Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

hows city living gonna work

with a family 7?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    with a family 7?

Households can be the same size in apartments as in houses - that was confirmed. Some apartments are small so you might not be able to fit a family of 7 in. (We haven't seen bunkbeds or Murphy beds.) We *can* divide apartments into multiple rooms as needed, so that might help. It might also help that the festivals are neighbourhood space not separate lots so you should be able to have full control of Sims in your apartment or penthouse and at the local festival at the same time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    with a family 7?

I was planning for at least 11 - 15 in every apartment/penthouse since it's the only way for sims to spend time with each other autonomously. It should work perfectly, however you'll have to micro-manage every task! It isn't necessary for them all to sleep in the apartment - try turning one of the public venues into a 'karaoke hotel' or something.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    with a family 7?

I was planning for at least 11 - 15 in every apartment/penthouse since it's the only way for sims to spend time with each other autonomously. It should work perfectly, however you'll have to micro-manage every task! It isn't necessary for them all to sleep in the apartment - try turning one of the public venues into a 'karaoke hotel' or something.

karaoke hotel sounds sooo dodgy... :D

Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It shouldn't be any different than seven in a house.
  • rosepuckettrosepuckett Posts: 55 Member
    I think it will be the same as a house kind of like it was in TS3 with the apartments.
    It also depends on the age break down of the household. I have a family of eight I'd like to move into an apartment. Mom and Dad. Grandpa and Grandma. Ten boy, teen girl, boy child and girl child. That will require at least four bedrooms, so, that means, I'll have to redesign a larger apartment to fit my needs. I hope there is a unit that can handle four bedrooms and living areas.

I've also noticed that there isn't a lot of places for kids to hangout. In the Spice District, there is a basketball court and monkey bars. In Myshuno Meadows there is a second basketball court and a pirate ship. Other than those, there doesn't seem to be any other places for kids to play. IMO, all the neighborhoods should have a play park nearby. No one wants their kids wandering around the city looking for fun places to hangout. There should be something in every neighborhood like in the suburbs.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It also depends on the age break down of the household. I have a family of eight I'd like to move into an apartment. Mom and Dad. Grandpa and Grandma. Ten boy, teen girl, boy child and girl child. That will require at least four bedrooms, so, that means, I'll have to redesign a larger apartment to fit my needs. I hope there is a unit that can handle four bedrooms and living areas.

I've also noticed that there isn't a lot of places for kids to hangout. In the Spice District, there is a basketball court and monkey bars. In Myshuno Meadows there is a second basketball court and a pirate ship. Other than those, there doesn't seem to be any other places for kids to play. IMO, all the neighborhoods should have a play park nearby. No one wants their kids wandering around the city looking for fun places to hangout. There should be something in every neighborhood like in the suburbs.

you said it yourself, in the suburbs. This is the city, it's different
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Will it be like TS2 where you could have several sims living in one building? Or like TS3 where one "building" was essentially allocated as one single family lot?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Hot bedding is a solution to not having enough beds.
    8 sims in a house with enough bedspace for 4 to sleep at a time.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Will it be like TS2 where you could have several sims living in one building? Or like TS3 where one "building" was essentially allocated as one single family lot?

Apartment buildings can have two, three or four units on the same floor in the same building. There is a thread that lays them all out called Apartment Building And Units Info in the Sims 4 Expansion Packs section. (a little ways down from here)