Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your opinions on City Living changed?

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Hi,

I wanted to start a quick discussion and see if some of the people that weren't really interested in the upcoming EP opinions changed. From all the leaks it sounded great, not something I was really asking for, you know? That being said I thought if it was done well it would be a great thing for the community and game. After watching the trailer today, I'm officially excited cause this looks like an actual EP and the start of a new beginning for the Sims 4.

So back to what the topic is about, now that you've gotten the chance to take a look at the trailer and what's all to come, Are you now excited? I think this could actually be a really good EP for some family players, living in close quarters and dealing with rude neighbors. Imagine the stories that could be told with this EP.
    ...snip

My opinion hasn't changed yet. It may after we have more info.

I expected a pretty world, check. I expected items for my sim to interact with, check. I expected CAS items, check. I expected build items, check.
    All these things are great, they look beautiful, the new tattoos look fab as do the new hairs. I really love the new apartment style floor-to-ceiling windows. No complaints about what I have seen so far at all. I just hope that there is more.

:D

You know....

Ummm...no?

Oh yes you do.

ok..never mind, I'm a bit confused about your initial reply to me but that's ok if you don't want to explain.

Very well. It is understandable that you would not have recalled. After all, I am one of the little people on this forum.

Two days ago we had an exchange in which you indicated that the people who were disappointed would not be posting. I replied that I looked forward to reminding you of that post. This exchange serves as that reminder.

That is all. Our business is now concluded; I'll show myself out.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Hi,

I wanted to start a quick discussion and see if some of the people that weren't really interested in the upcoming EP opinions changed. From all the leaks it sounded great, not something I was really asking for, you know? That being said I thought if it was done well it would be a great thing for the community and game. After watching the trailer today, I'm officially excited cause this looks like an actual EP and the start of a new beginning for the Sims 4.

So back to what the topic is about, now that you've gotten the chance to take a look at the trailer and what's all to come, Are you now excited? I think this could actually be a really good EP for some family players, living in close quarters and dealing with rude neighbors. Imagine the stories that could be told with this EP.
    ...snip

My opinion hasn't changed yet. It may after we have more info.

I expected a pretty world, check. I expected items for my sim to interact with, check. I expected CAS items, check. I expected build items, check.
    All these things are great, they look beautiful, the new tattoos look fab as do the new hairs. I really love the new apartment style floor-to-ceiling windows. No complaints about what I have seen so far at all. I just hope that there is more.

:D

You know....

Ummm...no?

Oh yes you do.

ok..never mind, I'm a bit confused about your initial reply to me but that's ok if you don't want to explain.

Very well. It is understandable that you would not have recalled. After all, I am one of the little people on this forum.

Two days ago we had an exchange in which you indicated that the people who were disappointed would not be posting. I replied that I looked forward to reminding you of that post. This exchange serves as that reminder.

That is all. Our business is now concluded; I'll show myself out.

Ohhh, right. Sorry I did not remember your post, it was not intentional at all.

lol touche! Although to be fair... I'm not disappointed yet, as I'm still waiting for more info. lol I genuinely do like what I have seen so far but still am hoping for some sort of game play that will satisfy my take on replayability.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    It has more content than I expected it to. There are features I think are cool but am I blown away? No. All I can say is that it seems decent just not amazing. I feel like this is a Barney comes to the city EP.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    This is not the pack I was looking for so therefore I am not that excited about it. I will most likely pick this up on a sale or something. First, I will wait for reviews though. The one part that kind of looks interesting is the possibility of electrical failures and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 roaches. So, I am going to wait a while.
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I was excited when I saw the leaks and I'm still excited now :) I'm worried though about the lack of expansion packs, as well as the lack of EPs revolving around family play, which is how I enjoy playing my game. If EPs are only going to be released once a year, think how long they could drag The Sims 4 on for. Maybe they planned to do it this way so they would have more time for The Sims 5 (if they make it) and to avoid making the same mistakes they made for The Sims 4.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I like the emphasis they are putting on going from a little, small apartment, possibly infested with cockroaches, power outages, etc. to a huge penthouse within the city. I like that type of gameplay in The Sims the most, where you have optional goals which you set yourself, choose whether or not to achieve them, and have the freedom to go your way to do so.

