Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medical Shots

KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
edited September 2016 in Off Topic Chat
So I just got a shot. Normally I'm pretty good with them (been getting them since birth due to my heart defect), but I was reading many horror stories about this specific shot.

Luckily, it all ended up okay, and all I've got is a sore arm :) but I was wondering if anyone had any stories about shots? Whether they be hilarious or horrible, it'd be nice to hear about other shot-experiences people have had.
Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    They've been all whatever to me. It's such a regular thing at the doctor's like going to the toilet. Nothing funny or horrible.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Ah, wait.

This topic is about injections.
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I personally don't like needles, so shots kind of horrify me, but I have a high pain tolerance, so it's usually not to bad pain-wise, and if it is, I always take advil instead of what they tell you, tylenol.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I personally don't like needles, so shots kind of horrify me, but I have a high pain tolerance, so it's usually not to bad pain-wise, and if it is, I always take advil instead of what they tell you, tylenol.

What shots do you get that you have to take painkillers? I have never taken any painkillers for shots. And I have regular pain tolerance. I've never even experienced pain.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Simpkin wrote: »

What shots do you get that you have to take painkillers? I have never taken any painkillers for shots. And I have regular pain tolerance. I've never even experienced pain.

I don't remember what it was, but they said I could experience some pain in my arm for a few days after the shot. I was five or six, and I just remember my mom saying that when she had her wisdom teeth out advil worked a lot better, so she gave me that :D

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I don't have a problem with injections. I always go to the clinic to get my blood taken with my mom and she's always so much more scared than I am. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

I don't remember what it was, but they said I could experience some pain in my arm for a few days after the shot. I was five or six, and I just remember my mom saying that when she had her wisdom teeth out advil worked a lot better, so she gave me that :D

May have been Tetanus, since it's given directly into the muscle.

May have been Tetanus, since it's given directly into the muscle.

I think that's what it was... I don't know, it was something into a muscle

• Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    My arm hurt and felt strange after I had my tetanus and it just felt like it does when I move it wrong and it feels odd. I don't particularly care for injections but I'd rather have a few seconds of discomfort while getting it than have whatever condition the shot is protecting me against. Shots feel like a mosquito bite to me.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin