This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

Comments

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Oh my gosh if that is for real it will be sweet.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I think it looks amazing and I can't wait for the full trailer. And I can't believe those leaked images turned out to be real, I really thought that festival screenshot looked like CC/edited.

I thought they were fake too, so much so that I didn't even bother reading the threads. LOL Glad I was wrong!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I laugh when people say they want cars in the game to complete the "immersion" when they follow their sim to work through the streets. How's their immersion doing when that car runs through a sim on a bicycle or another car?
    Maybe people want TS2 style cars, with full animations and honking at people in the way
    Though given the fx cars already phase through sims idk if they'll do all that.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    xcrystalizexxcrystalizex Posts: 211 Member
    I'm actually excited to see what will be in this expansion! I am not a big city person but I am all for new settings for my sims to live in or visit. :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I laugh when people say they want cars in the game to complete the "immersion" when they follow their sim to work through the streets. How's their immersion doing when that car runs through a sim on a bicycle or another car?

I can handle that better than a mash up at the refrigerator where Sims reach though other Sims and the door passes through all of them.....yeah immersion at it's best!
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Maybe people want TS2 style cars, with full animations and honking at people in the way

They stop for ducks but not people. There was a section of the survey that asked about driving to places of interest on roads, so, one day there may be cars in S4.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I hope they show something new for kids in the trailer, I think that would help make family players feel included too instead of just focusing on adults (they did a good job of this with DO and KR/B SPs).

Same here. I saw something in one of the photos (the one with the people in the street) it looks like there are drawings on the side walk so maybe kids will get to draw on the side walks? They may can play basketball too? Hopefully they can order from the food booths. They look like a similar situation with how the cafes in GT work.

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

I actually do want cars, if they do it TS2 way. We had loading screens and all you saw was your car drive off your tiny section of the street, but the fact that we could use them as a secondary location to hang out, listen to music, build them, woohoo in, and all of that made them pretty neat. They were just another way to express your sim's personalty... plus having a portable woohoo location at all the venues your sim traveled to was pretty awesome. So, if they could give us cars that pulled up alongside the curb of the venue we selected to visit (thereby out of the way of street FX cars) then I would still like to see them.

If they're going to disappear into our pockets TS3 style, then I'd rather they didn't come to TS4 at all, because I see zero point in them existing in a sims game with loading screens, if that's all they're going to do.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I wonder if we will get more take out options in this EP? We already have pizza and from the images, it looks as we are getting Chinese and Indian food. I think that would be a great option for this EP since we'll have apartment living.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member

Totally digging the head scarf the sim at the picnic table is rocking in this picture! I just noticed she is also using chopsticks!
    CsL0uiGXEAAcuXl.jpg:large
    That head scarf is GORGEOUS! :o

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    @HowGreatThouArt

/snip/
    29637388175_f2714d7872_o_d.jpg
    /snip/

7010e3c8b8.jpg

I love this hair SO MUCH

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    Im nervous about the trailer as this ep will determine whether i drop 4 all together.

I know the feeling. I haven't dropped TS4 entirely but it's not my main sim game anymore. I play TS2 whenever I feel like playing The Sims. However Ts4 is still installed in my computer and I play it from time to time when I just want a quick gameplay session (pretty much the same way one would play Angry Birds). I guess I haven't yet given up on it entirely because I'm kind of hoping one of these days an EP will blow me away and make me feel excited about the game again...we'll see if this is it...

Exactly right my feelings too and love the angry birds reference :)
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited September 2016
    Don't know how deep into development this is, but you know what I'd really appreciate?

A bigger world, with less illustrated back drops and more usable space. Really hoping that this proves to be spectacular, we'll see.....

Interesting suggestion but in the Speculation area someone has already worked out that the new world might be small but that could still only be a rumour

Yep, I won' t be surprised by that actually.
    Post edited by noodlesandme on
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Does not seem like they added any supernatural to this EP.. :(

The clip was 9 seconds long...
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I see lot's of FX.. how intuitive and tactile. If it only was functional..

Will see tomorrow what this is.

Well, the fx makes the city look already more alive than bridgeport ever was.

Totally! It isn't like all the traffic lights and ACTUAL functional cars made Bridgeport alive or anything, right? :expressionless:

So instead of waiting for a loading screen, you preferred for your sim to waste half a day getting places in their car?

I'll admit that going from place to place in a houseboat could take a while but I've never had a TS3 car trip take longer than a TS4 loading screen. Even if it did you have the scenery to look at and not a white screen with a plum bob.

The difference for me personally was it took your sim half a day to get places when they took a car, which was frustrating. I can't even count the number of parties I got invited to and by the time I managed to get my sims there, the party was ending because I didn't leave home 4 hours early.

I would like it, though, if they added something to the loading screens--maybe just a short, lightly animated gif showing a car driving, a bus or trolley, or your sim walking even. I just finished up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and when you took the metro, you got a loading screen with a simple animation showing the character standing in a subway car, swaying, with people around him occasionally turning their heads or shuffling their feet. Very simple animation that played in a loop. I'd be fine with something like that.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    All these clothes with cultural influences are amazing, but just imagine what outfits people will be able to create with the unisex CAS option. I'm just excited from thinking about it!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    I actually cant wait for this pack
  • Options
    Trollwick82Trollwick82 Posts: 3 New Member
    OMG YES FINALLY!!!! I have waited forever for them to officially announce this we all knew this was coming
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    The way that things are being handled, leaked and all the havoc and frenzy that is going on reminds me of the Bean kids (don't want to use the real names) frenzy of the late 1990's, 1998-1999. The "secondary market" created the frenzy and kept it up by stories that never were official. In this case the 2nd market is who ever anonymously leaked in Brazil rating board. The strategy: make a big deal over the leaks and we will come, so when it really comes out...need I really go on? I am anxious for this and have said what so, I'm just saying, it's the Bean kids all over again...oh just to confirm knowledge of the doll frenzy, I made thousands being in the secondary market back then.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The more I think on this the less it seems that the EP will interest me in any meaningful way. What I am most curious about tomorrow will be the release date, as I think that will tell me much about how things will proceed moving forward. A date earlier in the 4th quarter would indicate the possibility of more packs coming sooner in 2017. A date closer to Christmas would seem to indicate the continuance of this 12-month release window. I am anticipating the latter in that regard.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Ambera wrote: »
    It looks like there's a bus stop or something and obviously the train/metro in the background. I'm so curious what that'd mean for the actual game play!

Haha it's probably just FX. I'm excited too but I don't trust EA to add any actual means of transport to this game, although I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. Our sims probably won't even be able to go down to that part of the city.

• Options
    MissLeenyMissLeeny Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm really worried that the City will be a travel destination like in outdoor retreat, and not an actual place to live. Although i'd imagine they would know better than to make a City non-livable. Just the girls expression reminded me of a tourist, which makes me think it's for visiting....
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I see lot's of FX.. how intuitive and tactile. If it only was functional..

Will see tomorrow what this is.

Well, the fx makes the city look already more alive than bridgeport ever was.

Totally! It isn't like all the traffic lights and ACTUAL functional cars made Bridgeport alive or anything, right? :expressionless:

So instead of waiting for a loading screen, you preferred for your sim to waste half a day getting places in their car?

I'll admit that going from place to place in a houseboat could take a while but I've never had a TS3 car trip take longer than a TS4 loading screen. Even if it did you have the scenery to look at and not a white screen with a plum bob.

The difference for me personally was it took your sim half a day to get places when they took a car, which was frustrating. I can't even count the number of parties I got invited to and by the time I managed to get my sims there, the party was ending because I didn't leave home 4 hours early.

I would like it, though, if they added something to the loading screens--maybe just a short, lightly animated gif showing a car driving, a bus or trolley, or your sim walking even. I just finished up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and when you took the metro, you got a loading screen with a simple animation showing the character standing in a subway car, swaying, with people around him occasionally turning their heads or shuffling their feet. Very simple animation that played in a loop. I'd be fine with something like that.

Maybe they could add an Uber driver and car to pick us up and drop us off. That would be new and current.