As for the rest of the pack, I definitely can't say I would pay full price/pre-order it. Before I'd even purchase it to begin with, I would need to see reviews first. One thing I'm concerned the most about is whether or not Sims will actually populate this big city. As it stands, I barely see as many Sims in the suburbs/Windenburg, and many lots, as I feel should be there. They more than definitely need to address that before this pack is released. A city world should be crowded with Sims.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Kbgirlee wrote: »
    sims-4-city-living-expansion-com.jpg

Am I the only one who's slightly obsessed with the boy on the left? He's so gorgeous!

He reminds me of Harry Styles.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @Sk8rblaze it's interesting you mention the amount of sims on lots etc. I thought I was just imagining it but I'm sure I just do not see as many sim on the community lots as I used to. It seems nowadays that when I take my sims to the nightclub that there are only about 7-8 other sims there. It feels very empty, not like it used to. I thought one of the screen shots taken of the festival lot at night looked quite empty so I hope this isn't a sign to come of empty-ish lots as the norm.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    @Sk8rblaze it's interesting you mention the amount of sims on lots etc. I thought I was just imagining it but I'm sure I just do not see as many sim on the community lots as I used to. It seems nowadays that when I take my sims to the nightclub that there are only about 7-8 other sims there. It feels very empty, not like it used to. I thought one of the screen shots taken of the festival lot at night looked quite empty so I hope this isn't a sign to come of empty-ish lots as the norm.

Yeah, the bars don't feel that populated. Even the cafes. Speaking of which, when I'm at a cafe, every Sim generated immediately flocks to the barista, and my Sim never gets their order in successfully. :neutral: They really need to work on Sim generation and AI of Sims, IMHO.

Am I the only one who's slightly obsessed with the boy on the left? He's so gorgeous!

I think the Sim in the middle looks pretty and very interesting -- the trailer showed her as a good karaoke singer. I hope they'll all be in the game/gallery!
  • ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    I like the girl on the right, with her city guide, big eyes mouth open and I am sure if there was a fly it would already have found its way into her mouth.
  • Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    While it'll probably be a good EP, i know i'll just play it for a few weeks, get bored then go back to TS3. I'm still waiting on Pets, Seasons etc.
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    While I am defiantly buying it and am super excited, I can't help but feel like the Sims 4 is just going to be non stop parties and gatherings. It does sound like a fun pack though, but with a closed world cities are defiantly not as exciting as they could be. However, I am excited to see what they do with it, because if walking outside your house becomes fun again I will be more then thrilled!
    Happy Simming!
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

This densely populated city has enough unique neighborhoods to give your Sims plenty to explore.

It all sounds interesting, but there are some things that concern me. I've snipped and bolded the main one that concerns me from your original post. "Densely populated" means a lot more sims, are they going to take major steps to address culling? I don't feel that I can formulate any sort of opinion on City Life until the devs have some actual real (more than a sound bite) communication with us about culling, stop making it so aggressive, and stop dropping new forms of it and/or making major adjustments in patches without informing us.

The second thing is that I need the ability to build various types of multi-family residences on any of the Sims 4 worlds. I don't want just apartments or penthouses in San Myshuno. I'd like to build condos in Oasis Springs, Victorian style painted lady townhomes in Willow Creek, flats in Windenburg, or duplexes in Newcrest. It's one thing I really like about the apartment feature in Sims 2. I'm not limited to just apartments. I can build just about any type of multi-family dwelling I can think of.

So until I get some updates about those two concerns, my opinion has remained unchanged.

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I get the frustration. The lack of lifestates is irritating. I do question the amount of time they spend making things nobody asked for while ignoring what the community wants. I'm not trying to hate because I understand the cost and amount of time that would go into creating a new lifestate, but wouldn't it be worth it to make something people really want rather than a bunch of little things people don't care that much about? Again, no hate because I love the sims, just stating my opinion.

