Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

Comments

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    She Is Stunning!!!!!!!!!!! @allharlowseve <3<3<3@MyFavoritedesign -- Try Taking Off Jewelry......... / Accessories And See How That Works.......... I've Had To Do That With SOME CC HUGZZZZZZZ <3<3<3:D:D:D
    Thank you @TEXASTWANGTONYA! ♥♥ Some tanks and bras are ok..
    aePk9Nr.jpg

7HX1Vwg.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'd like a couple of judges for my new comp, "mixed bag" so if anyone is interested, please go here and let me know, thanks. :)

"Mixed Bag"

• VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Hey guys!

I've had requests to do some Photoshop tutorials and I was wondering what you'd all like to see!

I have a degree in graphic design so I probably know some of the tips and tricks you guys may want.

Right now I have planned:
    ~Layer masks
    ~Blending modes (I know you all know how to use them but I'd explain their theory)
    ~Pen tool
    ~Rendering lighting and lens flares, and their theory
    ~Color theory (how to successfully use a color palette and the different types of color relationships)
    ~Pantone tutorial (How to convert an RGB or CMYK color into its closest Pantone color, and vice versa, for those of you that like using Pantone's color of the year for things)
    ~Camera Raw filter (your image doesn't have to be Raw to use this, and you can do neat stuff with it)

That's about all I've got, so if there's something you're iffy on or you saw a cool effect somewhere that you want to do, let me know!

Disclaimer: I am in school full time for my next degree but I will try to set aside some time to make a tutorial maybe once every 2-3 weeks.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    @Vanadis I'd love a photoshop tutorial, that'd be so great! I'm also taking a photoshop class at the moment so that would line up perfectly
    origin id: lanathesimmer
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @MyFavoritedesign -- Yes It's A Hit Or Miss With CC.... And Jewelry.............. ALSO I've Had My Kiijo Lashes ( Think That's Right Spelling ) Go Wonky With Jewelry Or Other Accessories................ ARGH.......... :s:s:s

Sounds Wonderful VANA.........!!!! Thanks Love @Vanadis <3<3<3
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    I've recently posted a step-by-step tutorial on how to cut Sims from their backgrounds in Photoshop and Premiere Pro, check it out if you're interested :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2b4XwwC100
  • lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    @hellbunny123 I'll definitely check out your tutorial!
    origin id: lanathesimmer
    edited February 2018
    I'm excited! This is my very first "successful" pose. I was happy with the outcome. I still need lots of practise with fine features of the face and such, but at least it worked! It still looks a little awkward, but I was happy with most of it. I haven't edited it or anything, just wanted to share.

lQa1AvD.png

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Very well done @Jendowoz0612 :)
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Looks great @Jendowoz0612! Much better than the first pose I ever made for Sims 3.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    Thank you, @abelhinha35 and @Vanadis . I'll keep practising.

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Very well done @Jendowoz0612! <3<3 I'm still at the recolouring stage. I'm afraid to start doing poses. I combine the ones that are already done. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
    Thanks, @MyFavoritedesign I want to give that a go later also.

This is another pose I tried today.
    clrNifn.png

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2018
    edited April 2018
    Apparently someone is working on a multiplayer mod for Sims 4. :O Does anyone plan to use it?

They said in the replies that mods/CC, as long as both people have the same ones, should work in the multiplayer. Ohhh, I wonder if this means poseplayer could work? We could easily do group photos. :smiley:

RIP community.
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited May 2018
    hey all!!!!!!!

To my fellow GIMP users, The 2.10 version is now FINALLY out! and I'm SHOOK and excited. lol I feel like a little kid that just got a new toy :joy:

https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.10.html

one of the new features is automatic Alpha channel generation... and its great! plus a TON... like a TON of other stuff

using some of the new features to re-vamp some old edits, the new features are REALLY nice and versatile.

Old edit:
    3uzdvgc.jpg

Re-vamp with 2.10
    rz3xwqf.jpg
    Post edited by Penguinwa101 on
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Thanks for the link @Penguinwa101 <3 This is soooo awesome. :)
    edited May 2018
    one of the new features is automatic Alpha channel generation... and its great! plus a TON... like a TON of other stuff
    @Penguinwa101 SHUT. THE. FRONT. DOOR. That's epic! Honestly, that should have been added years ago. I never understood why we had to take an extra step for cutting in Gimp when PS and several other programs add it automatically. :sweat_smile: Thanks for posting this!

Ohhhh I'm looking at the update list now, it looks similar to PS! Omg, this is freakin' awesome. I'm going to go fangirl quietly in a spoiler. :lol:
    This is a prerequisite for adding non-destructive editing planned for v3.2.
    You guys are getting the gooood stuff! I hope that update comes out soon, Gimp really needs it.

And layersssssss, they updated layerssssssssss. :astonished:
    New Unified Transform tool simplifies making multiple transforms, such as scaling, rotating, and correcting perspective in one go.
    giphy.gif

As such, the new tool retires the old iWarp filter that was innovative at the time of its inception (and pre-dated Photoshop’s Liquify filter), but was ultimately cumbersome to use. The Warp Transform tool also features an Eraser mode to selectively remove changes, previously unavailable in the iWarp filter.
    RIP Maggie's tutorial. I'll have to make a new one for my thread. :cry: This is still good though, glad they upgraded.

https://youtu.be/OmOyQyuiO_E

I can't believe it. :scream: I hope they get that out soon, that's a fantastic tool. Now I'm wondering if PS has one? I'll need to look into that. That makes the liquify and several other options obsolete when it comes to positioning Sim body parts.
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    @Penguinwa101 SHUT. THE. FRONT. DOOR. That's epic! Honestly, that should have been added years ago. I never understood why we had to take an extra step for cutting in Gimp when PS and several other programs add it automatically. :sweat_smile: Thanks for posting this!

Ohhhh I'm looking at the update list now, it looks similar to PS! Omg, this is freakin' awesome. I'm going to go fangirl quietly in a spoiler. :lol:
    This is a prerequisite for adding non-destructive editing planned for v3.2.
    You guys are getting the gooood stuff! I hope that update comes out soon, Gimp really needs it.

And layersssssss, they updated layerssssssssss. :astonished:
    New Unified Transform tool simplifies making multiple transforms, such as scaling, rotating, and correcting perspective in one go.
    giphy.gif

As such, the new tool retires the old iWarp filter that was innovative at the time of its inception (and pre-dated Photoshop’s Liquify filter), but was ultimately cumbersome to use. The Warp Transform tool also features an Eraser mode to selectively remove changes, previously unavailable in the iWarp filter.
    RIP Maggie's tutorial. I'll have to make a new one for my thread. :cry: This is still good though, glad they upgraded.

https://youtu.be/OmOyQyuiO_E

I can't believe it. :scream: I hope they get that out soon, that's a fantastic tool. Now I'm wondering if PS has one? I'll need to look into that. That makes the liquify and several other options obsolete when it comes to positioning Sim body parts.

I LOVE IT! i've been playing around in it Re-Vamping some of my old favorite edits... and its like someone put a magic wand and fixed all the bad quality noise in them and the unified perspective tool is LIFE! <3<3<3
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    YOOOOO!

Maggie here, peeping in from the shadows. I doubt any of you know me, but if you do, HAAAYYY!

@MizoreYukii hello, love, hows it been??
    awww, mizzie, i just saw you still have a banner i made for you, you so sweet.
    actually i meant to say i recognize the simmetry design banner, i didnt make it, i used it before. im a slow 🐸🐸🐸🐸 today, im sorry.

im fumbling. i should go back to lurking...
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    YOOOOO!

Maggie here, peeping in from the shadows. I doubt any of you know me, but if you do, HAAAYYY!

@MizoreYukii hello, love, hows it been??

omg maggie!! Hiiii!
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
    > @heather1306 said:
    > MaggieSims2018 wrote: »
    >
    > YOOOOO!
    >
    > Maggie here, peeping in from the shadows. I doubt any of you know me, but if you do, HAAAYYY!
    >
    > @MizoreYukii hello, love, hows it been??
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > omg maggie!! Hiiii!

HAAY. Nice to see you here! Are you still modeling? I missed modeling and decided to stop by :)