Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you use to Edit and Record???

Comments

• mysimsandi2mysimsandi2 Posts: 105 Member
    for recording i use the one that provided by the sims 4 and for editing i use VSDC
  • ElizabethBoElizabethBo Posts: 3 New Member
    Help!!!

Hi, I want to start making Sims 3 LPs and I tried 3 different programs but, with all of them, once I check the video it comes out really dark. I'm thinking it might be a codec problem but I've tried many different ones and it won't show the accurate colors/lighting.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Help!!!

Hi, I want to start making Sims 3 LPs and I tried 3 different programs but, with all of them, once I check the video it comes out really dark. I'm thinking it might be a codec problem but I've tried many different ones and it won't show the accurate colors/lighting.
    Hi @ElizabethBo, It could well be a codec problem, or any number of other issues with video cards, graphics settings and so on that I don't know enough about to help with but I suspect that TS3 generally records dark anyway. :(

I have seen quite a few other videos where it is a little too dark and for my own videos I have to increase the 'gamma' when recording and even then I often lighten it a little more in my video editor!
  • elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 783 Member
    Hi guys are there any good programs to record voice and screen at the same time or do most people just voice over their videos late? I have recorded afew sims videos with just the sims camera but they are not great, please check out my YouTube, Lakkita 92 as I would love some feedback on how to make these videos better, thanks
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
  • pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    Fraps is an amazing recording software and it shows yours FPS although you need to pay for full version, I think it's worth it
    @pri4321 im looking for a free one to start with, then maybe upgrade to a better one once I am better at recording
    does anyone have the problem of Windows Movie maker not reading MP4 videos, they come up in movie maker but don't play
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    does anyone have the problem of Windows Movie maker not reading MP4 videos, they come up in movie maker but don't play
    Are you sure you have all the codecs ?
    Candyd wrote: »
    Are you sure you have all the codecs ?

@Candyd nahh I dont think I did have all the codecs, I went online and updated my movie maker to 2012 and it seems to work okay now. When it wasnt working I only hav 2011 version
  • MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member
    I use OBS to record most of my stuff now and I use Movie Maker to edit. Although I used to use Xsplit and it was the most laggy program I've ever tried and I don't recommend it at all. I tried a free trial of Camtasia Studios 8(I think it was 8) and I really liked it, although if you try to put other recorded files from other programs it won't work, but it's actually decent. I'm currently learning how to edit with Sony Vegas so I can make some better quality videos but it can be a little bit complicated at times.
    Definitely worth looking into different programs that work best for you :smile:
  • heybearheybear Posts: 15 New Member
    Recording: OBS *fo' sho*
    Audio: Audacity *completely free and user friendly*
    Editing: NCH VideoPad *free for the trial that doesn't expire however you cannot export the videos unless you buy the software (like $40 US). The software itself is very user friendly for someone who is new to the game and is nice because you can have seperate audio tracks so for speed builds its kinda nice.*
    Thumbnails: PicMonkey *So many options to be creative here! I def. recommend investing in the membership because obv. you get so much more. Not to mention its user friendly c:*

Hope this helps someone out!

YT Channel @heybear

Later! XOXO
  • Scott_PlaysScott_Plays Posts: 15 New Member
    I used to use FRAPS a long time ago, but the filesize is massive and I started having random black frames while editing... Now I use OBS and I'm really happy with it. To edit I use MAGIX Movie Edit Pro. It does cost a decent amount, but I like how it is relatively simple while still having a large amount of tools to edit.
  • anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    I use OBS to record my videos! And movie maker to edit. For my speedbuilds I do my voiceover in movie maker and for my let's plays i just record my mic with OBS :)
  • KeisyoKeisyo Posts: 3 New Member
    For recording I use OBS and then I edit with IMovie. Really want to get a new program but as for now it works :)
  • NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    I currently use Game DVR for my PC recording, and then I edit the footage with Arcsoft Showbiz and Handbrake. Saves me time and money while still allowing me to perform my best work. Game DVR is proprietary to Windows 10 with the Xbox App.

I have previously used Fraps, Bandicam, and SmartPixel, each of them having their own merits and flaws. I make videos exclusively on the original Sims 1 game and its seven expansion packs.
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    I use FRAPS as well Although i need to Get it again depends on whats easier for you :)
  • bunnyvalebunnyvale Posts: 159 Member
    For recording I would recommend Fraps - it's easy to use but if you don't want to spend money CamStudio also works.

I usually edit my CAS and Let's Play videos with Sony Vegas(not free) which is very good editing program or Adobe Premiere(not free). If you're using Windows you might use Windows Movie Maker(don't recommend it) or if you're on Mac iMovie(better than WMM).
    ♡♡♡
    szd47k.gif
  • RedQueenEffectRedQueenEffect Posts: 3 New Member
    I use:
    Bandicam to record the gameplay
    Audacity to record my voiceover (best news is it's freeee!!!)
    Adobe Premiere Pro to edit my videos
    Adobe Photoshop to edit my thumbnails

I hope this helps :)
  • MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    I use OBS to record(free without watermark)
    And Hitfilm 4 express for editing(free software)
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • iMickeyNikkiiMickeyNikki Posts: 43 Member
    I use xSplit Gamecaster for audio and video and I use Movavi Video Editor 12 for editing! both are very simple to learn how to use! I am just starting my channel and am in the process of posting my first video now! Very easy to use!

Edit this.... I still use xSplit but I did upgrade my Movavi to a paid version! It is wonderful and I love how easy and user friendly it is.
    My Youtube Channel youtube.com/c/yohosimmer
  • ssssimyalaterssssimyalater Posts: 36 Member
    @fionaloveserrano there are some tutorials on how to use OBS if that helps? :O sorry I can't upload any links just yet. Hopefully maybe you've sorted it out already though :)
  • SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    Fraps to Capture, Edit in Sony Vegas
  • Revile2nrRevile2nr Posts: 18 New Member
    for recording I use an HDPVR that connects my gaming PC to my recording PC, for editing I just use Movie Maker...I'm not the best with editing lol, but I don't need to edit much:)
  • JessPlaysJessPlays Posts: 58 Member
    I use OBS to record and then I edit with Lightworks. Both programs are free. Lightworks is a bit slow and clunky but it gets the job done and it is really easy to do voicovers and adjust the speed of your footage.
  • comstarhatesucomstarhatesu Posts: 53 Member
    I use OBS to record and Adobe Premiere to edit. I do have to pay a little bit to use Premiere, but its worth it and I've found it easy to use. OBS is super easy to use as well and it's free.
    Check out my YouTube channel, ComStar Sims: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_kBzfB0REHNLOZyucASjA?view_as=subscriber Thanks! ~ Brittney