Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible patch today?

My Origin just updated did anyone else have a update? It is Tuesday, so maybe a patch today? *fingers crossed*

Comments

• IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Not to be pessimistic, but origin updates have nothing to do with Sims 4 patches/updates. And plus, I believe @SimGuruDrake will post a gif or something that signifies excitement the day before patches are released.

On a brighter note, I think we may be receiving new news about the City Living EP this week :)
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Mines updating rn, but as far as I'm aware the Origin updates aren't any indication of a Sims update. @SimGuruDrake said she'd post an excited gif on the week we can expect an update, but she hasn't posted one yet, so I'd say no update this week. :)
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Not to be pessimistic, but origin updates have nothing to do with Sims 4 patches/updates. And plus, I believe @SimGuruDrake will post a gif or something that signifies excitement the day before patches are released.

On a brighter note, I think we may be receiving new news about the City Living EP this week :)

I hope we get some news on the City EP. I don't really know much about it yet.
    Mines updating rn, but as far as I'm aware the Origin updates aren't any indication of a Sims update. @SimGuruDrake said she'd post an excited gif on the week we can expect an update, but she hasn't posted one yet, so I'd say no update this week. :)

Oh okay, where do they post the picture?
    shadowicia wrote: »

I believe she'll post it on twitter. That's how it's been for the past few updates.

I hope we get some news on the City EP. I don't really know much about it yet.

I'm actually looking forward to more news about this new EP, the trailer was exciting, but I'm looking forward to learning more about the apartments. I already planned a whole new storyline for this ep. It would be more relatable to me because I live in an apartment :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I believe she'll post it on twitter. That's how it's been for the past few updates.

... but for those who are all "But I don't wanna use Twitter!," someone always updates the forums immediately about it, as for anything Sims-newsworthy on Twitter.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    Why do you guys tag SimGuruDrake when mentioning her casually? It's as if you want her to respond to your statement.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Usually Thursday is patch day.
    aclavo wrote: »
    Why do you guys tag SimGuruDrake when mentioning her casually? It's as if you want her to respond to your statement.

?

I do it so it makes the name stand out. :tongue:
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Didn't SGD also say no more gifs? There was like a poll or something...?

I saw a tweet somewhere, maybe here...! I might've misinterpreted it but she definitely said no gifs.

@SimGuruDrake, care to enlighten us?

--T
    aclavo wrote: »

Why does it bother you? I tagged her so that she could verify my statement so that it wouldn't be misleading information, just in case I may have misread that she would give us a gif again for patches after she stated that she wasn't, just as @To7m said.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I think she meant that for the teaser?

Ah. I don't use twitter..
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    what game is your screen shot shadowicia?
    what game is your screen shot shadowicia?

It's not in game screen shot, Its from GMOD. But the characters Nick and Ellis are from Left 4 Dead 2, a zombie shooter game.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    if you haven't updated to the new origin, then that could be your possible origin update because they slowly phasing out the old look.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Patches are usally thursdays? I think? I can't remember its been so long since I've been able to play on an update day XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    To7m wrote: »

I saw a tweet somewhere, maybe here...! I might've misinterpreted it but she definitely said no gifs.

--T

The gif was for the quarterly teasers. As the summer teaser wasn't as well accepted, they've decided no more gif renders like that for the future.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To7m wrote: »

--T

The gif was for the quarterly teasers. As the summer teaser wasn't as well accepted, they've decided no more gif renders like that for the future.

Ah, ok. Thanks :)

--T
  • GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    Has anyone not been enjoying the orgin update I hate the squashy space.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    It'll probably be this coming up Tuesday. ^.^
  • LBDXLBDX Posts: 382 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

Thursdays are typically patch days when there is a pack or something coming out the following Tuesday, otherwise Tuesdays are typically patch days.

That being said, we haven't had a patch this month, and we were promised our "new ways to play every month" so I would assume we get something today, since it is the last Tuesday of the month.
    CyXin77.gif
    American in Canada. Spoon rest enthusiast.
    Origin ID: texeganjane
    How to fix miscellaneous bugs in your Sims 4 game, here!
    LBDX wrote: »

Thursdays are typically patch days when there is a pack or something coming out the following Tuesday, otherwise Tuesdays are typically patch days.

That being said, we haven't had a patch this month, and we were promised our "new ways to play every month" so I would assume we get something today, since it is the last Tuesday of the month.

I'm hoping for a patch today...
  • LBDXLBDX Posts: 382 Member
    LBDX wrote: »

I'm hoping for a patch today...

Me too! I always get very excited for them.
    CyXin77.gif
    American in Canada. Spoon rest enthusiast.
    Origin ID: texeganjane
    How to fix miscellaneous bugs in your Sims 4 game, here!