Things YOU didn't want, not nobody. Simmers have been asking for apartments and a city world since the base game.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It looks nice but your rule is still limited if you can't create your apts as you could in Sims 2. Imho there is good and bad issues with CL. I guess there is going to be a limited amount of complexes to choose from looking at the way that CL was designed. However for others it might be a boon but for me this EP shows it restrictive side. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    It looks nice but your rule is still limited if you can't create your apts as you could in Sims 2. Imho there is good and bad issues with CL. I guess there is going to be a limited amount of complexes to choose from looking at the way that CL was designed. However for others it might be a boon but for me this EP shows it restrictive side. :(

Where did you find more info on this? Did they post another blog or anything?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i dont play the sims4 much but i like the idea of this
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    While I am defiantly buying it and am super excited, I can't help but feel like the Sims 4 is just going to be non stop parties and gatherings. It does sound like a fun pack though, but with a closed world cities are defiantly not as exciting as they could be. However, I am excited to see what they do with it, because if walking outside your house becomes fun again I will be more then thrilled!

As i already said i like this EP and i am definitely buying it, but i believe (wish) that this the last Ep about partying gathering etc. I think they have exhausted the theme now and it is time to move on to other type of EP's! That is what i believe wikl happen! :)
  • KbgirleeKbgirlee Posts: 105 Member

I think the Sim in the middle looks pretty and very interesting -- the trailer showed her as a good karaoke singer. I hope they'll all be in the game/gallery![/quote]

I know, I love her too! They will most likely be townies like the sims on the box art for GT were. I think it could be cool to play with all three of them.
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I like the emphasis they are putting on going from a little, small apartment, possibly infested with cockroaches, power outages, etc. to a huge penthouse within the city. I like that type of gameplay in The Sims the most, where you have optional goals which you set yourself, choose whether or not to achieve them, and have the freedom to go your way to do so.

As for the rest of the pack, I definitely can't say I would pay full price/pre-order it. Before I'd even purchase it to begin with, I would need to see reviews first. One thing I'm concerned the most about is whether or not Sims will actually populate this big city. As it stands, I barely see as many Sims in the suburbs/Windenburg, and many lots, as I feel should be there. They more than definitely need to address that before this pack is released. A city world should be crowded with Sims.

I was always concerned about whether Sims would populate a place in the Sims 3, but I've never really had to worry about that with the Sims 4 as there are always so many in my game.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2016
    Simanite wrote: »

Unfortunately this picture just reminds me how much these Sims need eyelashes. Especially the male. What can I say, you can't help what your first thought is when you see something.

ETA: And with second glance not thrilled about that revisited '70's fashion. Nor a remake of the headband, I don't see those fashions around here in over thirty years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KbgirleeKbgirlee Posts: 105 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

Unfortunately this picture just reminds me how much these Sims need eyelashes. Especially the male. What can I say, you can't help what your first thought is when you see something.

ETA: And with second glance not thrilled about that revisited '70's fashion. Nor a remake of the headband, I don't see those fashions around here in over thirty years.

I can't have my sims without eyelashes now. Do you use cc? Kijiko is the queen of eyelashes.
    Also, I love the cas items I'm seeing so far, but they might not be completely reflective of big city fashion.
  • HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    Yes and no. The pack does look fun, with lots of new features that will definitely add to the game. But still not the next EP I wanted. I was really hoping for a Seasons pack so I could finally use my Christmas and Halloween decor. Guess they'll have to sit in boxes for another year. In the meantime I'm sure City Living will fill that widening content void in my Sims lives (for a bit).
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    For me, it isn't that my opinion changed. It's a case of excitement that a new pack is coming out and then after the initial excitement, you start to ask questions. I already preordered the EP and I'm excited no matter what, but at the same time I have questions and hopes about what exactly I can do in the game. Can I build an apartment? Can I use elevators in other builds?

I do agree that I would have liked other life states, but I wanted apartments too. TBH, what I really want is Into The Future (and/or past) since we really didn't play that long before they came out with Sims 4.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Where did you find more info on this? Did they post another blog or anything?
    Guess I fell into that old trap and went off another post but if this this the case my post will still stand. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen