Open your game and see if it works
    4. If it works install your EPs/SPs in release date order (ignore any warnings about the game being a higher patch version than expected), load the game after each install to check if it is working

Don't put your user data back - saves, CC/Mods etc. - until you have the game up and running again.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Hello BluebellFlora,

Thank you for the help, however tried doing what you suggested a few times and the base game just isn't loading. Do you have any idea what else it could be?

• Options
    Try setting up a new administrator account on your Mac and installing the game using that account.
    apple-signature.png