Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does Origin/EA have against Portuguese?

pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
edited August 2022 in Off Topic Chat
As the title says...

O101aCD.jpg

Cant they see that the Official Language and the Dialect are very diferent one from each other? The past sim games all had Portuguese language.. Now even origin says isn't supported anymore.. I mean... only in the dialect...? :(
“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    What do they have against most of the countries in the world whose language isn't even there?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • DougMontDougMont Posts: 14 New Member
    Maybe they're intending to converge pt-br and pt-pt in only one thing in the future...
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    DougMont wrote: »
    Maybe they're intending to converge pt-br and pt-pt in only one thing in the future...

That's exactly what they've been doing for the past few years. Just look at this new sims forum which doesn't have a functioning Portugal forums working. They're trying to divert people to the same forum site where people can understand each other regardless of the differences in their ways of language usage. (For example they have not set up a 'UK forums' yet oddly enough they have another site created for Aussies so sometimes it's really hard to figure out what they're thinking :p

'Este fórum está quase pronto. Pedimos que tenhas paciência enquanto concluímos a atualização.'

Por favor, redefina a palavra 'pronto' mais uma vez. It's been two years.

But seriously, if you're not planning to complete the site at all, why not bother deleting the option? :joy:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    My language isn't supported anymore too.... :(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    They don't even support the English, English language anyway. We in the UK have to put up with USA spelling.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    As the title says...

O101aCD.jpg

Cant they see that the Official Language and the Dialect are very diferent one from each other? The past sim games all had Portuguese language.. Now even origin says isn't supported anymore.. I mean... only in the dialect...? :(

I feel you guuurl.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

:s That makes zero sense we have a lot of grammatical differences, not just pronunciation.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I wouldn't mind if they didn't support Portuguse... I was ok with english.. But supporting a dialect only? It makes no sense... Or they support the portuguse language and the brazilian dialect or (in my opinion) didn't support anything... I dont know if I make myself understood.. Its like having Catalan or Galician on origin and not supporting Spanish.. zero sense :/
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited September 2016
    They don't even have Uk English for these forums. Believe it or not, Uk and Us English is very different.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I guess I should be happy I still can use Dutch and it isn't converted into Flemish xD

Sorry, it's a serious issue in which EA again makes some costumers feel like they don't care.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

:s That makes zero sense we have a lot of grammatical differences, not just pronunciation.

I never know you are a Portuguese, I thought you're a Slavic....guess I'm wrong
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    They don't even support the English, English language anyway. We in the UK have to put up with USA spelling.
    That bugs me too
    They don't even have Uk English for these forums. Believe it or not, Uk and Us English is very different.
    And then there's Australian English. It's got way more in comon with UK English than US English.

Our national footwear is considered to be a Plum word here. It's insulting, offensive and annoying to have to call em pluggas, cos it's not the right word!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top