This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    MissLeeny wrote: »
    I'm really worried that the City will be a travel destination like in outdoor retreat, and not an actual place to live. Although i'd imagine they would know better than to make a City non-livable. Just the girls expression reminded me of a tourist, which makes me think it's for visiting....

Oh my, I certainly hope you are wrong, at least for the sake of forum climate. This is the first substantial content the game has received in about a year. If it ends up being only a destination and a few new gameplay objects I might have to drop this place from my bookmarks. The Overwatch forums would look civil by comparison.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    IM SO HYPED. Here's hoping the trailer tomorrow furthers the hype and doesn't disappoint. I hope the world is big, the apartments are gorgeous, and the gameplay is fun
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The leaps people make when jumping to conclusions amazes me. How can we live in apartments and penthouses if City Living is just a vacation pack like OR? Come on people, think before you type.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'm really worried that the City will be a travel destination like in outdoor retreat, and not an actual place to live. Although i'd imagine they would know better than to make a City non-livable. Just the girls expression reminded me of a tourist, which makes me think it's for visiting....

Oh my, I certainly hope you are wrong, at least for the sake of forum climate. This is the first substantial content the game has received in about a year. If it ends up being only a destination and a few new gameplay objects I might have to drop this place from my bookmarks. The Overwatch forums would look civil by comparison.

According to the leaks tourists are just NPCs and we're getting 2 types of apartments: sims 2 apartments and sims 3 penthouses.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    This EP looks sooooo promising, but the sims 4 and its EP's :'(:( . I hope this trailer tomorrow has a WOW factor that will get me to buy it
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    AHHHH I was planning on not buying a The Sims 4 expansion until a city living one came out! Finally, maybe I'll actually get into this game for more than one day in a row.
  • Options
    MissLeenyMissLeeny Posts: 4 New Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

According to the leaks tourists are just NPCs and we're getting 2 types of apartments: sims 2 apartments and sims 3 penthouses.

OH PHEW. I haven't looked into the leaks, so i wasn't aware. But that makes a lot more sense, and hopefully it's legit.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I can't be excited because all I can think of is what new type of culling this EP will introduce...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe it will just cull tourists.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    edited September 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    @HowGreatThouArt

/snip/
    29637388175_f2714d7872_o_d.jpg
    /snip/

7010e3c8b8.jpg

Oh My Stars!!!

I love the braid

39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't be excited because all I can think of is what new type of culling this EP will introduce...
    that's right... and all the new premades I'll have to delete + Windenburg and base game sims :(
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

New town, new NPCs, new Sims....more Sims...are we keeping the same population cap?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Am I the only one wondering if SimGuruDrake's hair is really purple? :p
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    mika wrote: »
    IM SO HYPED. Here's hoping the trailer tomorrow furthers the hype and doesn't disappoint. I hope the world is big, the apartments are gorgeous, and the gameplay is fun

ME TOO!! I think this is the video teams best trailer to date! Can't wait for you all to see :)

Here's hoping it will be 1 or 2 minutes long.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @HowGreatThouArt

/snip/
    29637388175_f2714d7872_o_d.jpg
    /snip/

7010e3c8b8.jpg

Oh My Stars!!!

I love the braid

Granite Falls has a lot of stars itself the most of any world.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    She is known to dye her hair all sorts of colors :P
    I think she said she changes her avatar to match her hair color so you may be right
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited September 2016

It is: http://twitter.com/SimGuruJessica/status/766317747588431872/photo/1 --I'm the one in the blue shirt on the bottom right ;) (that is also probably the worst picture of me and my hair lol)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    She is known to dye her hair all sorts of colors :P
    I think she said she changes her avatar to match her hair color so you may be right

Yep! It also helps people at work know exactly who I am by updating my sims hair cut and color to match my real hair :)
  • Options
    I really loved the fact they told us TODAY about the announcement tomorrow. Thank you, @SimGuruDrake ! That's the kind of thing that lots of us want! And I really can't wait to watch the trailer and see all the new things in this EP! It'll be 19h (7 PM) here in Norway and you'll announce it. I can't wait! :D

I probably had a lot of people confused as to why no excited gif but I figured that teaser helped confirm more than I could :smile:

Yes I'm suprised you didn't have a an excited gif today unless your planning on giving us one Wednesday if a patch is coming out Thursday. ;)
  • Options

No this is a home world like Windenburg. It isn't meant to be a vacation world.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member

It is: http://twitter.com/SimGuruJessica/status/766317747588431872/photo/1 --I'm the one in the blue shirt on the bottom right ;) (that is also probably the worst picture of me and my hair lol)
    Squeeee!!! I love it! <3

• Options
    I really loved the fact they told us TODAY about the announcement tomorrow. Thank you, @SimGuruDrake ! That's the kind of thing that lots of us want! And I really can't wait to watch the trailer and see all the new things in this EP! It'll be 19h (7 PM) here in Norway and you'll announce it. I can't wait! :D

I probably had a lot of people confused as to why no excited gif but I figured that teaser helped confirm more than I could :smile:

Yes I'm suprised you didn't have a an excited gif today unless your planning on giving us one Wednesday if a patch is coming out Thursday. ;)

No patch this week :) I'll still post an excited gif the week that happens.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Well turn me upside and down and paint me blue the leaks about it being City Life were correct I have egg on my face.But in all seriousiness I was trying to say it could be anything till it was confirmed I know I was being pushy sorry
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99