Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims & Windows 10? (Problem Solved)

EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims (2000)
I have a old computer that still works but is a old pain clunky desk top & will not run my Sims 3 or Sims 4 games it is just to old & a pain in the rear. So I bought a beautiful shiny new laptop about a year ago that came with Window 10 as the OS & I can install the Sims 1 Complete Collection just fine but it will not play at all! I keep getting a message saying I'm not the administrator when I am, I even right clicked & put my self as the administrator. (I just doesn't come on at all & no error message either. ) Still no luck, I also downloaded Sims Homecrafter (because I want/need it & at this point thinking it won't work), well I tested Sims Homecrafter & it works great on Windows 10! So I looked at all the settings for it & matched my Sims 1 Complete Collection game to the exact same settings with no avail! :'(

How do I get it to work on my computer? Yes I know it is a old game but it is still fun to play. Plus I really want to toss the old dinosaur computer. :p

Edit: Please delete this thread, I found a fix that someone posted on the form for Windows 10 users. :)
Post edited by EternalRose on

Comments

• That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    I need to know how to run it on Windows 10! Can you give me the link to the post?
  • EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
    Sorry, I still can't get it to work either. The no CD hack will start the game, but that is all. It glitches & causes computer to freeze, so it's still not fixed!!! >:( You need to place the Sims 1 Complete Collection & fix the heads in the game & on Sims Creator, as well as fix Sims 1Homecrafter to show all the floors & walls that came with all the games EA! And all mentioned should be free as a Origin download to work with Windows 10, for all of your loyal customers that have had to deal with these issues. Would be awesome if you gathered all the special stuff that was made by Maxis as bonus to download as part of the game. Would be cool to get all the items from Sims Online that would work for it too. ;)