Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bassinet will not change color after baby is inside.

Prior to before this update, I did not have this problem. If I bought a yellow or green bassinet before the baby was born; I could always change the color once it was born. It seems this latest update has broken that. Anyone else?

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Prior to before this update, I did not have this problem. If I bought a yellow or green bassinet before the baby was born; I could always change the color once it was born. It seems this latest update has broken that. Anyone else?

Annoying, isn't it? It wasn't the last update that broke it, I don't remember when, but it's been like that for a while now. And I hope they fix it soon. :)
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Eh. You're right. It's probably been a couple updates. I stopped having babies in my game until recently. I found I got too bored with the "lack of family play" with just an average family with no goals or storyline... So I started playing Challenges. I just started the Disney Princess Legacy Challenge, and i'm actually enjoying myself.( I JUST unlocked (yesterday) the "getting started" achievement for playing 5 hours- if that tells you anything- I bought the game the day after it came out- had it all this time, and never got engrossed enough to play for 5 hours!) It's been refreshing...I'm not sure if the interactions between the children and parents were broadened since the last time I played or not, but I really like all the "family" interactions especially... those very much add to my game play!

SO with needing to have so many babies for my challenge, that was when I discovered the issues. Any update applied within the last 6 months would be on my radar. That was the last time I played with a family that had a baby prior to the last couple of days.

Either way, you are absolutely right. Its annoying... It's frustrating... and it takes away from my game play. One of my favorite things to do when a Sim is expecting is decorate the nursery ... I'm betting i"m not alone in this. I want to paint the walls and pick out the carpet. Find the perfect rug and crib (thank you cc creators!)

...But since this update (applied within the last 6 months- but I don't play much-so it could be longer) that has been taken away. Not only does the Mod that I had to let the baby sleep in a different bed not work anymore... but now I can't even change the color on the bassinet. SMH. It's fine, I mean the babies are barely Sims anyway. I compare them to a pet. Yeah. Like the Guinea Pig from The original Sims game. SMH. They live in their little cage, you can't control them or click on them unless you want to feed them, play with them, or clean their cage. SMH.

I guess I really enjoyed being able to change the color to suit the nursery- that tiny little part- that made them "individuals" and not Guinea Pigs. It's sad that this has been going on for at least 6 months and nothing has been done about it. SMH.

EDIT: I'm ashamed to say its been an issue for waay longer. This post thread for complaining has been up since Dec of 2015. SMH...and the Devs team is worried about changing the name of wall paper. SMH.