Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: Origin Update & 64-bit on PCs

Comments

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Game runs smooth so I assume its just the client. However, how can I see if its running 64-bit or 32-bit? I went Advanced Game and selected 64-bit (it had been reset to 32-bit) but I am not sure it runs on that, so I was wondering if there's a way to find out.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Hmm so how do I pick up the update?

Exit, don't just close, Origin, then restart it. That ought to prompt the update.

Didn't work for me I still have the old format.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

Exit, don't just close, Origin, then restart it. That ought to prompt the update.

This might help: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-update-to-the-latest-version-of-origin/
    ...though you might just want to try again tomorrow.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

This might help: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-update-to-the-latest-version-of-origin/
    ...though you might just want to try again tomorrow.

Eh not like I care much about having it, I'll wait for it to decide to do it.
  • Options
    troubledbongotroubledbongo Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2016
    plopppo wrote: »
    It also seems to log you into this forum.

I didn't have to log in the usual 2-step system into this forum.

You can disable that in settings if you prefer it not to do that. It can be a pain more than a help sometimes.

For example if you have two Origin accounts like me, it auto logs you into whichever account you are signed into in the client, which may not be the account you wish to sign into elsewhere on EA websites.

And you can't sign out and log into the account you want because it just auto logs you into the same account that Origin is signed into again.

Click Origin > Settings >

Then at the bottom under Startup options disable Origin Helper Service.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Mine updated almost an hour ago now. I haven't seen what it says it's launching on, I'll have to check that tomorrow...
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    New Origin is horrible beyond words.
    Don't tell me I got used on the old one too much. This new one is like some 5yr old kid played with a code and messed everything up.

I think it looks decent enough - I did prefer the old one. This might just be me being dumb, but I haven't been able to find out how to "view details" of my games to see the dlc and how long I've played it. I must just be missing something, I haven't looked at it properly yet tbh
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    Don't tell me I got used on the old one too much. This new one is like some 5yr old kid played with a code and messed everything up.

I think it looks decent enough - I did prefer the old one. This might just be me being dumb, but I haven't been able to find out how to "view details" of my games to see the dlc and how long I've played it. I must just be missing something, I haven't looked at it properly yet tbh

Game Library > click on the game > below the Play button and then below Hours Played and Last Played, you'll find Friends Who Play and Extra Content. Click on Extra Content.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Callum2000 wrote: »

Just click on any game once and you'll see a "fly out" page - you can see hours played here. There is also a button below that says "Extra content" where you will see your owned DLC (including whether it's installed) and any DLC available to buy etc.

ShEMMkN.jpg
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Basically if I do not have the new update or use the new update will that hurt anything in my game? If not I am just going to opt out. I do not need any stress right now.
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Basically if I do not have the new update or use the new update will that hurt anything in my game? If not I am just going to opt out. I do not need any stress right now.

It shouldn't be a problem no, not for now at least - you'll need to turn off auto updates for Origin otherwise it will do it automatically when you next exit & restart Origin.

Though there's nothing to say they won't force the update at some point.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    my origin won't update. I even reinstalled it.
  • Options
    MinkFurMinkFur Posts: 164 Member
    edited September 2016
    Huh, Mine is still the old origin, maybe only some people get the update. Like some other people said, its probably in a beta right now. So only a few people get to try it out. (Even I checked the box for"Update to the beta verson when available" still no new origin;I'm also thinking this is an elaborate prank.) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ my games still work tho. Hmm, I've tried reinstalling but that didn't trigger the update to the new format, and i don't know how waiting until tomorrow will help @luthienrising
    newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    MinkFur wrote: »
    Huh, Mine is still the old origin, maybe only some people get the update. Like some other people said, its probably in a beta right now. So only a few people get to try it out. (Even I checked the box for"Update to the beta verson when available" still no new origin;I'm also thinking this is an elaborate prank.) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ my games still work tho. Hmm, I've tried reinstalling but that didn't trigger the update to the new format, and i don't know how waiting until tomorrow will help @luthienrising

The new look Origin has been in beta for a month or so, I got it at the end of July just by selecting the "Update to beta version" option. I was assuming that since so many people seem to be getting it now that it had rolled out officially. Maybe it's some kind of staggered roll out.

If you really want to try it you can download it from the new beta Origin website: https://beta.www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    The main EA site is having issues right now. My origin went from Beta to released early this morning. Most hit a few hours ago so, I assume it is a staggered roll out to avoid overloading the server with updating customers.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    Mines not updating. Although, looking at the screenshot....it looks kinda ugly :|
    While I do like that it shows sub-store tabs now without needing to go into the store (which I wanted in the old Origin layout), it also takes up so much room. It just seems like there's more empty space now :P
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    edited September 2016
    I like the new interface.
    Post edited by Callous_Lily on
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    glad to know the new update is... um, normal. I thought Origin had been hacked or something and was ready to uninstall.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Must be slowly rolling out or something. I relogged and everything. Will try a reinstall after work I guess. And maybe it is only for a select few at the moment.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I've had this Origin layout for weeks. I have the Beta box checked though. You get used to it.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I just went in and looked my origin says up to date but nothing has changed. I still have the old Origin. I downloaded the update and it said it was done, then I opened to the old Origin just as glad. I would try reloading Origin but I am concerned that something will happen to my game.
  • Options
    I went into the chat as I had the new Origin and the old Origin on my computer. I had one in Downloads and another in Documents. I did not know how to get rid of one of them or if I could without a problem. I was told that only some are getting the new Origin and I opted to keep the old one for the time being as this new one seems to have a learning curve, that I am not in the mood to deal with right now, but anyway I uninstalled both downloads and cleaned out my registry of it, then I downloaded and updated again and I have the old version only, so I am good. I was also asked if I had downloaded the new one from another site as apparently there are phoney download sites for Origin that cause viruses. I wondered why my Kaspersky kept telling me that Origin was a virus, I did not download the virus one, but Origin is Origin to Kaspersky and they kept tossing it out. So now I am set with the old Origin, I hope to not get the new one any time soon, as I had trouble figuring out where everything was on it, and I did not want to take the time looking into it. So now I happily play the game in the old one. The download is still in beta from what I was told, so I guess who got it is the ones who are testing the product.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Is this for Macs? Is there a big difference?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I'm in the UK too (if that makes any difference) and mine hasn't updated yet... I guess it will when it's good and ready.
  • Options
    I still have the old Origin.