Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[S4]Modded Gameplay Stories, Hostess: egwarhammer, AKA The MC/Mods Cheerleader

egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
Sept 12, 2016, shortened thread title. ;)

So, I ended up in the wrong forum at first. Here we go, this is home. Thanks for coming along! :)

This first post is an introduction, not a story post. Those will be coming. :)

@Rowlena_Lauchenbaum asked me to kick it off, a thread (similar to the Happy Play thread) for those of us playing Sims 4 with MC Command Center and/or other mods/cc, to give us an area to share our modded gameplay stories.

She's put up a page, https://rlinmotion.blogspot.com/ to go along with this thread, with the MC Help thread here, and with playing Sims4 with MC/mods/cc in general. It's still under construction, but there is already some good info posted there.

If you play with mods and/or custom content (cc), feel free to post to this thread, if you'd like to share some of your game happenings with others.

We're also interested in builds, sims, cc, cool links, etc... whatever you'd like to share, if it involves mods (including cc), we'd enjoy seeing what you've done.

It'll probably be this coming week before *I* have anything to post about (well, time to put together a good one, actually), but I would love to read some of your stories. :)

So, who'd like to go first? What's up in your game? ;)
Post edited by egwarhammer on

Comments

• thetinfoilgnomethetinfoilgnome Posts: 103 Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm Rowlena. I'm basically going to act as the librarian here. I feel like it's difficult to have a nice story thread on the forums because you have to scroll through lots of comments in between stories and might have different chapters of a story on various pages of the thread. I'm going to feature the best stories on the blog. You can feel free to tag the author with comments here.

Even if you are not into stories per se, you can feel free to make posts about a great build you did or just capture something interesting that happened. I call that last type of post a "Humans of..." post, kind of like the Humans of New York project because I think it's cool to capture life in interesting ways.

Like @egwarhammer said, this thread is primarily for people who play with mods and/or cc, but even if your particular post doesn't have any cc in it, I'm not going to refuse add something creative :smile:

I do love The Sims 4 as it is, but now that I've been converted by @egwarhammer, I can't imagine playing without mods. Think of it like plain vanilla to our banana split.

I can't wait to see what you guys write.

Love,

Rowlena

P.S. Feel free to check out the site. I just started it, but I'm going to be adding stuff daily, so check back often! I appreciate comments and suggestions. If you have HTML knowledge, I'd love if you PM me.

You can find it here:

http://rlinmotion.blogspot.com/
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I want to make sure I post in here, so I can get updates for new posts :)
    I'm not much of a story "teller", but I do enjoy reading them.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    There is a story in this picture, but I haven't played it out yet. My next chance to play is looking like Monday morning after work. For now, let me introduce you to my Kims:

f3yty.jpg

Apologies for the side view, but as you can see, they are BOTH pregnant. Miracle is pregnant the old-fashioned way. Dennis, interestingly enough (to me, anyway), is pregnant from being abducted by aliens.

The odd thing there is, my MC alien pregnancy settings do NOT include elders. Somehow he managed to get himself GAME-impregnated, the mod had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Another clue is that Miracle was already pregnant when Dennis was abducted, with MC, having a baby or pregnancy in the house is supposed to cancel out abduction pregnancies before they happen. So it was strange all around.

I was REALLY surprised, the next time after he was abducted, that I saw his age with the Show Sim Info mod as being -5.1 days. Weird age numbers have been a thing for pregnant elders (any kind of pregnancy) since the June 2 patch. So I opened the Kim house (Parkshore, Lewises live across the street where Umbrage Manor used to be) and sure enough, full/sparkly age bar. :o

This hood is getting ready to start its third week. I restart a lot. But you know the core players, at least. I like elders, Dennis and Vivian are two of my favorite sims. After the game gave me Miracle as a bartender, and I found out later she has 2 traits in common with Dennis, I married them in CAS right on the spot. :blush:

I think he'll be going into labor first. She's not too far behind him... that's odd, too, because she was pregnant first. Hmm. Definitely going to see how THIS one plays out, soon as I get the chance. :)

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hello all! @egwarhammer steered me over here since she knows I write stories. I've been using MC since I started playing Sims 4 again last spring. At the time I only got it to use one feature of the mod but soon became addicted to all that it could do. Currently I'm only doing the Drifter challenge so my story is based on that challenge. When you go to my blog the stories are listed on the side panel, the links take you to the chapter index to whichever one you are looking for. If anything exciting pops up I'll post it here.

Rainy Dayz Gamez
    Thought of something to post! I recently cleaned out pretty much all of my CC but one thing that I did keep are cribs. I find them much more fun in stories than the goofy bassinet that comes with the game. Below is the nursery from my Drifter house 001.

ts4_x64-2016-06-04-19-19-16-45.jpg?w=1092&h=821
    Thought of something to post! I recently cleaned out pretty much all of my CC but one thing that I did keep are cribs. I find them much more fun in stories than the goofy bassinet that comes with the game. Below is the nursery from my Drifter house 001.

@Rainydayz179 that's so cute!

How you gonna post that without adding a link to it, though? LOL! *I* might even want to download that, it's awesome. Link please? <3
    Gah this took absoluletly FOREVER to find! Here's the link on how to use the cribs and there are some download links in the description: https://youtu.be/RMMlEmNmcXk and here's another link to some more of them: http://simsvip.com/2015/09/07/custom-showcase-nooboo-nursery/
    @Rainydayz179 Thanks! It may be a Monday thing, but I'm definitely going to check that out. Appreciate you digging it up. <3
    This picture is courtesy of the Show Sim Info mod, I used the Search Sims window and typed in trait:ispregnant to get this group. One of these sims is not like the others... :p

That's my simself's alien roommate, Ingrid, in the circle. The 9 people showing in the squares are all pregnant, you know most of them, right?

Between Dennis, Miracle and Alice, there are 3 new babies coming to the Kim (Lewis) dynasty. Pretty neat, that's one story set I'm going to follow.

You'll probably see all these sims again at some point, if I can stick with this hood. For once, I'd really like to see how long I can keep a game going. Wish me luck!

2w7ka5e.jpg

• ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    Just found out about this thread! Thought I'd post what happened to my game thanks to MC Command. To be specific, what happened to one of the townies in my game.

This is the story of Marie Callaway.
    ZZxbLtd.png
    Marie met my founder, Shelby Sinclair, in a pub. She looked peeved (probably tense like everyone else because it's Bear Night), so we wisely left her alone.

That was the end of that, were it not for MC Command.

A couple of in-game days later, after Shelby got happily married, have kids and built a house like what we always aim to do in a legacy, I received notifications that a bunch of my townies got pregnant, among them Marie. The father is Don Lothario, by the way.
    c09w6k6.png
    This is Shelby, her husband and friend during an outing at a restaurant; you can see them in the background.

Marie later gave birth to four miniature hot dogs, because I have Quadruplets Mod installed. It should be known there's only a 3% chance to get quadruplets even with it, so she's really lucky!
    XnobQ3Y.png

Don Lothario, for whatever reason, decided not to take responsibility for her lucky lucky quads and eloped with another man, but thankfully Marie Callaway found her own happiness with a townie named Abby Walsh.
    fBUTvLG.png

Her kids are now teenagers.
    YwZaSpP.png
    You can tell who's my favourite because I've used CC on her. Also because she's the love interest of one of Shelby's children.

All seems well for her and her family, except a few hours earlier I've received another notification...
    ViBC5ap.png

Maybe I should've left "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs" on false :p
    Thanks for posting your story! I'll be sure to add it to the blog later today. Where did you find that awesome cc hair for your favorite on the right?
    @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum No prob! I'll be sure to share more if I got any more interesting townies/the like. Almost everyone was matched into nice little pairs, I'm not sure why the mod likes to pick on Marie,

The hair is by Rusty and you can find it here.
    Just found out about this thread! Thought I'd post what happened to my game thanks to MC Command. To be specific, what happened to one of the townies in my game.

This is the story of Marie Callaway.
    ZZxbLtd.png
    Marie met my founder, Shelby Sinclair, in a pub. She looked peeved (probably tense like everyone else because it's Bear Night), so we wisely left her alone.

That was the end of that, were it not for MC Command.

A couple of in-game days later, after Shelby got happily married, have kids and built a house like what we always aim to do in a legacy, I received notifications that a bunch of my townies got pregnant, among them Marie. The father is Don Lothario, by the way.
    c09w6k6.png
    This is Shelby, her husband and friend during an outing at a restaurant; you can see them in the background.

Marie later gave birth to four miniature hot dogs, because I have Quadruplets Mod installed. It should be known there's only a 3% chance to get quadruplets even with it, so she's really lucky!
    XnobQ3Y.png

Don Lothario, for whatever reason, decided not to take responsibility for her lucky lucky quads and eloped with another man, but thankfully Marie Callaway found her own happiness with a townie named Abby Walsh.
    fBUTvLG.png

Her kids are now teenagers.
    YwZaSpP.png
    You can tell who's my favourite because I've used CC on her. Also because she's the love interest of one of Shelby's children.

All seems well for her and her family, except a few hours earlier I've received another notification...
    ViBC5ap.png

Maybe I should've left "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs" on false :p

Where did the third male get his eyes from? Small ears, too... I'm wondering if you might have some outdated cc, that was pretty common a while back. Don's eyes are green. I couldn't see Marie's well enough, but they aren't THAT dark.

Don gets around in my game, he's flagged to never marry, and he's had twins with my simself (hey, Don's cuuuuuute!), and Ulrike Faust is now pregnant by Don, too. He's flagged Never Marry, btw. I'm evil like that. Haha!

I also stopped playing a game once when MC married Don to a man, here. I have *nothing* against men marrying men, that's just not Don, IMO. My current game has a detective and a massage therapist married, both males, and they're doing fine. ;)

Did you know you can set maximum children per birth as high as six? It's RNG, but it will give you the chance... and, pregnancies are pretty configurable, too, once there is one to work with.

Wonderful post, thanks for sharing! <3
    @egwarhammer Marie has black eyes. It's hard to tell when she has orange shades all the time! The ears might be from when I'm making them over while having CAS Details Enabler installed though. Maybe I've clicked a couple of extra things I'll just leave it be since he's not important in my game.

I do, and I'm tempted to try, but I think quadruplets are enough for me now.
    *ahem* If you want to use MC to enable testing cheats and CAS-fulledit always, you won't need that Details mod any more. Scumbumbo seems to have went AWOL again, anyway. :( (I loved that mod, kept it till DP added CASF to MC.)

How's that ^^ for some techno-jargon? Haha!

TY for the details. :) Actually it was AMBER eyes with the small ears... my bad. He was just so obviously different, you know? RNG again. Pfft.
    Bump-worthy news, MC 2.15.0 (and the extra file, update both if you use both) is UP! Info in the MC Help thread, here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15187497/#Comment_15187497

Grab it and come tell us a 2.15.0 story. :) BTW, let me know if you see any errors, one's been reported already. Details here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15187691/#Comment_15187691
    I need a nap, but first, here's today's bump... er, picture... LOL!

I'll make a better av, too, when I get up later.

But this is my simself, Terra (4 hairstyles later, this one really does look quite a bit like my RL style).

Alien Roommate, Ingrid. And the twins, Danilo and Donna, are Terra's with Don Lothario (no strings woohoo plus hot tub equals descendants). :p Terra is pregnant again, btw, by alien abduction. She's getting the alien sparkles coming out of her belly, too. Love that!

More later. <3

2s68r2b.jpg
    I've made the first update to our stories page. I might do a bit more editing, but here it is!

https://rlinmotion.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

In future posts, you can also feel free to add in some creative writing, almost like a scene from a screenplay or a poem. Even a witty caption is great. Creativity is appreciated!
    I've made the first update to our stories page. I might do a bit more editing, but here it is!

https://rlinmotion.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

In future posts, you can also feel free to add in some creative writing, almost like a scene from a screenplay or a poem. Even a witty caption is great. Creativity is appreciated!

Yes'm! :p

I for one really do plan to get more detailed, I just haven't had much time to PLAY yet, much less come up with a decent set of pictures and time to wrap some text around them.

And I'm not trying to turn this into an "all about ME" thread, either. It would thrill me to open this page and see new story posts waiting here. <3

Remember the old Boost Mobile commercial? "Where y'all at?" Haha!

I am really grooving on my red glasses @Ulfric_Grimbrand made for me. @ScalesofGrey offered, but was at work, UG beat SG to the punch. <3 Thanks to both of you, I really appreciate you both. :)

Between the glasses and Mitchell Kalani's 'do, you're actually seeing a decent (younger) version of me. Although I'll say Terra is MUCH better "endowed" than I am. LMAO!

I was right, too, making the glasses wasn't even a 5 minute job. LOL!

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Love the thread!

With no strings woo hoo, Eliza got preggers by way of her next door neighbor (Daniel Pleasant). She gave birth to a girl, Brandi Pancakes. But because of the scandal, they are going by a new name... The Newbies. Anyway, Brandi Newbie will grow up soon and marry - have a few boys. And now we know why Daniel Pleasant won't want his daughter dating a Newbie boy. :D
    Brief breakdown (nerd level post, really) of who's who in my 'hood, courtesy of MC's get_pop b.

More "story" (background info) after the details:

[09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Sims: 119
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Female Sims: 69
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Male Sims: 50
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Grim Reapers: 0
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Babies - Female: 0, Male: 0
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Children - Female: 4, Male: 5
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Teens - Female: 9, Male: 4
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Young Adults - Female: 28, Male: 25
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Adults - Female: 24, Male: 12
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Elders - Female: 4, Male: 4
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Ghosts: 0
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Homeless Sims: 22
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Homed Sims: 97
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Married Sims: 54
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Pregnant Sims: 10
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Sims in Hidden Households: 8
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Aliens: 4
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Special Sims: 2
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Households: 69
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Homeless Households: 18
    [09/13/16 05:02:31]Total Homed Households: 51

No babies, but 10 pregnancies, including 2 from alien abduction, Dennis Kim and Terra (my simself). I have abductions on High here, and Terra's alien roomie Ingrid is a scientist, too, so I'm seeing flybys pretty often. At least 4 of those pregnancies are pretty near ready to go, Nancy Landgraab walked by in labor this morning, but I haven't gotten any "in labor" popups yet. The notices don't trip till the 3-hour in labor buff times out, BTW.

Terra is in the Tech Guru career, just to have something to do. With 2 adults and 2 kids, I'm already having trouble juggling, and there's another baby on the way. Saturday morning, getting ready to start my third week, I think. So you know most of my major players, the same 52 core sims that come with the game if you have it all.

Side note, probably more nerd stuff: a friend who is AMAZING at coding looked at someone else's file, from the age differences between the WC/OS "starters" and the younger WB sims, he figured out the other person didn't have GT installed. Pretty slick, I would not have made that connection.

No ghosts or Grim Reaper, I haven't been to Von Haunt Estate or camping or anything like that in this save. And I try really hard to keep my sims alive, thanks. LOL! Although there have been exceptions, along the way.

My teens can marry, some are, some aren't. Sofia B and Morgan F both married other females (Sofia married another teen, Morgan married my YA Librarian). No teens are getting pregnant in my game, though, I don't need the messed up genetics that bad. No strings and affairs enabled, meh.

Johnny Zest married teen Luna Villareal, which served to connect the Landgraab and Villareal families, indirectly. One thing I do at game roll-up without fail is to move him back in with the Landgraabs and fix him back to being their older son. Teen Malcolm is married to an elder, I'm saying that's a "for the money" arrangement.

With No Strings, I can just see Johnny and mom Nancy randomly hooking up, and there's enough ew there, that it's on my "must do" list.

I still have Jasmine Holiday as a Hidden sim, and the PT of course (they're also the 2 Special Sims listed). The rest have something to do with the Detective career, which Don Lothario is in, currently.

About that, the game gave me 4 female "jail cell" criminals. I put them into the same MH window together, too, and flagged all of them out of Clubs and Move Ins and having babies, etc. They can still marry, though... in fact, the mod decided to marry two of them to each other! I loved that. <3

I play WC the most, OS and WB sometimes, depending on what's happening. NC I decided to turn into an NPC town. If MC moves anybody in an NPC career that I don't want to play into a house, I put them in NC, so I don't open their lot by accident and lose their jobs for them.

My restaurant workers live there too, except for Lily Villareal (adult, waitress, married teen Hugo), I moved her and Hugo into one of the island lots near the Villareal mansion. I like keeping families close, when I can. Neighbor tag FTW. However, the Lewis/Kim clan sort of took over where the Goths originate, so when Cassandra married, she and her guy moved next to Bob and Eliza Pancakes.

I have 3 scientists, 3 doctors (maybe 4) and about 15 detectives. Numbers seem a little off, but maybe that's because I've done more with detective, so far. We'll see how it goes.

It'll go faster, if I quit typing and go PLAY. :smiley:

More to come! :)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

YwZaSpP.png

Ah, where'd you get that really cute short hair your redhead gal is wearing? :)
    edited September 2016
    @loubyloulou
    @Rowlena_Lauchenbaum No prob! I'll be sure to share more if I got any more interesting townies/the like. Almost everyone was matched into nice little pairs, I'm not sure why the mod likes to pick on Marie,

I had asked her the same question. Here it is.

You can also check out our sister blog:
    https://rlinmotion.blogspot.com/
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @loubyloulou

I had asked her the same question. Here it is.

You can also check out our sister blog:
    https://rlinmotion.blogspot.com/

Thanks! :)
    I took a bunch of pictures this morning. Too many to upload, even, but the best from today are posted on page one (currently) of my Sept 2016 TinyPic album, here:

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=TChd6DpwTVUpGyHpLuc+ioh4l5k2TGxc&amp;page=1

(Gonna show you some of them here, I just wanted you to know there are more uploaded than just these, if you wanted to see them.)

@Rowlena_Lauchenbaum if there's anything in the album you want to use for the site, feel free.

The word of the morning was BABIES (eventually). I knew it wouldn't be long before the labor notices started rolling in.

So far in this game, my simself Terra has had twins with Don Lothario (although Rowlena keeps trying to give them to Ingrid at the site... haha!), and Jacques and Theresa Villareal had a daughter, Kira. All aged up to child after the 2-day New Baby buff went away. I don't think I've ever left a baby in a crib long enough for the game to age it up. Too much hassle.

I also have Baby Motive Decay set on 0 in MC, btw. Bring them home, feed them once, maybe change a diaper, play with them. Pretty much all there is to it, till it's time to age them up. ;) (Overfeeding leads to negative relationship points, don't overdo it.)

Catch up pictures, first, here's Jacques Villareal's family tree, where Luna's marriage to Johnny (Landgraab/Zest/Villareal) ties the Villareal and Landgraab family trees together. That's going to be an interesting dynasty to watch.

23tsits.jpg

Luna got married before Hugo did. That's why I had Johnny take her name, instead of leaving them Zests. It was already a stage name, I figured Johnny Villareal would be pretty recognizable, too. Why not? ;) Hitched his wagon to a different legacy star, but still a Landgraab by blood in my game. Fame's his thing.

Yet another plug for the Show Sim Info mod, it let me look at this almost Brady Bunch like picture of all my Villareals at once. I *love* that!

10rv1uc.jpg

Now, from today, here's Ingrid getting to know Don the Easy alien way...

2d0j18z.jpg

Here's one for @Ulfric_Grimbrand btw... this is the (jealous) Doctor who's been delivering babies for me. She spawned as an elder, but I aged her down to Adult.

qmz56x.jpg

(She's also wearing another green thing in Sleep, one I can't show here... LOL! <3 )

This next picture wins, hands down, for coolest autonomous thing I saw happen today. I was playing my family, Syrtis. Dennis walked by, wife Miracle was coming from the other direction. He passed her, turned around, followed her back to the corner, and even with them both being pregnant with bellies out to HERE, she still grabbed him and did this:

axiedc.jpg

And I'm thinking this is a good stopping point, too. Next post, actual new baby pictures.